For me it was when I hit puberty at 11.

[deleted]
Oct 27, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
Oct 27, 2023 - permalink

For me it was when I hit puberty at 11.

Exactly the same age as me

Oct 27, 2023 - edited Oct 28, 2023 - permalink

I didn't have any exposure at all to muscular females until my late teens, when I first saw some competitive female bodybuilding on Eurosport. This would have been in the late 90s. I remember Marja Lehtonen competing and there was also a really beautiful Australian lady, Pina Theodoridis who competed in figure. I recall her very distinctly.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=zUSpp3uVmUw

There was another Australian lady competing perhaps in physique or equivalent but even though I thought she looked absolutely stunning I cannot remember her name. Again this was mid to late 90s. Would love if anyone knew of her? She definately featured on the same shows on Eurosport if not the same class/division.

I knew in seeing those women that I was very attracted to them, and used to record the shows. But the exposure was sparse and there were no magazines that I was aware of either. I wouldn't have had the courage to buy them if I knew of their existence or availability.

There didn't seem to be a lot of content available online, that I knew of, in the early days of the internet. For me it wasn't until HBC came along in 2005 that things began to really change. The idea of being able to see a female bodybuilder or other muscled female live on webcam and being able to interact and make requests, was just amazing to me at the time. Ladies like Gina Farnsworth and Catherine Holland were simply legends to me back then.

EDIT: The other Australian competitor was Diane Jardim. Seems like my brain worked overtime subconsciously to recall! She also competed in figure, though it seemed to me at the time these ladies were bigger than that, and I wasn't familiar with the distinction between the classes. Pina and Diane stood out for me back then.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t391-K9l-Uw

Nov 05, 2023 - permalink

When I was 11 or 12 I moved to a new school and skipped a grade which makes me the youngest in my class. Also my height developed later i guess cause some photo from that time shows most ppl from my class were couple inches taller than me. I never really felt this height difference until one day I stood near a relatively big girl in my class really close face to face by accident.. I realized that my eyes were just over her breast.. nothing really happened but it left me an impression that this girl could eat me alive.. and for the whole time I really miss that moment because my body started to develop really quickly since then. I remember last time I saw that girl she was just over my shoulder.

Jan 10, 2024 - permalink

Two events-- Esquire July 1975, the "Viva Machisma!" pictorial. I've never been able to find it since, and I don't remember her name, but I remember the first female bodybuilder I saw. I was 11.

And of course, that episode of Real People on NBC, featuring Laura Combes!

I remember watching that also and being completely fascinated by her body, especially those arms. I had never seen anything like it.

[deleted]
Jan 11, 2024 - permalink

I remember being 13 and seeing a female bodybuilder on tv. I was hooked afterwards.

Jan 11, 2024 - permalink

The Jenny Jones "I'm too buff to get a date" episodes with Collette Nelson, etc.

I was baffled. "Why can't they get dates?"

Jan 12, 2024 - edited Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

The Jenny Jones "I'm too buff to get a date" episodes with Collette Nelson, etc.

I was baffled. "Why can't they get dates?"

The ones with jasmine jones and Tyra Risby were my favorite

Jan 12, 2024 - edited Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

10 years old when watching Louis throux docu at 2001

Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

Early teens years in the 90s; once I purchased my first flex magazine, I was hooked

Jan 14, 2024 - permalink

About 10 years old reading bodybuilding mags in the newsagents.

Jan 20, 2024 - permalink

I was probably around 15 when I started noticing women like Raye Hollitt (in the movie Skin Deep and of course the show American Gladiators). Then a few years later I started spending way too much money on those WPW and Ray Martin videos, but FUCK. I went through cases of Kleenex watching women like Michele Maroldo and Suzan Kaminga flex. And even today my soul definitely still belongs to these muscle goddesses.

Jan 20, 2024 - permalink

Must be somewhere between 10 and 12. Women bodybuilding show on TV. I was fascinated and (now I realise) turned on by them.

6 days ago - permalink

Must be somewhere between 16-17. If i remember correctly, Nikki Fuller was my first fbb crush

6 days ago - permalink
Deleted by quintus
6 days ago - permalink

Must be somewhere between 16-17. If i remember correctly, Nikki Fuller was my first fbb crush

Nikki could take anyone's soul....a big girl and a favorite of mine.

5 days ago - permalink

Fantastic taste at such an age

5 days ago - permalink

I was watching a Deutch child's series on TV some evening a week while I was 9 or 10 years old ( named Pipi Longstocking).I had drawn my attention that Pipi ( a girl with red hair) lifted a car( this car may be 1960 model) I remember enjoying she was very strenght ( because she was a little girl and lifted a car)

5 days ago - permalink

I was watching a Deutch child's series on TV some evening a week while I was 9 or 10 years old ( named Pipi Longstocking).I had drawn my attention that Pipi ( a girl with red hair) lifted a car( this car may be 1960 model) I remember enjoying she was very strenght ( because she was a little girl and lifted a car)

It was Swedish

5 days ago - permalink

I must have been about 8 or so...maybe as old as 10.

5 days ago - permalink

It was Swedish

Yep! Pippi Långstrump. V nostalgic

5 days ago - permalink

Whenever I hit puberty, which was somewhere around the turn of the century. I had female muscle influences before, but Chyna is what “took my soul”. It went from watching wrestling just for her (I can’t even begin to explain how uninterested I was in pro wrestling in general, even as a kid), which I could do guilt free with family members around because I was just watching wrestling, to stealing off to the family computer to look for pictures of her. I remember it was an Angelfire site that I went to most and I’d just go through all the pics on the site. It was definitely a “soul stealing” thing though because nothing made me more excited to go off to the family computer to do that and I did it every chance I got.

And then from there, shortly after I was just looking at pictures of Chyna, it just went to female bodybuilders. It was pre-Youtube so I mostly just knew to look for pics, and the sites I remember going to most were the FTvideo sample page and AMG-lite. Developed like an encyclopedic knowledge of female bodybuilders pretty quickly. I was always into lists and rankings about a lot of different things like sports and movies and stuff, and would also do stuff like rank my favorite female bodybuilders as well (although of course always keep it to myself). Definitely think that’s the biggest sign of it taking my soul when it essentially became a hobby. Vividly remember having a “big 3” of Marja Lehtonen, Elena Seiple and Gina Davis early on.

5 days ago - permalink

Chyna appeared on the scene when I was about 30 or maybe even 40. There were muscular, fit women a long time before Chyna...but then, she was on TV and as kids we didn't have such tech.

« first < prev Page 8 of 9 next > last »