Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

IS this a fetish site... or not?

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Bugen & Gatsy - - you are DEF. two guys that I could hang out with.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

...you bring the bong and the Hendrix.

[deleted]
Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

This is a site where we admire women's intellectual achievements. Mathameticians whose equations sent probes to Mars. Poets who became laureates. Scientists who found cures for diseases.

Oh, wait, no. We admire women who spend their days half-naked in a gym because they conform to our notions of beauty. The fact our notions of beauty differs from the mainstream is immaterial. We're still prizing women for their physique. Anyone who tries to ennoble this subculture beyond that is pretentious.

So, yes. This is a fetish. Whack off or not, I don't care. Comment or not on pics, I dont care. But quit your whining. No one is forcing you to read comments or posts if you find them stupid.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

implantmuscles - this might come as a shock to you, but this is hardly my first alias.

It's no shock to me, CCPony. You're been trolling this site for years. You get kicked out over and over and you keep coming back with new names. That's called an obsession. You have some deep issues that you need to deal with.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Ok HalfKorean. You win. Back to basics with you. You're reported.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Ok HalfKorean. You win. Back to basics with you. You're reported.

Frightening! I've been reported.

The most hilarious thing about you (among many) is that you describe yourself as an "alpha male". You're so "alpha" that you go and run to teacher when your feelings get hurt. Cry, baby, cry.

You deserve every bit of abuse you get. You're the most abusive idiot I've ever run across on this site.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Carry on without me, gents. I've had enough of this moron.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

same here.. no point continuing here.. regardless of outcome

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Does anyone know who this "HalfKorean" guy is? To the best of my knowledge I've never met him or spoke to him. I mean, maybe I have, but I certainly don't remember it. He seems really pissed at me and I'm rather curious as to why.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

I sorry... * LMFAO *. I gotta laugh, I'm sorry. Somehow I got these three guys so insanely worked up and I've never said four words to any of them before in my life!

Look, I'm sorry. I guess my opinion of what appears to be your alternate lifestyle really set you guys off. Wasn't my intention. I really don't know any of you and I certainly didn't single you out by name. If you're offended, you need to know that it wasn't my intention - - I certainly didn't have any of you in mind as I opined. It is, after all, just MY opinion.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Just close the thread already. What a bunch of unnecessary negative energy— way worse than image comments that only seem to bother a vocal minority.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

How do you know that I'm not speaking for the non-vocal majority; i.e., the vast number of members who have chosen not to converse in the images section? Why don't we just let this thread play out and hopefully people can constrain themselves from being triggered by my personal opinions?

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

because you're not. you are a blathering moron.

Mar 14, 2021 - edited Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Chainer - - two conclusions, I think. (1) the general consensus is that GWM is indeed a fetish site and (2) there are a significant number of people who are really, really triggered by anything or anyone who might call into question the sanctity of their base obsessions. I don't believe I've ever seen such a remarkable outpouring of venom and hatred as that focused on me because of my opinion on this particular subject. I don't know ANY of these people.

I guess that I've stirred up a hornet's nest here, but I think that it's also very telling.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Hey Pineapple. I just made an account right now to reply to this thread. I'm a lurker. I've been using this site for maybe around 5 years or so now, and this is my first time interacting here. I'll be very honest with you here, thanks to the power of anonymity over the internet.

I have a fetish for fit and muscular women. I like to fantasize about women endowed with great power (and bulk). Althought a quick browse through deviantart's muscle artists reveal that what I consider as muscular is pretty tame compared to some (I presume) extreme examples.

My time on this site (never exceeding 30 minutes per visit) is summed up thus: I browse images, pick an athlete, open various images of her that I find appealing, relieve myself (in politically correct terms), get up and get on with my life. I understand that bodybuilding is a sort of sport, and some want to encourage the 'athletes' or get 'inspiration' but I couldn't care less about this aspect of bodybuilding. I am primarily here to relieve myself, and assuming someone made a site that legitimately wanted to showcase the hard work of female bodybuilders, I would still be using that site in the same capacity. So in short, to me (and other people who are here for similar reasons) it doesn't matter what type of site this is, as long as it has what we need. This makes the question of the nature of this site somewhat less important if not entirely moot.

Yet, while I can not speak for everyone, and none of us can conclusively say anything without any statistic backing it up, insofar as it seems, a good majority of people are here to "enjoy" the images. The topics on the forums, the comments on images, all point to this. So I will agree with you on this, it does seem that the site is basically one big fetish pit. From this inference, you go on to argue that the site should stop with these pretenses and just accept its fetishistic nature. I don't see any reason to do that. The videos on youtube that are titled 'Fitness Inspiration 2020' are tolerated and not reported en masse because they are titled as such and not something that is inappropriate to most of the people who are not into this. (I thought of the perfect inappropriate title but decided against including it, use your imagination). With it being 'inspiration', people who aren't inspired or even are disgusted (some athletes do spark disgust in me, I assume it'd be even worse in the general population) do not report and just go to another video, while we can, in economical terms, derive utility from the video. And indeed, people have a tendency to reject anything they can not fathom or understand. So masking the muscular woman fetish is a very pragmatic move. It harms no one, and generates great dividends.

For the comments, I find them extremely irritating. These athletes are no one to us. They don't owe us anything and neither do we owe them anything. They are mere instruments. Worshipping them and throwing stupidly simple smooth brained comments at them is fine and dandy in your imaginations, but why subject us to these? Typing it out serves no purpose. That said, except if GwM doesn't turn off commenting, these types of comments will always be there, so I just live with it. I don't read comments, and if some girl leaves the site (maybe) because of these comments, I don't mind either. They are fungible, and as long as the larger supply doesn't run out, it wouldn't worry me. And seeing how GwM has positioned itself as the marketing front for these athletes (many of whom rely on people similar to me for a living) the supply likely won't dry up anytime soon, and even when it does, it'd very likely be because of a competitor (or paradoxically, female bodybuilding being very well regarded and paying well by itself)

Finally, why do you use derogatory terminology like 'Schmoes' or such? English is not my first language (It's my fourth) and I had to google schmoe to understand exactly what you meant. Your sample size is pretty small, as you haven't really interacted with many users of this site I assume. And it's heavily skewed anyway, as your sample set consists mostly of comments from people in their peak moments of euphoria. I agree that I exhibit what someone would say is borderline sexual deviancy or at the very least, a pretty weird preference when it comes to women, but that doesn't make me a 'schmoe'. I thought to exclude the details of my life from this comment but hey, what the hell. I'm in a throwaway account on a throwaway mail on a VPN connection. I consider myself as quite successful, I'm pretty young, I have a doctorate degree and good eduation from a leading university, I recently got a high paying job in my field of expertise, I'm a bit on the fat side but not unhealthy, I've had a long term relationship in the past (whose failing had nothing to do with my preference in women, although I admit my romantic life is somewhat of a mess, which is more because of my studies and work and less because I 'relieve myself' to athletes). All in all, I live a pretty happy life, and I'm guessing many visitors to this site have lives like these. Coming into the 'henhouse' and calling everyone 'schmoes' is reductive.

P.S: Admins and moderators didn't delete this thread which shows that they aren't entirely unwilling to let everyone speak what they have in mind, even if they might disagree with what is being said.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

There's a documentary called Ticklish, which deals with a fetish of watching men get tickled. An astonishing percentage of the videos were funded by a rich reclusive heir (who did time in prison). The videos he'd finance were framed as "competitions." He absolutely erupted if anyone called his fetish a fetish or, even worse homoerotic (to the point where he'd try to financially ruin lives). Some people are just triggered by obvious sexuality to the point of self-hatred.

I will often read the comments (and occasionally add one). I'm not fond of people describing their erection ("BOING"), or calling an obviously roided woman "natural" or fantasizing about being dominated. I also blanch at the guys who describe a woman as a "hunk" or a "stud." That said, I do not want these comments deleted or prohibited because people should be free to react as they please, including critical comments ("she's gone too far"; "I preferred her as a brunette"). As long as they're not being abusive or cruel (some will naturally find any criticism needlessly cruel).

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Tombstone - - I TRULY appreciate your reasoned response. Let me be clear: I try to be very careful in categorizing people to whom I refer in this forum thread. In fact, if you re-read my original post, I refer to "a handful of members" as such:

"So many photographs are hihacked by a handful of members with silly comments that push the photos to the front of the queue on the home page. These comments are so pedestrian and repetitive that they are common fodder for ridicule around here."

And that seems to be the thing that many to have lost sight of in their angry responses to me here. And while "schmoe" is indeed a derogatory term, I use it here in the context that it is largely recognized and ONLY for a relatively few number of members who now dominate the image comments.

For example: WHENEVER there is a picture of a FBB standing near or with a man who is not a hulking giant, a certain few GWM members INVARIABLY comment on how the FBB can destroy/dismember/choke-out/annihilate the man next to her. Occasionally, the man by her side is her son. It's truly distasteful

For example: WHENEVER a FBB poses casually with female friends, a certain few GWM members INVARIABLY comment on how terrified these other women must be in the presence of such a "strong" and "domineering" "goddess". This is so ridiculous.

So many photographs are littered with worthless and irritating memes such as "strong" and "goddess" and "wooooooooooow". And yeah, I get that I could (and probably should) simply ignore these nonsensical posts and move along, but all these are SO pervasive that, at least in my case, THEY become the subject of focus and not the athletes in the photographs.

I find myself asking, "Why the fuck do you ALWAYS have to tell me how much larger this FBB is compared to your puny 96lb girlfriend?" What is this strange perversion such that you have to put it on display over and over and over and over and over and over again - - and nobody EVER responds to it? Why would anyone get off o that?

I find myself wondering why anyone would post over and over and over and over and over again: "Do you think that [fill in the FBB name here] can put Shannon Courtney down?" What is the fetish that compels a person to push that button hundreds and hundreds of times? Why would anyone get off on that? Why would anyone need so badly to share that compulsion on a public website?

So yeah. This IS schmoe-like behavior, I think. And it's intrusive and omnipresent and massively distracting.

At least I think that it is.

So, Tombstone, my friend, you clearly do NOT fall into the small and select group of schmoe-members that I refer to here. You seem to clearly understand that what you quietly choose to do with the photographs that you fancy is wildly different compared to others who get off by posting their lewd behaviors and activities all over the comments sections. Where you privately get off on the pictures of these beautiful women, THEY, on the other hand, need some kind of public affirmation in regards to their behaviors and actions. And they need it over and over and over and over and over again. Yuck.

If it's important enough to eliminate the occurrence of these base posts and restore the image comments to something much more interesting and acceptable, then I believe that Chainer and others can do it. Maybe they want to do it. I hope that they do.

Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Thanks for your post, Dashriprock (shades of Beverly Hillbillies!)

I concur with much you say. But when off-color, fetish-oriented comments become the rule rather than the exception, then the First Amendment no longer applies. It's up to the Admins and Mods to assure that the content of their site meets the criteria that they intended for their site or they risk losing control of it as, I believe, has happened with GWM.

Yeah. I'm a First Amendment guy. But it doesn't apply on a privately-owned site wherein the owners are free to manage the conversation as they see fit to retain the sites intended nature and the audience that the owners wish to draw.

My opinion, anyway.

Chainer
Mar 14, 2021 - permalink

Locking the thread until I have time to reply.

Chainer
Mar 15, 2021 - permalink

My response is in a new thread here.

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »