Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Confessions/unpopular opinions

« first < prev Page 18 of 20 next > last »
Chainer
Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Yeah the self-censoring is useless, and caused ambiguity that could have been avoided.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Yeah the self-censoring is useless, and caused ambiguity that could have been avoided.

I think we should have fucked with him by coming up with our own guesses.

"She's a suit? You mean she went corporate?"

fp909
Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

one of my favorite breakfast stops, egg slut

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

"She's a suit? You mean she went corporate?"

This is maybe one thing I would complain about that a lot of people online do. but I have nothing against sluts or what ever his problem is.

Chainer
Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

He clearly thought it was a bad thing based on his self-censoring and the way he phrased his post so I still want to hear his explanation.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Please don't let me interrupt. I'm also interested in what people think about Serena. But I need to get this out of the way...

Yeah your comparison to computer games doesn't help your case.

What case? I now see you don't know what a simile is and how it works. This is the cause of this entire discussion. Because you don't know what a simile is, you got some vague idea that I said everything negative everyone has ever said about PED usage.

Then you did the usual Western political idiocy thing and polarized it around "PED myths" and "PED facts" and are still going on about it even though I already said I've heard those PED facts multiple times, I did not object to them and they're all irrelevant anyway. But you're going more by the feeling that you "caught" me, and some vague sense of righteousness, than by anything that's really been said.

Saying PEDs is like cheat codes comes across as dismissive to the athletes that were born to excel in that sport.

I don't cater to stupid. If you accidentally misunderstand what I said, I will do my best to politely point it out. If you insist on being stupid, then it's no more my problem. Except when you talk nonsense about what I said and didn't, but I'm powerless to stop that.

Also, you don't know what gatekeeping means. It does not mean me standing in the way of someone using PEDs. Three reasons. I did not object to anyone using PEDs. And even if I did, it would not be what gatekeeping means. And even if it did mean that, there's no way I could practically do it. Only dumb shit people think you can rule the world by talking on the Internet, or that anything here is more than private opinions. So anything said here is purely interesting because of its information content. Not its intended or unintended or imagined effect on imagined third parties. They may feel dismissed by me if they too are illiterate enough to not know what a simile is.

If I said to some bodybuilder that she is not good enough to start using roids, that would be gatekeeping. "There is a group you don't belong to, and I'm here to tell you that." If I said I dislike the idea of her using them, that would not be gatekeeping. That would be an opinion.

Gatekeeping means the posture you're taking, where you are an "insider" with all the PED facts and I'm an "outsider" with your projected PED myths, so you "need" to explain that stuff to me. It's like white knighting, except on behalf of a group or a movement instead of a woman.

Finally, you're taking your posture seriously enough to come up with mythopoetic bullshit like "born to excel in this sport". From antiquity on, sport has been synonymous with entertainment. And this form of entertainment would not exist without chemicals. So they're taking chemicals to increase their entertainment value.

It's still cheating, in the sense I used the word, "irreversibly changing the rules for yourself", which nobody has successfully disagreed with, and which did not include any kind of dismissal or moral condemnation. It's what you see in the word, and that's not my responsibility. So stop being a child whose sensibilities need protection. But now I see that there'd not even be any point in condemning anyone for increasing their entertainment value. To themselves, to their partners, to judges, to audiences.

Your moral high ground doesn't even exist. This is like I said that some of Leslie Nielsen's jokes are so exaggerated they're not even funny anymore and you went off on a "how dare you" routine. "Being a comedian is hard work and they're entitled to our laughs. Some of them were born to excel in that sport. Ever heard of a funny bone?" You're a riot and I need not take offense at all. I never denied being a comedian or being a roided bodybuilder can be hard work.

Being born with genetics that respond to pharmaceuticals invented less than a century ago sounds more like a random detail than a glorious destiny. Also, neither is there any glory or moral high ground in being an athlete. The word simply means someone who competes for a prize. So doing sports and being an athlete aren't even the same thing, strictly speaking.

Sorry, but getting drunk is also a sport because it is a form of entertainment. Some are born with better genetics for it. Some even compete on who can drink the most before passing out, so technically if they first agree on a prize they're athletes. The only difference is that no way of chemically altering the rules with alcohol has been invented. So it's a more honest sport than bodybuilding. Not saying this to belittle anyone or anything. I'm just being logical.

The reason this sounds so shocking and offensive is the belief that muscles are some kind of ultimate measure of human value and success and sexiness and fitness for reproduction. In reality it's none of these.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Confession/Unpopular opinion 1: Big fake boobs make the biceps look smaller. Confessions/unpopular opinion 2: I can't tell you otherwise 90 percent of the audience would go in a meltdown and my account would be suspended with the speed of light šŸ˜.

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Again, my man, you don't have to censor "slut" lol.

And hell, nothing wrong with being one!

I'm Just a Gigolo and Everywhere I Go people know the part I'm playing..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Kkrb4h4weW4

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

Please don't let me interrupt. I'm also interested in what people think about Serena. But I need to get this out of the way...

Wow, my guy, you wrote a short story. It appears you don't take criticism too well. I just hope you enjoy the smell of your own farts and I hope you reread your own responses so you can understand your own hypocrisy. I will say your beliefs do belong on unpopular opinions so cheers!

Mar 28, 2024 - permalink

This is not the first or the second time I say something that flies completely over someone's head, so they get some strange inferiority complex and then retaliate by gatekeeping.

I low-key wanna know how many times it has been.

(I suspect you're also keeping score on how many times you've successfully trolled a response out of someone)

Mar 30, 2024 - edited Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

I really hate when people get super religious and preachy.

Like I'm fine with someone being a devout Christian or Jew or Muslim or whatever. I'm not religious but I understand that many people are. That's all good. Bible verses or inspo in Instagram captions are fine. Being a bodybuilder and spending a good amount of time with 95% of your clothes off seems like a strange way to be modest, but god works in mysterious ways and all that. I'm not judging.

But damn, it's crazy when someone "finds Jesus" and then makes it their entire personality and just overcompensates in every way. I'm looking at you Chelsea Kline. I want to support her and I like her content, but I can't abide this confrontational nutzo preaching all the time.

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

Like I'm fine with someone being a devout Christian or Jew or Muslim or whatever. I'm not religious but I understand that many people are. That's all good. Bible verses or inspo in Instagram captions are fine. Being a bodybuilder and spending a good amount of time with 95% of your clothes off seems like a strange way to be modest, but god works in mysterious ways and all that. I'm not judging.

But damn, it's crazy when someone "finds Jesus" and then makes it their entire personality and just overcompensates in every way. I'm looking at you Chelsea Kline. I want to support her and I like her content, but I can't abide this confrontational nutzo preaching all the time.

I've heard a very similar sentiment about the same person from another certain member of this forum somewhere before......

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

While we're airing our grievances... please dear God I hope this horrendous long fingernail talons thing is just a phase that will pass soon. And the botox lips too, ugh. Ladies, y'all look great how you are, without all that crap!

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

While we're airing our grievances... please dear God I hope this horrendous long fingernail talons thing is just a phase that will pass soon. And the botox lips too, ugh. Ladies, y'all look great how you are, without all that crap!

It has been popular for about 20 years now but not really with fbbs. but these days there is more overlap with fbbs and more mainstream modeling

Mar 30, 2024 - permalink

Hate when some of these women publish entire their entire WhatsApp's conversations they got with their couples. Its real annoying, like if they be bragging...

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

I find it ironic when dudes shit talk any dude that is in a picture with a female bodybuilder, ESPECIALLY if they are muscular themselves. I'll often hear comments calling the dude a meathead or a roidhead or whatever, which is ironic because they won't say the same thing about the muscular woman (or really any muscular woman.) And, if you think about it, why would we get upset when a muscular woman likes, well, essentially the SAME body type that we are attracted to? Makes no sense to me.

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

I find it ironic when dudes shit talk any dude that is in a picture with a female bodybuilder, ESPECIALLY if they are muscular themselves. I'll often hear comments calling the dude a meathead or a roidhead or whatever, which is ironic because they won't say the same thing about the muscular woman (or really any muscular woman.) And, if you think about it, why would we get upset when a muscular woman likes, well, essentially the SAME body type that we are attracted to? Makes no sense to me.

It's not even just them being attracted to the body type. These muscular women spend hours and hours each day in the gym, and have carefully curated diets to maintain their size or leanness. Of course they're going to gravitate towards massive muscular dudes, as they're the ones who have the most in common with them and will be most compatible with their lifestyle.

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

It's not even just them being attracted to the body type. These muscular women spend hours and hours each day in the gym, and have carefully curated diets to maintain their size or leanness. Of course they're going to gravitate towards massive muscular dudes, as they're the ones who have the most in common with them and will be most compatible with their lifestyle.

Yes! Completely agree. And I think this will also be another unpopular opinion, but while I think there are muscular women who are also physically attracted to muscular men and have a preference for then, more often than not female bodybuilders/strength athletes date male bodybuilders/strength athletes more because of the lifestyle and, since they spend the majority of their time in those environments, inevitably those are the people they meet, rather than just how they look.

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

Yea but a lot of men on here want a wife that is stronger than them. only to find out the strongest woman seem to only be interested in the strongest men. it's a big disappointment and not any different from the average couple.

cgsweat
Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

Some may be surprised with the range of guys women are willing to date. Gym-goers have the largest advantage simply because it puts them right where these women spend a lot of their time, so their chances are already much higher than those who don't go at all. But that's not to say that a muscular woman is unwilling or uninterested in anyone but muscle-bound dudes. If you're not a total creep and have an interesting enough personality, that's sometimes enough to get the ball rolling. But again, you have to meet them first...

fp909
Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

i think the most important parts are:

1) don't be unattractice (this is scaling)

2) don't be weird. she's a person first obviously

like all women we get hung up on looks and maybe some of y'all are ok with less attractive women who are muscular but i feel like it's about the same kind of numbers. there area lot of looks

maybe even be patient. one of the funny things i remmber from when i ran girlstrong on IG was that i would totally ignore women who worked hard but wrerent muscular but 3-4 years later they looked really really good. maybe there's someone in your gym you think is attractive but isn't in the best shape but is WORKING. i think this gets overlooked, and this is my unpopular opinion.

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

Yea but a lot of men on here want a wife that is stronger than them. only to find out the strongest woman seem to only be interested in the strongest men. it's a big disappointment and not any different from the average couple.

From my actual experience with women who are involved in strength sports, the majority of them don't care if they are stronger and more fit than a significant other (and they certainly don't care about dating the strongest men.) They do want someone who at least has a commitment to staying fit and living a healthy lifestyle.

Apr 05, 2024 - permalink

i think the most important parts are:

1) don't be unattractice (this is scaling)

2) don't be weird. she's a person first obviously

like all women we get hung up on looks and maybe some of y'all are ok with less attractive women who are muscular but i feel like it's about the same kind of numbers. there area lot of looks

maybe even be patient. one of the funny things i remmber from when i ran girlstrong on IG was that i would totally ignore women who worked hard but wrerent muscular but 3-4 years later they looked really really good. maybe there's someone in your gym you think is attractive but isn't in the best shape but is WORKING. i think this gets overlooked, and this is my unpopular opinion.

very reasonable

Apr 06, 2024 - permalink

Yeah, even though I find virtually all religions to be absurd, people with emotional trauma seem to immensely benefit from their faith. This is why I donā€™t bother arguing about religion with believers provided that they arenā€™t foul theocrats, or actively harming or scamming other people. However, the incessant preaching does get tiresome.

Apr 06, 2024 - permalink

Yeah, even though I find virtually all religions to be absurd

The three etymologies I've heard for the Latin 'religio' mean renewed adherence to something, continuous study of something and continued devotion to something. That idea by itself sounds good to me. The thing that varies is the object of adherence or study.

If it is to become a better person then three groups would object. Those who don't believe in the possibility at all or believe all change or self-improvement is a scam and we're all unchangeable. Those who don't want to be better or different persons, because it's them versus the world, and they always naturally take their own side. Finally those who for some other reason hate hearing about it. "I love religion. I just can't stand religious people. We're all perfect in our own way."

There are many who would insist that the difference between a religion and a faith is night and day. Those who believe in religion define faith as the body of knowledge the religion is based on. Those who dislike the idea of religion define faith as an idea or ideology of liberation or happiness or good feelings or inclusion or self-expression. Don't slavishly follow some path or try to earn the right to exist. Just be yourself and be happy.

Don't slavishly go to gym and practice social skills. Expect to be accepted as you are.

I think people here object to the overcompensation, not religion per se.

« first < prev Page 18 of 20 next > last »