Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Female grip strength

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

First try hope i used correct , funny be right handed but left was stronger here

@Liesbeth, I'm having trouble understanding the readings. A strong man has a grip of 100 lbs /45.359 kgs. If you are in that range, you definitely have a strong grip. A woman's grip strength has always intrigued me due to my ex-wife. I never measured her grip but she used to enjoy bringing men to their knees with a handshake. She had a very physical job, never even lifted.

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

45 Kg is not a strong man it is average

Dec 22, 2023 - edited Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

Yes, Lisbeth, you are incredibly strong - I have no doubt about that.

But back to Natalia Amazonka's crush with the Coke can: I'm sure she was helped a bit... I mean, she certainly has an incredibly strong vice-grip and she can lift weights twice as much a strong man, but crushing the unopened full can with one hand - it's scary to me. I come from the film industry and as an international stuntman we also have a lot of technical tricks when filming... It's not always the way you see it. Visual illusions happen all the time. Here, for example: I would give Nataliya a full can with a small hole on it. Maybe just pricked by a needle once or twice. So perforated with 2 needle stitches beforehand. All she has to do is hold her hand on the hole (so the camera doesn't see it) and press hard. Then slowly turn the can so that the cola comes out. It's also heavy, and she needs full strength at first. If it's already dripping then it gets easier. In about a minute, when half the liquid is out, the can can also be crushed. As I said, Natalya is still incredibly strong... I admire her too! And 20-25 kg plate she can hold easy in her hands.

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

45 Kg is not a strong man it is average

I hate disagree with you Liesbeth, but an average male has a grip of around 72 lbs, around 33 kgs.

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

I hate disagree with you Liesbeth, but an average male has a grip of around 72 lbs, around 33 kgs.

This is woman

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

The Display says strong

Looked for some Nr and average for woman is 30 to 35 and men 40 to 48 Kg

But i realy tried to squeeze the hell out of the measure device so it is a max Nr , and my normal hard grip must be less than this

I am thinking you would be pretty good at mercy. That grip is twice as strong as the average girl

Dec 22, 2023 - permalink

The Display says HELP!!! ;)

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

At the moment i try to evaluate the results .

At increase strength at squeezing the device i get somewhere between 56 and 61 Kg left and right . At squeeze the device in one short explosive grip i can get 70+ Kg left and right .

I guess increase strength is a more valid test

Most results are like this

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Yeah. Short burst/spike may be a tiny bit misleading

Dec 23, 2023 - edited Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Yeah. Short burst/spike may be a tiny bit misleading

yes but impressive results

After a few tries i get in the last pics grip strength range , fresh 60+

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Oh yeah, over 70kg would hurt a lot used in a handshake

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

At the moment i try to evaluate the results .

At increase strength at squeezing the device i get somewhere between 56 and 61 Kg left and right . At squeeze the device in one short explosive grip i can get 70+ Kg left and right .

I guess increase strength is a more valid test

Most results are like this

Either way you look at it....you have an impressive grip, Liesbeth

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Oh yeah, over 70kg would hurt a lot used in a handshake

Yes but for hurt someone a quick explosive squeeze is enough , but never did to someone lol squeeze hard back and increase yessss if someone handshake too hard

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Either way you look at it....you have an impressive grip, Liesbeth

Thanks pretty close to my man , but Ok i need to be able to hold my weight at the pole and the work on the pole built my grip strength , my grip trainers are just to support this

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

Liesbeth may be from Krypton. :)

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink
Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/article1...

That's great but no numbers doesn't tell us much really

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

I would love to see what Sarah Backman, other arm wrestlers and rock climbers can squeeze?

Dec 23, 2023 - permalink

rock climber's grip must be hella mean

Dec 23, 2023 - edited Dec 24, 2023 - permalink

http://www.davidhorne-gripmaster.com/article1...

This article has Elizabeth Horne winning the women's division. Didn't she pinch grip 2 20 kg plates together, and hold them for a few seconds, years ago? I would hate to get pinched by her!! 😳😳😳

Dec 24, 2023 - permalink

Liesbeth, have you ever tried the one hand apple crush thing? Legit, none of the cheats. I wish I had tried it years ago, when my hands were still fairly strong. Now, in my old age with arthritis in my thumb joints, no way. I guess I could give some apple sauce a go, but that's about it. Ha!

Dec 24, 2023 - permalink

Liesbeth, have you ever tried the one hand apple crush thing? Legit, none of the cheats. I wish I had tried it years ago, when my hands were still fairly strong. Now, in my old age with arthritis in my thumb joints, no way. I guess I could give some apple sauce a go, but that's about it. Ha!

I read that it takes roughly 200 lbs of grip strength to crush an apple, legitimately. Even then, it matters on the hand size and apple size.

Dec 24, 2023 - permalink

No never tried to crush a apple with hand lol just with bicep and this is most about choose the right apple and place it correct for squeeze the weak points

but it is always funny to open bottels and glasses ( or oher things ) where the men fail

Dec 24, 2023 - permalink

No never tried to crush a apple with hand lol just with bicep and this is most about choose the right apple and place it correct for squeeze the weak points

but it is always funny to open bottels and glasses ( or oher things ) where the men fail

You're my hero lol! :)

Have a wonderful holiday!

Jan 10, 2024 - permalink

Liesbeth do you find men test your grip in handshakes once they discover your strength in other ways?

« first < prev Page 3 of 7 next > last »