Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

dating - where to find FBBS

C87
Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

I live in a small city in the UK with only 40-50k people. But I live along the road from a crossfit gym, the entrance is down the back of small shops off the main road but it is so busy. The people going there do their warm down running along my street and omg there are some insane women at that gym 😳 all ages, from low body fat ripped women to curvy but toned goddesses.

Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

I live in a small city in the UK with only 40-50k people. But I live along the road from a crossfit gym, the entrance is down the back of small shops off the main road but it is so busy. The people going there do their warm down running along my street and omg there are some insane women at that gym 😳 all ages, from low body fat ripped women to curvy but toned goddesses.

Looks like you need to start doing some CrossFit!

Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

Gatsby is spot on.

Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

I saw an athletic babe in a Trader Joe's Monday. She was in line when I came in, enthusiastically telling the cashier about some TikTok challenge. I bet he was hitting on her. She looked like the bartender who armwrestled a patron -- blonde, deep tan -- and dressed as if she had just finished a workout.

Aug 10, 2022 - permalink

Join a local gym and start from there. Maybe there won't be any serious FBB contenders but there are a LOT of buff and fitness minded ladies who workout regularly. The trick is to find one who is single and near your age group.

Aug 10, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Aug 11, 2022 - edited Aug 11, 2022 - permalink

Me and my wife we both live in Las Vegas and see so many FBB's every once in a while when we workout at a local gym. Take it they are amateurs but they are big FBB's. But we used to live in Chicago and we've seen many FBB's at local gyms there as well. Only the major cities that we've been visiting as well have a lot of FBB's there. I doubt that Lincoln, Nebraska has a big variety of FBB's. Being so close to farmland from the Midwest.

Not to be a jerk or anything but dating an FBB sometimes means that you need to look the part of a bodybuilder as well. Plus know how to approach an FBB and learn how to talk to them.

Aug 11, 2022 - permalink

Gotta tell ya honestly, it's really not that difficult to meet, talk to and eventually date, if they're single, (and sometimes even when they're not) if you bodybuild and/or are fit yourself. If it's more than a hobby and you make it your way of life, with the eating, training and supplementation and you're seen in the gym quite often you don't even have to make the first move....

When I was younger I played a lot of team sports and was fit but not overly muscular. I always admired fit women, and when I dated, it was only kind of women, but there weren't many I dated. Wasn't in the gym so I didn't meet a lot and I guess my physique just wasn't there yet... When I hit my 30's I started to embrace bodybuilding as a way of life and was in gyms all the time and as my physique grew and improved so did my number of encounters with fit, muscular women.

There's a lot of hard work and dedication, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and as hard as it is, to me, it's the easiest way to meet beautiful women.

Aug 11, 2022 - permalink

Gotta tell ya honestly, it's really not that difficult to meet, talk to and eventually date, if they're single, (and sometimes even when they're not) if you bodybuild and/or are fit yourself. If it's more than a hobby and you make it your way of life, with the eating, training and supplementation and you're seen in the gym quite often you don't even have to make the first move....

When I was younger I played a lot of team sports and was fit but not overly muscular. I always admired fit women, and when I dated, it was only kind of women, but there weren't many I dated. Wasn't in the gym so I didn't meet a lot and I guess my physique just wasn't there yet... When I hit my 30's I started to embrace bodybuilding as a way of life and was in gyms all the time and as my physique grew and improved so did my number of encounters with fit, muscular women.

There's a lot of hard work and dedication, but I thoroughly enjoy it, and as hard as it is, to me, it's the easiest way to meet beautiful women.

That’s the truth.

“Everybody wanna date a muscular woman, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!” - Ronnie Coleman, probably.

And for those of you who are saying “I don’t lift because I would get stronger than women who lift, and my fantasy is to be weaker than them!”, that’s a bunch of nonsense. That’s like saying you don’t want to play pickup ball with your buddies because you might end up in the NBA. Even if you start lifting, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be stronger than the ladies you admire.

And before someone inevitably posts a pic of a buff woman with a much smaller, unfit guy: they are the exception, not the norm. Chances are you won’t be the exception either.

Aug 11, 2022 - permalink

That’s the truth.

“Everybody wanna date a muscular woman, but nobody wanna lift no heavy ass weight!” - Ronnie Coleman, probably.

And for those of you who are saying “I don’t lift because I would get stronger than women who lift, and my fantasy is to be weaker than them!”, that’s a bunch of nonsense. That’s like saying you don’t want to play pickup ball with your buddies because you might end up in the NBA. Even if you start lifting, there’s no guarantee that you’ll be stronger than the ladies you admire.

And before someone inevitably posts a pic of a buff woman with a much smaller, unfit guy: they are the exception, not the norm. Chances are you won’t be the exception either.

Troof. And I think that many of those couples (big girl, smaller guy) are long-term relationships where both partners met before she got serious about BB'ing. Angela Yeo and Abi Jimenez come to mind.

