Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

2022 Ms Olympia

fp909
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

She hasn’t qualified nor has she even competed yet this year.

didn't qualify last year either. if she is going to compete again she prob wants to have a legit off season. it did wonders for angela yeo

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

According to a post on her Instagram, it looks like she’s not planning on competing until 2023.

cgsweat
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

According to a post on her Instagram, it looks like she’s not planning on competing until 2023.

I think that's great. She's definitely making some serious gains in her off season and I really think she'll give Andrea a run for her money next year.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

Same. Kristina’s biggest problem has been her conditioning. I think taking some time off was the best decision.

fp909
Aug 27, 2022 - edited Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

the ones that want to have any kind of longevity know it will take a bit of patience. not everyone can come out the gate blasting gear and race to the top like Shannon Courtney did or some others that flew high but quit. a lot of young kids want the fast success to add "pro" to their bios.

heck, look at slava galagan. she was using pretty heavy for figure, had a little success but then took a break to enjoy life and be healthy, and now she has a bit of physical maturity and looks better than ever.

cgsweat
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

That reminds me of the saying:

"The flame that burns twice as bright burns half as long."

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

No one said about kristina Nicole, isn't she not competing?

She skips the contest season this year to pack on more mass, especially on upper body, to come on stage next year with a winning physique.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

heck, look at slava galagan. she was using pretty heavy for figure, had a little success but then took a break to enjoy life and be healthy, and now she has a bit of physical maturity and looks better than ever.

Jada Beverly should do the same and go back to Physique. I don't think her body agrees with the mass of a bodybuilder.

fp909
Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

she would benefit too from a classic div because i think the posing suits her better

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

She skips the contest season this year to pack on more mass, especially on upper body, to come on stage next year with a winning physique.

shes looking scary huge. looks like 20 pounds of muscle from last show. if she gets a bigger back than andrea watch out!

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

I don't know, guys. Leyvina might be a force to be reckoned with if she tightens up by December.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

she looks good but i dont think she comes in shredded enough for top 5

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Michaela Aycock is fire. She’s gotten friggin’ enormous and keeps going after it. Love her workout vids - just wish she showed off the goods more

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Michaela Aycock is fire. She’s gotten friggin’ enormous and keeps going after it. Love her workout vids - just wish she showed off the goods more

Michaela is an anomaly. She's the first bb I know of that seems to not like being admired for it.

cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - edited Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Michaela is an anomaly. She's the first bb I know of that seems to not like being admired for it.

My impression of her is that she's close to her family and raised in a conservative (not necessarily politically) household. She'll only show skin for the purpose of bodybuilding and that's it.

fp909
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

Definitely a conservatively religious background--she posts about her faith often enough but not often enough to be obnoxious.

She reminds me of Iris Kyle. Not friendly enough to the media/social side to be a bonafide star but still in the upper echelon

cgsweat
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

My thoughts on each (in no particular order):

Andrea Shaw - very high chance of winning. The only way she loses is if she doesn't go all in for some reason.

Chelsea Dion - she's come a long way in the last year, to my own surprise (and delight). She might place top 3. Personally I'd say top 5 for sure.

Helle Trevino - she's been at this for a long time (over 20 years). She always looks great, but I have to say if she was going to win one, she'd have done it by now.

Margie Martin - she's in a similar boat with Helle. She always looks great, but it's never quite enough to win (unfortunately).

Angela Yeo - several people have named her as a dark horse, and I agree. It's taken her several years to reach this stage, and now she'll have a chance to prove herself. She loves bodybuilding and you can see her passion when she's on the stage. I'd have her in the top 3, maybe even 2nd place, but I wouldn't be surprised if the judges snub her.

Michaela Aycock - she has one of the most amazing upper bodies I've ever seen in my life, killer quads too. No one can take that away from her. But unfortunately she is short and only around 135 lbs (most of the women competing will be 160+), so as she's standing next to the others she will definitely appear little. And then of course her calves.... we all know about that problem. I'd love to see her place well, but realistically I think she'd be lucky to reach the top 5.

