Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

2022 Ms Olympia

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

It appears this thread should be retitled Ms. Olympia Bodybuilding 2022. Regardless, the IFBB has gotten very lax regarding the category definitions in the past 2 years, so upcoming figure and wellness competitors will have more muscle and definition than bodybuilders did in the 1980s. Letting those category separations drift isn't good in the long term for women who compete.

I agree!!now even figure division gals look like they are wpd athletes

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

every division has put on size last two years. figure girls now would have beaten dana lynn bailey in the physique debut. some of the physique girls are bigger than fbbs. melissa teich looks like she has 30 pounds of muscle on sarah...

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

every division has put on size last two years. figure girls now would have beaten dana lynn bailey in the physique debut. some of the physique girls are bigger than fbbs. melissa teich looks like she has 30 pounds of muscle on sarah...

Daaaaaamn!! whenever there is a discussion about Melissa teich,her mind-boggling pecs comes into my mind πŸ‘€πŸ™ŠπŸ”₯πŸ”₯

fp909
Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Melissa Teich, Brooke Walker, Anne Mohn, Ivie Rhein would all, i think, get serious notes about moving to BB.

I know Melissa has gotten that note for sure, already, and is considering if based on her placement this year. Brooke looks closer to Melissa now than she does to her stage look last year.

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Melissa Teich, Brooke Walker, Anne Mohn, Ivie Rhein would all, i think, get serious notes about moving to BB.

I know Melissa has gotten that note for sure, already, and is considering if based on her placement this year. Brooke looks closer to Melissa now than she does to her stage look last year.

Isn't ivie rhein already in BB??

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Can things get any better.

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Can things get any better.

Meaning??

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Meaning??

I mean that female bodybuilder keep getting more and more attractive and muscular i wonder if it can get any better.

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

I mean that female bodybuilder keep getting more and more attractive and muscular i wonder if it can get any better.

Ohh!!agreed!!

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Yes and no. I personally love it and I’m sure a lot of us do. However, I think it might put off some girls and women into getting to bodybuilding. Cuz a lot like to start off small, be a small, little bit of muscle figure competitor and progress from there once they like the look and feel of being muscular. But they might not start then if it’s too big right away.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Yes and no. I personally love it and I’m sure a lot of us do. However, I think it might put off some girls and women into getting to bodybuilding. Cuz a lot like to start off small, be a small, little bit of muscle figure competitor and progress from there once they like the look and feel of being muscular. But they might not start then if it’s too big right away.

I think Bikini will become the new Figure. They're surprisingly more ripped, but still small enough that it can serve as a gateway to the fitness world.

Figure girls have bulked up immensely that it's crazy. I can't imagine competitors like Gal Yates standing a chance nowadays.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I think Bikini will become the new Figure. They're surprisingly more ripped, but still small enough that it can serve as a gateway to the fitness world.

Figure girls have bulked up immensely that it's crazy. I can't imagine competitors like Gal Yates standing a chance nowadays.

Agreed!! fitness girls look like they are built like a tank these days πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Are margie or helle competing at the Olympia?

Nov 22, 2022 - edited Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Helle is not, but apparently Margie is.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Wellness will be a big draw for the time being. everyone wants big figure/wpd legs and bikini upper, its en vogue around fitness and they like the offseason look. soon as their upper bodies get to big they're getting moved up again lol.

Yess,and though it is expected of wellness athletes to have mind-bogglingly big muscled quads,but recently Jacqueline rios quads are making me go crazy!! They are the biggest and most terrifyingly incredible looking muscular quads I have ever seen on a wellness athlete till date. And she is only 21 πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯πŸ”₯

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I believe Natalia Coelho will be your 2022 Ms Olympia in women's physique! She's won every show she's competed in this year plus many said she was screwed out of the 2021 title. Look how huge she is this year!

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

WPD will probably be won by Sarah or Ivie

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I believe Natalia Coelho will be your 2022 Ms Olympia in women's physique! She's won every show she's competed in this year plus many said she was screwed out of the 2021 title. Look how huge she is this year!

I've wished for years that Natalia should balloon to bodybuilding size. Maybe that's what she's done although she still is in physique division

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I have rooted for her always and still will do the same!! hoping she win it this time!!she has not only uped her conditioning but also added more mass

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Yes and no. I personally love it and I’m sure a lot of us do. However, I think it might put off some girls and women into getting to bodybuilding.

That's what bikini, etc is there for.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Jacqueline Rios is gonna smash everyone at the wellness Olympia, her legs are on a whole different league

Anna Mroczkowska too, she's more well rounded

With that being said, none of them will win since they don't match the criteria for wellness (too massive and shredded)

There should be a category for women like this, kind of an hybride wellness/physique category.

Because they are too massive for wellness, but their upper bodies aren't on par with the women's physique category, their lats, biceps etc are no match for people like Coelho or Villegas

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Jacqueline Rios is gonna smash everyone at the wellness Olympia, her legs are on a whole different league

With that being said, none of them will win since they don't match the criteria for wellness (too massive and shredded)

There should be a category for women like this, kind of an hybride wellness/physique category.

Because they are too massive for wellness, but their upper bodies aren't on par with the women's physique category, their lats, biceps etc are no match for people like Coelho or Villegas

Agreed,coz wellness basically means crazy lower body!!so a little leniancy can be given

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

So you are saying there are too few categories?!

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I hope so, but I think Sarah will be gifted the win again unless she come in with terrible conditioning.

« first < prev Page 3 of 9 next > last »