Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

IS this a fetish site... or not?

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

jturco22,

thats the thing.. Im quite sure its a woman.. plays the victim saying we are “attacking the messenger”..but apparently she’s the one doing the namecalling!

while I don’t necessarily dig the “domination”/“feet” aspect of the comments, unless the site specifically bans it, I support its right to exist!

also, in the original post, one of the examples of “perverse”comments,, is “Strong!”

really!?!?! Strong????

gonna disagree there... but thats 1000% more of a compliment than “perverse”

Mar 12, 2021 - edited Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I 100% agree with you regarding the comments. If it were up to me, I'd completely remove the comment section as it literally adds no value whatsoever. If anything, it actually detracts from the site, as I'm sure some of the creepy comments is one of many reasons women ask to be removed.

If you want to solve the problem of women requesting their profiles to be deleted, you have to transform this website into something they want to be apart of. Something they would be proud of, something they wouldn't mind employers, friends, family seeing. To accomplish that, I would suggest something along the lines of Sherdog.com (https://www.sherdog.com/fighter/Khabib-Nurmag...) except for female bodybuilders, powerlifters, etc. Where their profiles are a record of their accomplishments, best lifts, contest placements, bio when possible, etc. In addition to the pictures. That along with removing comments would make the site more professional and significantly decrease the amount of women who don't want to be associated with it.

Of course, there are other reasons women ask to be removed, but the comment section is definitely one of them. And at what benefit? So we can spam 3 word replies over and over?

Even as a fan, it serves me no value to read the comments. They're dry, repetitive, and occasionally get very creepy. What do we need it for when we have the forum for actual convo?

But, that's all off topic.

Is this a fetish site? If we're being honest, the obvious answer is yes. While I would do things differently, I can't really be mad that a fetish site is being setup to cater to fetish. It's the point of the site.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

jturco22,

thats the thing.. Im quite sure its a woman.. plays the victim saying we are “attacking the messenger”..but apparently she’s the one doing the namecalling!

while I don’t necessarily dig the “domination”/“feet” aspect of the comments, unless the site specifically bans it, I support its right to exist!

also, in the original post, one of the examples of “perverse”comments,, is “Strong!”

really!?!?! Strong????

gonna disagree there... but thats 1000% more of a compliment than “perverse”

That's not what he said though. He said that was an example of pedestrian and repetitive comments. Regardless of what you think about him, you have to agree that he's right in that regard.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

ed-pty - I didn't think it was possible to be wrong on so many fronts and in one post, no less.

1. "I'm pointing out what you are trying to say is pointless". I'm not "saying" anything. I'm asking. I'm try to determine a consensus. If enough silent members agree with that I can espousing then perhaps they'll be more proactive with the Admins and Mods to curtail perverse conversation in favor of more constructive posts.

2. "what members do here is really their business regardless of whether there is an exchange of ideas or not". Wrong again. The tone and content are largely set by the Admins and Mods who can choose which conversations to promote and which to discourage. So far, the Admins have been silent on my question.

3. "are you suggesting that we should police/censor these things". No. I'm saying that the Admins need to be clear as to what audience they want to attract and maintain on their site. I suspect that MANY more registered users are interested in taking the site toward non-schmoe content. That's why I've posted here in the first place.

4. "if their comments are sexual in nature.. should they also be censored, deleted or banned". Well yeah. Duh! In most cases they ARE banned or deleted. For example, I frequent FlexOnline. Lewd, schmoe-oriented content is routinely banned on that site. Admins on that site are CLEAR in their commitment to avoid having that site turn into something like GWM.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

...and

5.  No... I'm not a woman.  Good grief, man.  Are you ever right about anything?
Mar 12, 2021 - edited Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Well this isnt FlexOnline and it sounds like you have your community over there who thinks like you and you should stay over there. Maybe this community doesn't want to conform to whatever nebulous idea of a "good comment" is. You created this spoof account so nobody has any idea what you comment or post and so cant have a benchmark on what you consider to "good" or "bad".

