Forum > Image Themes > Thread

Pro Wrestlers

« first < prev Page 11 of 13 next > last »
Jul 18, 2022 - permalink

The NXT Women's division is (to me) the fittest it's ever been muscle-wise, and there is going to be PLENTY of it in display as there will be a 20-Woman Battle Royal this Tuesday to determine Mandy Rose's next challenger for the NXT Women's Championship. There's a LOT of ways they can go with this and I'm personally intrigued at how this ends up.

Aug 09, 2022 - permalink

I know there are more muscular women than ever before in the world of pro wrestling, but when it comes to that balance of Hollywood looks and a solid muscle build, to me, Mandy Rose has the best combination since Trish Stratus in her prime.

Aug 09, 2022 - permalink

Mandy's way better than Trish.

Aug 09, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by Crono
Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

Love to see Tiffany Stratton get the NXT Women’s Championship soon, Mandy had a great run as Champ.

Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

Love to see Tiffany Stratton get the NXT Women’s Championship soon, Mandy had a great run as Champ.

I prefer Zoey Stark but Stratton is surprisingly really good in the ring.

Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

I haven't watched wrestling in about 20 years. How does the women's division compare today? Is it better or worse?

It’s in much better hands now since they’ve been hiring actual wrestlers and athletes rather than lingerie models. Thank God Johnny Ace is out of the picture.

Aug 12, 2022 - permalink

It’s in much better hands now since they’ve been hiring actual wrestlers and athletes rather than lingerie models. Thank God Johnny Ace is out of the picture.

Same here. Johnny "People Power" Ace was toxic to the women's division.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

I still have nightmares about the Age Of Sable -- women wrestled once a month, if at all, and women of real talent (like Luna Vachon and Jackie Moore) were forced to job to a no-talent stripper. Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

I still have nightmares about the Age Of Sable -- women wrestled once a month, if at all, and women of real talent (like Luna Vachon and Jackie Moore) were forced to job to a no-talent stripper. Not that I'm bitter, or anything.

Let me put it to you this way. There's a reason why NONE of today's female wrestlers cite Sable as any of their inspirations. Not Becky Lynch, not Britt Baker, not Alexa Bliss, not Kris Statlander, not Charlotte Flair, not Thunder Rosa, not Bayley, not Jade Cargill. Not even wrestlers that are still pretty green like Anna Jay or Cora Jade or wrestlers with pretty bad heat like Tessa Blanchard. Sable was only famous for one thing and that's giving men in their teens boners and teaching them how to wank one out.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Let me put it to you this way. There's a reason why NONE of today's female wrestlers cite Sable as any of their inspirations. Not Becky Lynch, not Britt Baker, not Alexa Bliss, not Kris Statlander, not Charlotte Flair, not Thunder Rosa, not Bayley, not Jade Cargill. Not even wrestlers that are still pretty green like Anna Jay or Cora Jade or wrestlers with pretty bad heat like Tessa Blanchard. Sable was only famous for one thing and that's giving men in their teens boners and teaching them how to wank one out.

Absolutely 💯. To me personally Sable was a disgrace to the wrestling industry. She offered nothing to wrestling except for, just like you said, giving men in their teens boners and teaching them how to wank one out. Chyna and other women wrestlers of that era were inspiring.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Absolutely 💯. To me personally Sable was a disgrace to the wrestling industry. She offered nothing to wrestling except for, just like you said, giving men in their teens boners and teaching them how to wank one out. Chyna and other women wrestlers of that era were inspiring.

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I don't rate Chyna much better than Rena Mero. I look back on her as "Sable With Muscles" who did not much better to advance the other female wrestlers. She was put over by better male and female wrestlers whereas it fell on the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita, Ivory, Jacqueline, Victoria, and Jazz to stand up for female wrestling such as it was in the Attitude Era. A shame that ECW's Trinity (Stephanie Finochio) wasn't brought over to the WWF.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

This is probably an unpopular opinion but I don't rate Chyna much better than Rena Mero. I look back on her as "Sable With Muscles" who did not much better to advance the other female wrestlers. She was put over by better male and female wrestlers whereas it fell on the likes of Trish Stratus, Lita, Ivory, Jacqueline, Victoria, and Jazz to stand up for female wrestling such as it was in the Attitude Era. A shame that ECW's Trinity (Stephanie Finochio) wasn't brought over to the WWF.

Really I always thought Reno Mero needed more helped than Chyna did. To me Chyna and other women of the attitude era were the real deal. Women wrestlers still idolize Chyna to this day. People like Trish Stratus, Lita, Jacqueline, Jazz, and more were idolized by future female wrestlers.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Re-watching old Chyna matches, you can really see how much the men were obviously pulling their punches with her. I always thought she should have stayed in the women's ranks instead of constant mixed matches.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

I loved Chyna's hedonism bikini video.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Re-watching old Chyna matches, you can really see how much the men were obviously pulling their punches with her. I always thought she should have stayed in the women's ranks instead of constant mixed matches.

A better version of a pro wrestling bodybuilder, I felt, was Terri Power from the LPWA. Unfortunately, she downsized and was given lackluster treatment as Tori in the WWF.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

A better version of a pro wrestling bodybuilder, I felt, was Terri Power from the LPWA. Unfortunately, she downsized and was given lackluster treatment as Tori in the WWF.

It's really a pity Reggie Bennet retired without ever working for a major fed. Of course, considering what WWE/WWF was like then, perhaps that's a good thing.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

^ Hear, hear. They may have made her Bertha Faye version 2.0.

Aug 16, 2022 - permalink

Chyna was an example of right place right time. She was an attraction which is what WWE has always been more interested in than being a good wrestler. But in the ring, she wasn't anything special.

Aug 17, 2022 - permalink

Chyna had a unique look, but that fact that she was in the klique helped more than anything compared to other bodybuilder types. She all but disappeared when HHH broke up with her and started dating Steph.

Aug 17, 2022 - permalink

Trinity did end up on the WWECW show, for what it's worth. Now that I think about it, I don't even think she had any matches, and instead was relegated to skits like Extreme Poker. To be fair, she did pec bounce quite often in that skit...

« first < prev Page 11 of 13 next > last »