Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

IS this a fetish site... or not?

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Quote: "If this is what you actually WANT, then just say so. "

Yeah, this is what I want. Done.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

GWM is a fetish site! Beats cracking off to amputees.

[deleted]
Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

This is definetly a "fetish" site. Anyone with half a brain cell can notice that. Anyone with half a brain can also notice the contempt with which OP adresses the majority of the user base. Anyone with a brain can also notice that his post wont really achieve anything besides leting us know that some people are so bitter about men janking off to muscular women that they have to make a post whinning about it and pretending like they're so dumb they can't see this for what it is , that just as a rethorical means. Again, rethoric that wont really accomplish anything. OP, you're just salty man.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

This is 'effing hilarious. There are pictures here everyday of women with their boobs pushed up or bending over showing their butt and he's surprised, offended even, that this might be a fetish site. Clutch the pearls.

Also this is like the 4th post I've seen recently about comments under the pictures. Are you guys really reading those??? I don't. It's a nice feature but really I couldn't care less about them and almost never read them. It amazes me how much others get so riled up about something I don't even notice.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

You forgot "She's no match for (Emma/Ruzh)", "My puny arms are so much smaller" and my all-time favorite "nice egg-shaped bicep" (thanks Fred!). While this discussion is starting to drag, the photo comments are amazing. Keep 'em coming gang!

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

I like Diggity_Dave. I think he's deceptively strong.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

I only responded to this specific post, but yes, there are other posts that are basically saying the same thing.. maybe there is a troll that is purposely creating multiple accounts to create this discussion... only to create attention.

Yes, I understand some comments are repetitive and maybe some are borderline offensive (obv depends on being offended in the first place)..

plus there is a reason there is a "Report" button.. although Im sure its there for far better reasons (say someone posts personal info, etc). An on site alternative to this current option is certainly more complex to implement and would probably create far more backlash than the original "offended" reader.

just choosing to ignore what has been written (much the same way we ignore car alarms nowadays) is far easier and we can just move on and enjoy the site.

much like being a victim, one chooses to be offended.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

How about this: they make it so you can block people

That way, you can hide every user who comments such horrific things as "wow" under a photo of a girl they like, and you can live in your safe-space where muscle fetishes dont exist.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

This whole thing is a non-problem, implantmuscles is right, just block people who make comments you don't like or just don't read the comments, problem solved. I think I'll go find a pic of a pretty girl and comment wow

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

I can tell by these responses Pineapple touched a nerve though. Anons on the web get super pissed and everybody starts pointing fingers and trying to drum you out, but I may just want to go wherever you go when it comes to fandom - wherever that may be.

He touched a nerve because his whole purpose for coming in here was to insult and troll. Period. How do you not see that?

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

HalfKorean - give it a rest, man. I don't know who you are and obviously you are far more obsessed with me than I am with you. For the record, all I did was post my opinion in this forum and asked a general question and you've been harassing me ever since. You call me a "troll", but obviously you don't know what a troll is. You're the troll.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

PineappleRag, you registered this account yesterday. HalfKorean has been around for over ten years.

So, no: YOU'RE THE TROLL

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

implantmuscles - this might come as a shock to you, but this is hardly my first alias. So, please stop trolling my forum thread.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Troll's out of the bag now

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Hear that everyone! PR isn't a troll! Hes just a guy with multiple accounts who posts inflammatory rhetoric with no desire to come to a solution. He's also not a schmoe! Just someone who claims to be a bodybuilding judge and who also claims to have a spouse whose a bodybuilder and frequents a site where the users are vouyers of muscular women(so much so he has multiple accounts). Totally not a schmoe! And definitely not a troll. YOU'RE THE TROLL GUY! YOU !NOT Pineapple!

Chainer
Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

PineappleRag: if you want me to keep this thread around you'll have to be more constructive (for instance, answer my question from my previous post in this thread) and stop insulting people or calling them trolls.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Sometimes the comment section is helpful. For example, it may say morph, or give height or weight or location etc. I agree that sometimes they are pointless. Sometimes users will leave a comment on a no name pic so they can later see who it is. Chainer idea of login comments only is better than a shutdown. I don’t consider this a pro bodybuilding site as the original poster Kafka ccpony I think kinda suggested but more just all kinds of pics from many sources.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Evidently, a person can troll his own thread. This is news to me.

Ok, I get it. I get it. You're angry at me because I have the audacity to express an opinion that delegitimizes your heartfelt commitment to your subordinate and schmoe lifestyles. If whining and name-calling makes you feel better than please, have at it - - I really, really don't care. In the meantime, understand that whenever you lash out at me, all you're doing is exposing yourselves as the insecure, guilt-ridden little schoolgirls that you pretend not to be. Instead, may I suggest that you just stand up for yourselves and recite loudly, "I pay girls to beat me up and I'm PROUD to say so". Show a little respect for yourselves and others will respect you back.

At least, that's what I think.

Chainer - I'm considering your question and plan to respond shortly. In the meantime, I find myself fending off a winter storm of snowflakes who are terminally triggered by one man's opinion.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Oh geez, not the "passive-aggressive" routine... 🥱🥱🥱

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

PineappleRag said:

If whining and name-calling makes you feel better than please, have at it

Ironic

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Chainer - Ok. My thoughts:

This isn't about me as much as it's about you. This is not my site; it's yours. If you don't like how the image comments have evolved through the years, it's because you and your mods have allowed it to happen. I've been a member on-and-off for years and I remember when this site was a vibrant forum of people who love the sport of FBB and always talked about the athletes with the dignity that we think that the sport deserved. Those days are long gone. When things started to turn bad, there were those of us (many of us, as I recall) who took exception with the upswing of schmoe posts. For our efforts to fend off dom and fetish comments, we were typically met with disciplinary action by the mods. I'm one of the few remaining hold-outs who continue to take a stand against the inevitable evolution of GWM morphing into the fetish site that it has become. It's been a shame.

So... YOU have to decide. Not me. If you don't like the comments, then you have to stop them - - not necessarily by banning members, blocking members or deleting posts, but by defining the mission of the site and the expected nature of posts that YOU, as site owner, deem as appropriate. This can be done professionally and discretely by displaying expectations clearly on the image pages, again signed by you. People WILL comply over time because Admins have that kind of power over the content of their own sites and others will rally around them.

Depending out whether or not you're up for the programming effort, you can consider including THUMBS-UP and THUMBS-DOWN counters on individual posts and based on other user feedback enforce your stated mission by sending warnings and eventually blocking flagged user comments from the image pages. In short order, members who constantly post the same idiotic messages time and time again will be identified. They'll either stop (as I expect they will) or they will be blocked. Same goes with over-the-top schmoe posts. Same goes for some of my more inflammatory posts.

If all else fails, then turning off the comments on the image pages might be a last resort. But I certainly don't think that you have to go to that just yet. I think that you can influence general content more than you know. And providing users a way to comment on OTHER comments might help to bring good people back into the conversations.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

I don't think I've ever seen an outpouring of emotion like this out here. It's great.

Mar 13, 2021 - permalink

Ok. I think at this point everyone could use a couple bong hits and some downtempo, psychedelic music.

« first < prev Page 3 of 4 next > last »