I can see the benefits of eliminating the comment section entirely but it's kind of a big part of this site and has been here the whole time. It would be like removing the half time show at the superbowl, sure the game would go on but...wouldn't be the same. Also like the halftime show almost everyone ignores it some find it entertaining but theres always one annoying idiotic uncle who wont STFU about "this is all crap this isnt enterainment!"

It sounds like this is all going in circles now. You made your case and it comes down to what the mods think and judging by their moderation history you aren't likely getting your way. You'll just have to go back to appreciating muscle in a totally not schmoe way. Try ignoring the comments by not scrolling past the muscular woman you're definitely not jerking off to because you arent a schmoe...just a guy who appreciates muscles on women.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by PineappleRag
Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Diggity_Dave - look Dude. I didn't exactly call you out for being perverse or a schmoe. You pretty much did that all by yourself. If lambasting me makes you feel better about your perversions than by all means - - go at it.

If we're "going in circles" that may be because I made my case with the first post and have since been fending off snowflakes such as yourself who are, for whatever reason, threatened by my opinions.

And for what it's worth, I DO like Tall1's idea about eliminating comments; especially since these forums have been added (or made more prominent). That way, I won't have to get my shorts in a knot because some idiot posts "Wooooooooooooow!" to EVERY SINGLE DAMN POSTED PICTURE or some other moron who thinks that telling the world that his pathetic girlfriend weighs 97lbs is of any interest to anyone. It's like the guy who won't stop picking at a scab - - eventually it becomes too ridiculous and annoying to ignore.

And thanks, jturcot. I laughed at your post - - very amusing. Next time I read a post from some schmoe who wants to be choked out by a woman or some fetishist who wants a muscular woman to crush his head like a tomato, I'll think of how it was Darwin's theories themselves that justified such perversions! Excellent!

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Seems like a fair question to me.

Fair? Maybe. Stupid? ABSOLUTELY!

piss off!

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

"I wonder. Do people subscribe to sites that highlight, say, football players? Does that mean that those who do subscribe "get off" on those athletes?"

If there was a site where football players posed provocatively in g-strings and showed off their bodies, that would obviously be a fetish site. That's what this site is.

After reading your posts, you not only have obvious issues but you're a low-IQ insect who can't distinguish apples from oranges.

Why are you here and why are you reading the comments when they just piss you off? And who the f**k are you to come in here and try to police a site that isn't yours?

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

I think calling people “perverse” and “lurking in the shadows” because they are attracted to muscular women is a poor outlook. Yeah, there are some guys who leave cringeworthy public comments, but there’s nothing wrong or perverse with being attracted to muscular women. The beautiful thing about life is that we are all attracted to many different types. Some guys have a preference for buff women, others might like skinny, others might like thicker, and we all have different things that turn us on and that’s OK.

As for me, it’s both. As a strength athlete myself, I can say that while yes, I am attracted to muscular and strong women, I also have a lot of non-sexual admiration for their accomplishments and strength. I know how much work they put into being an athlete since I do the same, and I have a ton of respect for that.

It really comes down to how you present yourself to these ladies. You can have fetishes and fantasize about them, but it’s only creepy if you dump all your fetishes openly AT THEM without their consent. That’s where you get female bodybuilders who say that they hate guys who fetishize them. It has nothing to do with actually being attracted to them.

Mar 12, 2021 - permalink

Gatsby - come on! Nobody has said ANYTHING about be "attracted to muscular woman". I'm attracted to muscular women. Is that what you take as the thrust of my post? If we disagree its at the where the line between appropriate and creepy should be drawn. You say that the line is set wherein creepy comments are made directly to the woman, while I believe that it's creepy when its brought to a public forum and especially when made over and over again. Look. If these creepy comments were the exception and not the rule, then I'd be just fine with all that. But now, creepiness is DEFINITELY the lay-of-the-land at GWM.

real_iluvmuscle and HalfKoren: Why in the WORLD are you so threatened with my opinions on this matter? Are you afraid that I might somehow interfere with your perversions or shadow-y lifestyle decisions? That's not my intention. Just settle down and everything will be just fine.

Chainer
Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

I agree with Pineapple and Tall1 above that the image comment section is low quality, and I am not particularly fond of it. I have been thinking recently about making it visible to logged in users only, which seems like a reasonable middle ground between not having it be the first thing new visitors to the site (including women) see, and nuking it altogether.

That said, I don't currently see a path to improving the quality of the image comments. We get something like 800 of them per day, and I'm guessing at least 6-700 are low-effort one-word (or close to it) replies like "hot!", "woooow", etc. I don't actually know for sure because I don't usually read them. This means that if we tried to moderate them more strictly, we'd have to delete hundreds of them per day. This is would be a herculean undertaking that none of us has the time nor desire to do.

It's also not just a matter of deleting comments; if we started doing this we'd get many complaints per from irate users accusing us of being unfair against them. The reason I know this is because a year or so ago I tried something like this by appointing a "junior mod" whose sole job was to delete egregious comments. That was only about 50 deletions per day and even that resulted in more drama than I cared for. An all-out war against low quality comments would be like this except scaled up an order of magnitude.

The tone and content are largely set by the Admins and Mods who can choose which conversations to promote and which to discourage. So far, the Admins have been silent on my question.

Let's say that right now I handed ownership of GWM over to you. What specific actions would you take?

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

It's also not just a matter of deleting comments; if we started doing this we'd get many complaints per from irate users accusing us of being unfair against them. The reason I know this is because a year or so ago I tried something like this by appointing a "junior mod" whose sole job was to delete egregious comments. That was only about 50 deletions per day and even that resulted in more drama than I cared for. An all-out war against low quality comments would be like this except scaled up an order of magnitude.

I can only imagine. I'm already getting overly-dramatic DM's just for voicing my opinion.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Why in the WORLD are you so threatened with my opinions on this matter? Are you afraid that I might somehow interfere with your perversions or shadow-y lifestyle decisions?

Your ego really wants to believe that you're so bold and edgy that you're a "threat" to people here, doesn't it? Interfere with my life in any way? You're a joke. I pity you that you need to come to a website and puff out your puny chest and declare that you're above the fray. For what reason? To appease your deep insecurities, obviously. I'm sorry you feel so ashamed that you jack off to these women, but a good therapist can help you with that.

I have no idea why Chainer is allowing you to taunt and insult people under the thin guise of an actual discussion. You're only here to shit on people. If this were my site, you wouldn't be here for another minute.

I have a strong suspicion that you're the same moron who used to call himself CCPony and other aliases. The M.O. is the same.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Yeesh sorry to hear that Tall you actually had a good solution to this conundrum and seem to be genuinely set on finding a real conclusion to this unlike Pineapple. If the comment section disappeared it would be a sad censorship over something that seems trite at worst. Like, I've never seen any sexually violent comments, nothing hinting at pedophilia or any other red flags. I honestly dont even ascribe to the low level one word comments mostly but feel like the weirdos need a place too.

-Pineapple- using the word snowflake perfectly encompasses your stance. These comments offend you so badly you make a long post ripping on people for just living their schmoe lives under the stance of "just asking questions". Then you firmly place yourself in as a victim because someone challenged your bigotry towards a community you ascribe to. That's what drives me up the damn wall. You kick down then have the audacity to play the victim. You didn't offer a solution, have a plan, want a consensus. You just wanted to make people feel bad for being who they are. You sir are a flake, but more of a dandruff flake. Itchy and unnecessary and makes us all wonder why you even exist. And yes, I am having a blast thank you

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Well if loving muscular women and fit girls makes me a fetishist, i guess i am. this site is basically pg to r rated. a very few nudes, usually with some artistic value. i am a moronic commenter, with WOW! and Hot! among my many crimes. pinenut rag is just a troll with time on his hands. One thing, though, the FooT Patrol, as i call them, did educate me about the arch and arc that it had and the beauty in it. So, there it is, i read Glamour magazine, only with blazing biceps, and hard abs.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

To answer OP's query, yes, it clearly is. That's why we're here.

If the mods/site owners are watching this thread, maybe an option for users to block comments from view might be a nice idea.

[deleted]
Mar 13, 2021 - edited Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

@PineappleRag: I'm going to make this short and sweet - I'm a female athlete and I don't think most of what's going on on this site is anything wrong. Sure, some comments in the image sections can be a little prude at times, but they aren't harming anyone actively in the process; it's freedom of speech.

Just my 2c, and sorry for the English (not my first language)

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Those comments are still better than what the majority of people still say when they look at a female bodybuilder "she looks manly", "that's disgusting", "how big is her dick?" The fact that people have a muscle fetish is pretty much the only thing that's allowing the sport to carry on so if anything you should be thankful.

Mar 13, 2021 - edited Mar 13, 2021 by Chainer - permalink

The fact that people have a muscle fetish is pretty much the only thing that's allowing the sport to carry on so if anything you should be thankful.

Portrayals of muscular women in mainstream culture(think Jayne Trcka as Ms. Mann in Scary Movie, Faith Minton in Cheech and Chong's Next Movie, or Kris Murrell's cameo in Grown Ups 2) are often less than kind. In spite of all that, a lot of guys and gals still come away with a strong positive impression and desire for them.

I think those of us who work in media should make an effort to feature the women we like in a way that is fully human and not just based on fetishes or a joke. If the fat acceptance people can make headway, so can we.

I'm an artist and the images below are from some recent sketches of mine.

[deleted]
Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Damn, you are a little unrispectful fruit. Your comment honestly has the only purpose to make feel people more inadequate than they maybe already are, and present yourself like better than others. Can we stop talking about schmoes? Or we still need to bully someone just because is a bit weird? You think that exist someone that is not perverse in his own way? Starting from the point that it s very stupid, more than offensive, to come in a site that expose such female bodies and let pass the idea that who like them erotically is a deviant. In the end one could be following the sport and at the same time loving the girls erotically, and if you think that is not in others sport, you are admitting that you don't understanding BB, cause it s an exception as we know, just let s study how Weider buiseness started. Nothing else to say and sorry for the poor English everyone

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

> I guess it's both for me. I am a bodybuilder and really appreciate the effort these ladies go through to achieve their physiques, BUT I am also very attracted and turned on by them...so...

MichaelMuscles - THANK YOU for a simple, clear, non-judgmental response. For the record, I also find muscular women to be very attractive. I don't, however, fantasize about having my head crushed like a grape between their thighs. I would hope that those who do might take their perversities to sites that invite that type of, well, lifestyle.

Actually, I really appreciate you bringing it up. Pineapple, and find myself sort of connected with MichaelMuscles (good name, bro haha). I find muscular women extremely attractive, but also recognize the humanity and reality of them too. Sure, the bodies here are sexy in a way other women just aren't, but the way in which this whole world is so devoid of personality is really disheartening.

The comments on the pictures of late have been really setting me off. Now this could be related to my own embracing of my musclepreciation in a more open and exciting way in real life, or meeting more men and women that are into this in person. I don't know. Either way, I personally would love to get more out of the conversation arena in all this. I try, and could probably do more, but am slowly getting turned off when "Strong enough to kill me" pops up before the picture even loads.

But I have tried to be understanding by saying recognizing everyone isn't at the same places in the muscle lust journeys. I'm practically an old head by the point. I also know that everyone doesn't speak English well and some just want to participate. But I know I'm also the soft, sensitive type. I can tell by these responses Pineapple touched a nerve though. Anons on the web get super pissed and everybody starts pointing fingers and trying to drum you out, but I may just want to go wherever you go when it comes to fandom - wherever that may be.

So I would love for there to be a solution (like whatever Tall is talking about) and I've really enjoyed dropping in on the more visible comments section. Say what you want, but know that you are being read. And at least I'll admit to using the speech of haters to find women I like to see, so I guess... thanks for being assholes to whomever makes that possible.

« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »