Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

2022 Ms Olympia

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Jacqueline Rios is gonna smash everyone at the wellness Olympia, her legs are on a whole different league

Anna Mroczkowska too, she's more well rounded

With that being said, none of them will win since they don't match the criteria for wellness (too massive and shredded)

There should be a category for women like this, kind of an hybride wellness/physique category.

Because they are too massive for wellness, but their upper bodies aren't on par with the women's physique category, their lats, biceps etc are no match for people like Coelho or Villegas

I think we’ve got enough categories for now lol Especially because, with bodybuilding coming back, judges seem to still be figuring out how they want each division to look. We’re seeing that with upsets like that Anastasia lady not even placing in the top five despite being massive.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

I think we’ve got enough categories for now lol Especially because, with bodybuilding coming back, judges seem to still be figuring out how they want each division to look. We’re seeing that with upsets like that Anastasia lady not even placing in the top five despite being massive.

There are too many classes now.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by musclebox77
Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

To me it seems that the biggest competitor tends to win in all divisions except from in bodybuilding. Which is strange.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

No one said about kristina Nicole, isn't she not competing?

She took a year off competing to make improvements.

Nov 22, 2022 - permalink

Yeah, Andrea Shaw even mentions that judges told her not to come so big this year. Last year, she dwarfed almost everyone.

Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

I was bothered to see what appeared to be a decline in Andrea’s size. Every year she has been growing, and last year was absolutely stunning. I was so blown away by her development and was really amped to see where she would go from there. But, it seems like the rumors were true and that event organizers asked her to not only not gain anymore size, but to maybe even reduce her muscularity. When she posted on Instagram that she would be competing at a healthier weight, I knew what that meant.

I wonder if she is happy with that or if she feels held back…but the smart decision, to work for that money and the title, was the one made. And so, once again, the sport’s major sponsors and money players seem to be telling women that they can only gain so much muscle and achieve only so much size, lest the title and money be taken away. Deep down, this felt wrong to me…but maybe I’ve misread everything and Andrea made the decision purely for health reasons…if so, I would at least feel better about what I saw. Can’t we just let one damn champion with these genetic gifts go unleashed and show the world what kind of incredibly muscular body a female BODYBUILDER can achieve…JUST ONCE…goddamn…

Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

She most definitely downsized. I even noticed it before she hit the stage recently, but I thought maybe it's because she didn't have other competitors next to her as a point of reference.

Believe it or not, Andrea said she could get even bigger than she was in 2021. Sadly, we'll never see that.

fp909
Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

Honestly they should be forcing the men in this direction too. The larger weight classes look terrible. At the moment I only know of Arnold canceling the 212s (I think) at the Arnold.

Though it’s weird that they would tell BB to downsize and not make any notes to WPD unless they place some of the larger women so poorly and give them the note. Which makes me worried for Brooke Walker and Melissa teich

Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

I'll be shocked if Brooke makes the top three again. She's starting to rival Andrea's current size.

fp909
Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

She’s not quite as big as Andrea for sure. But she’s certainly bigger than last year

Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

I could switch several Physique and BB girls between the two categories and no one would notice. There might even be new top 3 winners after the switching.

Same thing can be done between Physique and Figure.

I could even move Anna Mroczkowska from Wellness to Physique and do well.

The lines are blurred. IFBB is trying to maximize sport participation, earnings for the promoters and marketability. Bikini and now Wellness are the big earners. The other categories are a side job.

fp909
Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

I would put that in the lower end though. Like an Asha Hadley would still be fine for WPD, but Brooke or Melissa Would probably be interchangeable at her end. no way you can look at the top 5 from bb and wpd and say they would place in the other divison. participate, yes, but there's not always a crossover. It would be very rare for someone to jump between the classes and not be too big for one of them at the higher levels (julia monroe--blacklisted here--won overalls for figure/wpd/wellness at the same show but it wasn't oe they were awarding pro cards at). and even though she won her pro card at nationals she didn't win overall in figure (but did in wpd)

Nov 23, 2022 - permalink

The only way to "fix" WPD is to add maximum weights along with the height breakdowns. Then they could keep a lid on the size they want for that division, and the bigger girls would have to move up to bodybuilding. At the IFBB level, they need to bring weight classes back to BB, even at the Olympia.

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

Maybe I'll change my tune when I see her onstage, but Brooke doesn't even look like a Physique competitor anymore.

fp909
Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

yeah i saw that pic today and i was kinda shocked. i'm a big brooke homer but i would be surprised to see that kind of change rewarded, she looks visibly and significantly bigger than last year.

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

She has to move up next year. She actually looks amazing.

fp909
Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

i def wonder if she'd give it a shot if they gave her that note. why not?

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

Maybe with her gains Brooke will attempt one contest at BB and if she places well she'd stick with it.

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

Anyone knows whether there are rules against Brooke Walker competing at both Olympia FBB and WP?

Dec 02, 2022 - permalink

Anyone knows whether there are rules against Brooke Walker competing at both Olympia FBB and WP?

You would have to qualify in both divisions for the O. In "regular" IFBB shows I believe entering two divisions would be allowed.

fp909
Dec 16, 2022 - permalink

1) cyd gillon looks to be the 6 time figure champ

2) missy truscott looks to take fitness

3) WPD is potentially same top three although they brought out Sarah and Natalia for additional comparison.

4) BB is VERY interesting. Andrea never moved out of the middle but Yeo seems to have moved into the top 2 over Helle. Yeo could make a serious run at 1st, she is SHREDDED. Conditioning is way tighter at prejudging than Shaw. Depends on what the judges will award. I’m sure she will shine in the night show when she gets to show her routine

cgsweat
Dec 16, 2022 - permalink

1) cyd gillon looks to be the 6 time figure champ

Fun fact about her.

She was once upon a time a contestant on the reality TV show "Survivor."

Dec 16, 2022 - permalink

Watching her on Survivor would probably be more entertaining for me than watching the Figure division. It’s a little boring knowing she’ll win every time.

Dec 16, 2022 - permalink

There needs to be a lightweight BBing division for women like Brooke who are probably too big for WPD but who don't have the kind of Andrea Shaw type body for full BBing. Either that or they have to accept that WPD competitors will keep getting bigger.

« first < prev Page 4 of 9 next > last »