Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

2022 Ms Olympia

Aug 23, 2022 - permalink

Here's a list of women who qualify so far.

I can see Andrea Shaw taking a third win, but who do you think will be her toughest competition?

cgsweat
Aug 24, 2022 - permalink

I can see Andrea Shaw taking a third win, but who do you think will be her toughest competition?

Only herself. The only way she doesn't win is if she doesn't bring a winning package. She knows how to do that already and from what I've seen of the other women on the list... they just aren't in her league yet.

Margie Martin might give her a run for her money, but if she's gonna win an Olympia then she needs to do it very soon. She's only getting older.

The others just lack some crucial component, either conditioning, size, symmetry, or well-roundedness in their physique.

Aug 24, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Aug 24, 2022 - permalink

Andrea will definitely pick up her third win. Stephanie Flesher is looking crazy big at nearly 200 lbs but she’s still got to qualify. Michaela could be in the top 3.

Aug 24, 2022 - permalink

Chelsea Dion looked excellent in Tampa and the show is in her backyard in Las Vegas she is someone to keep an eye on

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I want Michaela in the Top 5 at the very least

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

If Andrea Shaw brings in the same level as last year, nobody on this list could even touch her.

With that being said, Angela Yeo and Michaela Aycock are solid outsiders.

In my mind Aycock has the best double biceps pose by far, and Angela the most aesthetic pec insertions.

But Andrea is the most complete, she is the total package

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

But Andrea is the most complete, she is the total package

Andrea's probably going to look the best she ever has this year. At this point, all she's doing is fine-tuning what she's got.

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

Unfortunately, nobody can beat Andrea. The most interesting competition will be in the remaining four spots on the podium. It's going to be a point-to-point fight between different body types like Angela Yeo, Chelsea Dion, Margie Martin, Michaela Aycock and, hopefully, Sherry Priami.

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I think yall are forgetting about Leyvina Barros. Definitely a dark horse candidate imo

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I think Michaela is 2nd.

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I think Michaela is 2nd.

Call me crazy, but I've got her third. I can see Angela snatching second place.

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

I bet my money on Andrea.

fp909
Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

Michaela picked up big gains on her lower body but i could definitely see her calves still being a sticky point for the judges. the flow of her look is great until her knees and then it gets interrupted. Her conditioning is always on point and as mentioned her back double and front double are probably the best in the bunch. I would be SHOCKED if Michaela placed second.

Yeo is my dark horse to podium. Overall she has a great package that doesn't have something that I would say "tears her down" in terms of points. Maybe the "least good" point is her biceps but they're not mediocre. If she comes in conditioned like her last show I think she has something cooking.

Chelsea Dion IMO will have a make or break in conditioning although already the difference between this and last year is pretty stark.

Aug 25, 2022 - permalink

Michaela is 2-5 placing material with the below the knees as her weakness. If her coach can impress that upon her then there is still time to make improvements.

Helle Travino should be Top 3. Don't overlook Branka around 4-6 placing but she may lack the overall thickness to go any higher.

fp909
Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

Branca is interesting cuz she was sick recently and I wonder if that might have any effect on this but really don’t think she has the size but I’ve never seen her next to any of these women

I would hope judges wouldn’t hold Michaela’s calves against her. She’s doing more than the best with what she has. But judging is judging and after seeing how they marked down Dani Reardon years ago for “being too muscular” when it was really a combo of her size and frame I wouldn’t put it past one of them to maybe be a little over harsh

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

I hope that Mona Poursaleh qualifies for the show. She placed fourth in 2021 but I think she'll be hard pressed to repeat that. Does anyone know when her next show is?

fp909
Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

Mona auto qualified becuase she placed last year. Just very quiet. She’s prepping now for the O

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

Mona auto qualified becuase she placed last year. Just very quiet. She’s prepping now for the O

Thank you!

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

I’ll be shocked if Andrea doesn’t win her third Olympia. Next to Andrea, though, I think Angela arguably has the best balanced and most aesthetic physique.

Aug 26, 2022 - permalink

Lots of sexy beef this year - hope the trend continues. Wish there was more from Europe

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

Nadia is lookin huge. if she nails conditioning with that improved size top 3.

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

No one said about kristina Nicole, isn't she not competing?

Aug 27, 2022 - permalink

No one said about kristina Nicole, isn't she not competing?

She hasn’t qualified nor has she even competed yet this year.

« first < prev Page 1 of 9 next > last »