Nadia Capostosto - I've liked her look in previous competitions, and she used to look nice and feminine, with a good solid physique. Lately she's been embracing an overly masculine appearance so I don't know how that's going to play out when she steps on stage.

MayLa Ash - I like her a lot and think she could do very well. The only thing she really lacks in my opinion is size, but she has everything else down.

Eva Montgomery - I'm not really familiar with her contest look so I can't say anything for sure about her. She has the size, but I'm not sure if she will have the conditioning to be a threat.

Theresa Ivancik - I've always liked Theresa, but in all my years of following her I don't ever recall seeing her shredded enough to really be an Olympia contender. Obviously she qualified, but unless she brings better conditioning than I've seen in the past, then I'd be shocked if she makes top 5.

Donna Salib - she only recently appeared on my radar (in the last year or so) so I don't have much to say. I think she has potential to place in the top 5, but she's facing some stiff competition.

Lisa Kudrey - I don't see her placing top 5. She looks great, but she seems to have a thick torso which will impact that X frame the judges look for.

Danielle Willis - I haven't been following her too close lately. I've always felt like she has the body of a figure or physique competitor. She would need to put on a lot more size to be a real threat.

Reshanna Boswell - she has a very solid physique. If anything she might need to add more size to her legs. Also, I've never felt any kind of charisma from her on stage. She smiles, but it's like she just goes through the motions. She doesn't bring that "wow" factor that judges look for in a winner.

Leyvina Rodrigues Barros - conditioning is her major weakness, and I do mean major. Top 10 at best, unless she can reach a lower BF%.

Branka Njegovec - on the other hand, conditioning is her major strength. She will likely be the most shredded lady on stage. I don't feel like she has any weak areas, except maybe when you look at her complete package. From behind her glutes are enormous, and to me because of their size it takes away from the size of the rest of her. But again, I wouldn't call this a weakness, just something she might need to tweak to balance it all out. She could definitely be top 5.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

More or less how I see it going down.

fp909
Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

i think that's a a pretty good accounting, of course not noting women that may still qualify.

i was incorrect in saying that Mona Poursaleh had placed and autoqualified, so it seems she is in fact in prep for an incoming show. She's third in points behind Michelle Jin and Sherry Priami but at the moment would qualify based on points standings. she's also tied with 3 other women (Sheena Ohlig and Stephanie Flesher included) so it will be a bit of a battle for that third point spot.

However there are 4 pro shows featuring WBB before the O that could autoqualify the remainders that aren't scheduled to compete and have already made it in: Savannah Pro, Phoenix Pro (100k prize money! which is what i'm sure many will target for the money alone), the Europa, and the Romania Muscle Fest (late but there). So lots of opportunity still.

Aug 28, 2022 - permalink

I feel bad for women like Mayla Ash. She's buff, but she's competing against monsters. Sad part is, I'm sure she'd be considered too big for Physique.

Aug 29, 2022 - edited Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

Does Asha Hadley have no score for Olympia? I'm surprised...

Aug 29, 2022 - edited Aug 29, 2022 - permalink

Asha’s quite small compared to the top placers. She may have more a Physique body now.

EDIT: Actually, seeing her stand next to Kristina Mendoza… Yeah, I wonder…

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

It appears this thread should be retitled Ms. Olympia Bodybuilding 2022. Regardless, the IFBB has gotten very lax regarding the category definitions in the past 2 years, so upcoming figure and wellness competitors will have more muscle and definition than bodybuilders did in the 1980s. Letting those category separations drift isn't good in the long term for women who compete.

fp909
Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Wellness will be a big draw for the time being. everyone wants big figure/wpd legs and bikini upper, its en vogue around fitness and they like the offseason look. soon as their upper bodies get to big they're getting moved up again lol.

Nov 21, 2022 - permalink

Wellness will be a big draw for the time being. everyone wants big figure/wpd legs and bikini upper, its en vogue around fitness and they like the offseason look. soon as their upper bodies get to big they're getting moved up again lol.

Agreed

« first < prev Page 2 of 9 next > last »