Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Women you haven't seen anything from in a long time

« first < prev Page 10 of 33 next > last »
May 21, 2022 - permalink

Does anyone know what happened to Wendy McMaster?

I was talking about Wendy on fb a year or so ago and Tana Huie who is still active in FBB knows Wendy. She says she's doing well, didn't mention a lot of details but posted a recent picture of her and Wendy. I wish I could tell you more but that's the nuts and bolts of it. I asked more questions but there was never further mention.

I miss that Wendy girl. deep sigh.............

May 21, 2022 - permalink

How about Catherine Holland?

May 21, 2022 - edited May 21, 2022 - permalink

How about Catherine Holland?

Got married a while ago, she has two kids and is currently pregnant with twins.

cgsweat
May 22, 2022 - edited May 22, 2022 - permalink

Is Amanda Dunbar still around? If I remember correctly she was diagnosed with some form of cancer several years ago and seemed to have given up competition. Hopefully she's doing well.

EDIT: Also adding Basia Dimitraki. I followed her for several years on Facebook (I don't use that platform anymore). I don't think I've heard anything new about her in 1-2 years.

May 22, 2022 - permalink

Is Amanda Dunbar still around? If I remember correctly she was diagnosed with some form of cancer several years ago and seemed to have given up competition. Hopefully she's doing well.

EDIT: Also adding Basia Dimitraki. I followed her for several years on Facebook (I don't use that platform anymore). I don't think I've heard anything new about her in 1-2 years.

I know Amanda married Dave Palumbo and they had a child, but I don't think she's competed since she tried Physique in 2013(I think?)

May 22, 2022 - permalink

Does anybody know what Angela Mraz is doing?

May 22, 2022 - permalink

I know Amanda married Dave Palumbo and they had a child, but I don't think she's competed since she tried Physique in 2013(I think?)

She's on Instagram. Mostly pics of family - she now has two little girls it seems.

cgsweat
May 23, 2022 - edited May 23, 2022 - permalink

Adding Kelsey Haas. Her most recent pic was uploaded last December:

The image before that is from last October, and the one before that was from last June.

EDIT: Checking her IG reveals she did post an update over a month ago. But up to that point there hadn't been anything new from her since last year.

cgsweat
May 28, 2022 - permalink

Vanessa Dominguez

She updated her IG for the first time last month after going 2 years without any posts (either that or she went into a delete frenzy). It's a RIP post about someone she knew, so it's likely an older pic of her.

May 28, 2022 - edited May 30, 2022 by cgsweat - permalink

Tracy Rabbit disappeared

May 28, 2022 - permalink

Covid-19 is going to be a big dividing line separating competitors. Women who were late in their careers may have been dropped out unless they had access to a full gym throughout the pandemic. I'm a man in my 60's and (while I was never big) lost 15 lbs trying to retain muscle doing bodyweight exercises. I was shocked by the growing muscularity of figure competitors who continued to compete, especially at the Olympia. I think women who did well at competitions in 2020-21 took bigger risks with drug intake and Covid exposure. Since health effects take years to show up, we won't know for a while.

cgsweat
May 28, 2022 - edited May 28, 2022 - permalink

Covid-19 is going to be a big dividing line separating competitors. Women who were late in their careers may have been dropped out unless they had access to a full gym throughout the pandemic. I'm a man in my 60's and (while I was never big) lost 15 lbs trying to retain muscle doing bodyweight exercises. I was shocked by the growing muscularity of figure competitors who continued to compete, especially at the Olympia. I think women who did well at competitions in 2020-21 took bigger risks with drug intake and Covid exposure. Since health effects take years to show up, we won't know for a while.

In some cases, you might be right. A lot of women however developed their own home gyms during this time and trained there. Also not all public gyms suffered the same lockdown mandates, when you look at it through the lens of a worldwide scope. Many gyms even ignored the mandates regardless.

As far as "drug intake" is concerned, I don't think there is conclusive evidence that they have increased their intake as a result of these lockdowns. You would have to first consider each athlete's situation separately, and see if she falls into any of the scenarios I mentioned above.

fixed grammatical error
cgsweat
May 28, 2022 - permalink

Evie LaRosa:

This the last uploaded image of her, from Feb. 2021. All I can assume is she has quit bodybuilding. I hope it's nothing more than that.

May 29, 2022 - edited May 29, 2022 - permalink

I used to watch this girl workout, as we attended the same gym. She also worked there as a trainer. She had gorgeous arms, and getting to see her workout was a treat. She left for a different gym, she’s finally posted a updated photo after awhile. She’s very MIA when it comes to social media. It looks like she’s sadly beefed down.

[deleted]
May 29, 2022 - permalink

DEIDRE PAGNANELLI,IS SHE STILL ALIVE ??

May 29, 2022 - permalink

DEIDRE PAGNANELLI,IS SHE STILL ALIVE ??

Read the thread you just posted to.

May 30, 2022 - edited May 30, 2022 by cgsweat - permalink

I've always loved Dena Westerfield on HBC (Thick & Ripped), was jacked and still jacked then about two months ago - "poof" gone. Anyone hear anything?

Best on cam ever. Below some of her months ago and 10 years ago. Also never saw the answer on Marja?

Chainer
May 30, 2022 - permalink

No nudity, please. I edited out the image from your post.

May 30, 2022 - permalink

No nudity, please. I edited out the image from your post.

Ok thanks. Any thoughts on this girl?

May 31, 2022 - permalink

She got disillusioned with the sport years ago. She was upset (and rightfully so) about the lack of respect FBB got from their own sport. Then there was a shift from her as she pulled away a lot from social media. Every once in awhile she would pop up with a picture or new account somewhere but she was headed in a new direction. I haven't looked for her lately but the last I saw of a post from her she was still in great shape and had taken up playing the piano.

Jun 02, 2022 - permalink

pilot_krissy

fp909
Jun 02, 2022 - permalink

she's a regular on HBC, at least even through last year. idk if she's been particularly active, but she was online as recently as 4/30 this year and had reviews up through 3/22 this year. her competing days are long past. she shot a video with HDPhysiques this year too. she just doesn't compete and is likely in the age group that has moved away from socials.

she is a professional though with a business. idk how much it brings in but in Florida a little still goes a long way.

Jun 02, 2022 - permalink

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but Cindy Phillips. Good lord she was hot.

On the smaller side, Rachel Gilmore was one of my favorites too despite not having much content out there.

Jun 02, 2022 - permalink

Chantal Bicket, the girl that got me into this (and also related to how I found this site). She vanished, unfortunately.

...? @ceejay_bicket

Jun 02, 2022 - permalink

Not sure if anyone said this yet, but Cindy Phillips. Good lord she was hot.

On the smaller side, Rachel Gilmore was one of my favorites too despite not having much content out there.

Cindy disappeared a long time ago. Rachel Gilmore was one of my favourites too along with Olivia Moschetti, who both disappeared a few years ago unfortunately.

« first < prev Page 10 of 33 next > last »