Aug 11, 2022 - permalink

From personal experience, a mate who is serious about keeping in shape, will usually expect a similar commitment and self fitness desire from you. If you are a decision maker, yet very personable and a great listener / empathetic listener, this may be a path to dating without being as committed as her to fitness.

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Well look I've never met a girl in gym whose been up for any fun...so to speak abd I love fbbs...

So apart from joining classes at gym I wanna know how a guys gets one? I see so many beauties here on GWM website...its both brilliant but depressing...

Aug 15, 2022 - permalink

Well look I've never met a girl in gym whose been up for any fun...so to speak abd I love fbbs...

So apart from joining classes at gym I wanna know how a guys gets one? I see so many beauties here on GWM website...its both brilliant but depressing...

Mate, I don't know where you live in the UK but you may have many chances to meet some next month at the Arnold Classic UK. It will take place in Birmingham and the cheapest tickets are under 30 quids. Hope you could make it there.

Aug 30, 2022 - edited Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Dude, that’s because no woman who is focused on her training is going to be enamored by some random schlub who approaches them showing no interest in anything about said woman except for the fact that she has muscle and be like “wow, sure, let’s shag simply because you have a pulse. This is going to sound harsh, but you’re coming across as the type of schmoe that female bodybuilders and fit, muscular women despise in that you are still, despite getting some pretty good advice from people on this forum, treating them like fetish dispensers in your motivations to meeting them in-person. I don’t know you personally, but that is the impression that you have been given with your multiple posts asking the same thing while disregarding the advice that you are receiving simply because you either don’t want to acknowledge it, or you simply don’t want to put the effort to do it.

Stop acting like such a schmoe in complaining that you never met a girl in a gym who is up for fun. You love fbbs? Great, what else do you have to offer them? Again, like I and other posters have said repeatedly (though I am pretty sure this will fall on deaf ears) you’re not going to have success approaching a random woman in the middle of her workout in a big box, major chain gym. You need to join a smaller, boutique gym like a CrossFit or Powerlifting or Olympic lifting gym that fosters a community atmosphere. And when you do that, you need to network and make friends with BOTH the men AND the women there. Don’t immediately act like a creepy loser by hitting on the woman with the most muscle, and when she turns you down you go to the next one. Don’t expect instant results: this is going to take months, or even a year +, but that is how you meet fit people, and eventually find a partner. And for God’s sake, when you do finally meet someone who you could potentially start something with, don’t act like a complete goddamn schmoe (I peeped at your image comments, and honestly most of them are straight up cringe. Do not say those things if you ever meet a muscular woman in real life.)

And along with doing that, go to conventions, expos and competitions. You need to go where the fit people are, AND you need to fit the part to. You’re going to stand out in the worst of ways if you go to an expo completely out of shape and start trying to flirt with the fit women there. From what it sounds like you are currently doing, the most effort you are putting in is dicking around in a big box gym and complaining that nothing is working.

Put in the effort dude. Maybe even take a break from here if it’s getting you down.

fp909
Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but, as the joke goes, the first step to talking to women is be good looking. some of this stuff you can't change. your body, yes, for sure. that you can work on and that can be really helpful.

however, it's better to be a little realistic about your outlook, depending on the woman.

i have seen plenty of girls at my new gym over the last eight months. I have tried to talk to one or two with little success--not even schmoe stuff, just maybe letting them know they had a good lift on a squat or something, or in one case since I've been there long enough seeing one girl go through some nice progress. i've even had to ask to work in on a couple of things for time reasons, but none of them have really acknowledged me since, except fr the progress one.

they definitely talk to other guys there but they're all better looking than I. it is what it is. even if those guys aren't interested.

i will echo gatsby's statement about talking to EVERYONE though. targeting the women and not really being friendly with the men or doing the bare minimum (or maybe like always asking a girl to spot you when there are guys closer and stronger to help) is weird. being normal with everyone goes a long way. that, and doing the work while you're there, will be way more organic and look far less like you signed up to cruise the place

cgsweat
Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but, as the joke goes, the first step to talking to women is be good looking.

Being good looking helps, but I think the point is to appear attractive to her. A great personality can make up for what you might be lacking in looks. But different women are also attracted to different things. A great personality to one woman might include being humorous, and to another woman she might enjoy heavy amounts of sarcasm. But I think one thing most women can agree on (not just FBB's) is that being sought after for just their body is a turnoff (such as how the average schmoe acts).

e.g. Approaching her and your opening line is "Hey, I think you're hot." facepalm

Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Great comments, Gatsby28, fp909, and cgsweat. In addition to what I've written previously, and the preceding excellent advice, there is this: if you aren't a super handsome man, there are a good number of fit to very fit ladies out there who are average to below average in facial beauty. You should shoot for the stars by all means, but be realistic and be ready to compromise.

Aug 30, 2022 - edited Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Just talk to a muscular woman the same way as a regular woman. "Hi, you seem like an interesting and amazing woman, I would love to get to know you. I'm insert name, what's your name?....Nice to meet you. Here's my number, if you're interested I would love to go out for lunch sometime."

Maintaining eye contact and good posture helps.

If you're at the gym, wait until she finishes her sets.

fp909
Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Being good looking helps, but I think the point is to appear attractive to her. A great personality can make up for what you might be lacking in looks. But different women are also attracted to different things. A great personality to one woman might include being humorous, and to another woman she might enjoy heavy amounts of sarcasm. But I think one thing most women can agree on (not just FBB's) is that being sought after for just their body is a turnoff (such as how the average schmoe acts).

e.g. Approaching her and your opening line is "Hey, I think you're hot." facepalm

agreed, but even before your first interaction she may or may not have decided to talk to you based on first visual impressions. i think most women are more receptive then not ESPECIALLY IF THEY'RE NOT IN THE MIDDLE OF A SET.

i think we've all seen pretty average people be "enhanced" by going to the gym. not just their physique, but some kind of get better looking because they may lose some facial fat and the features are more pronounced. one of my favorite things about seeing dramatic weight-loss stories is how people, when overweight, can look incredible similar because of the fat distorting features. then the weightlost reveals the details underneath.

so working out and eating right can go a long way for most of us, not in terms of getting a girl, but mostly in terms of approaching them/being approachable. past that it's up to you

Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

i hate to be the bearer of bad news but, as the joke goes, the first step to talking to women is be good looking. some of this stuff you can't change. your body, yes, for sure. that you can work on and that can be really helpful.

however, it's better to be a little realistic about your outlook, depending on the woman.

i have seen plenty of girls at my new gym over the last eight months. I have tried to talk to one or two with little success--not even schmoe stuff, just maybe letting them know they had a good lift on a squat or something, or in one case since I've been there long enough seeing one girl go through some nice progress. i've even had to ask to work in on a couple of things for time reasons, but none of them have really acknowledged me since, except fr the progress one.

they definitely talk to other guys there but they're all better looking than I. it is what it is. even if those guys aren't interested.

I mean, when it comes to facial beauty, it can make an impact, but it’s not a be all end all. Look at Steve Kuclo. Dude constantly cheats on the women he is with, then gets in a relationship with said mistress then cheats on her, and his face makes him look like a fucking frog lol. I see a lot of dudes who aren’t the best looking that do fine (albeit they are fit, which goes back to what I’ve been saying throughout this thread)

Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Just talk to a muscular woman the same way as a regular woman. "Hi, you seem like an interesting and amazing woman, I would love to get to know you. I'm insert name, what's your name?....Nice to meet you. Here's my number, if you're interested I would love to go out for lunch sometime."

Maintaining eye contact and good posture helps.

If you're at the gym, wait until she finishes her sets.

I feel like, over the reactions they get from society, they'd be more cautious over these, also dont think that works in every normal woman.

Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Join a local gym and start from there. Maybe there won't be any serious FBB contenders but there are a LOT of buff and fitness minded ladies who workout regularly. The trick is to find one who is single and near your age group.

thats not gonna happen in many counties my dude. Women hitting the gym will be there, but just the ones that want to look good mostly

fp909
Aug 30, 2022 - permalink

Some of y’all need to lower your expectations in what you want to find.

The percentage of women that truly workout is low.

Only a percentage of those are bodybuilders.

A small percentage of those date outside of bodybuilding circles.

Depending on where you are you might have to be content with wome that go to the gym 3-4 times a week to lift weights

Aug 31, 2022 - edited Aug 31, 2022 - permalink

Depending on where you are you might have to be content with wome that go to the gym 3-4 times a week to lift weights

I go to a big box gym here called Goodlife Fitness (you'll see some pics of Canadian girls on GWM at those gyms) but it's so freaking rare to find a fit woman (let alone a competitor) at the local one i go to. Like once every month if I'm lucky. And I live in a fairly populated area. It's extremely rare.

When I was at another location from that same chain I did see Alicia Bell twice. Once off season, and once in full competition shredded physique.

Beyond that though it's hard to even find an everyday buff woman. Visiting these sites can really warp your expectations, cause even if you live in massive city and go to a bunch of gyms they're not that common.

Aug 31, 2022 - permalink

Depending on where you are you might have to be content with women that go to the gym 3-4 times a week to lift weights

I think it's also important to take a moment to define what "fit" truly is.

Like nubreed says, sites like this (along with algorithms on social media sites) can warp our expectations on what we consider fit and muscular. Speaking as an American and living in a country where the majority of the population is overweight and obese, while fit women are the minority, there are more of them when you re-evaluate what "fit" is. Obviously, women like the ones featured here on GWM are the minority of a minority of a minority, but if you expand your definition of fit, you'll have a much easier time finding one to be with.

And honestly, breaks help. If you find yourself frustrated and feeling like your fetish is consuming too much of your time, having a reset will do wonders for your mental health.

« first < prev Page 4 of 8 next > last »