Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Should bodybuilders use steroids?

« first < prev Page 8 of 15 next > last »
Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

I thought the question was should they use steroids, not who is using steroids!

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

Right you are, uberbabesrule, and I am sorrier than you can possibly imagine for having the temerity to venture an opinion regarding someone else's posting all the way the hell back on page 2!

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

Right you are, uberbabesrule, and I am sorrier than you can possibly imagine for having the temerity to venture an opinion regarding someone else's posting all the way the hell back on page 2!

Again, what is your experience/involvement with lifting/the fitness community?

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

So, there's two "Nurse Ratcheds" 🙄

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

Gatsby, you big meanie. You've expected a reciprocal discussion, and worse, you've insinuated that someone should think before posting and supply facts. Clearly, you now deserve an ad hominem attack.

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

There are a lot of women here who aren't. If they were, they'd be a helluva lot bigger. They're not that hard to spot.

At the gyms I've been to, there have been people who juiced and were literally in a worse than average shape. You can't determine who's clean just by looking.

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

> I've done steroids before. They are fucking amazing... as advertised. And unlike Creatine and other mostly-nonsense things, they really work. > > It's important to know that muscle size and strength is not the only factors which are enhanced. Steroids disproportionately affect muscle groups with more androgen receptors... notably the traps, delts, and lats. They are VERY necessary for most bodybuilders to achieve a competitive V-taper. Not everyone to be sure.. but most. > > Additionally they help you shed fat and gain hardness and definition. If you've ever touched the muscles of someone who's actively juicing, you know what I'm talking about. The muscles pop out of the skin and have a really firm texture. You don't get that naturally. > > You can achieve far more in bodybuilding with steroids. No amount of natural time and work will equal that - at least for the vast majority of people. > > I just wish that they were legal and able to be used in a safer manner. The idea that steroids should go away is ridiculous. The belief that they are the exception and not the norm in most professional sports is even more ridiculous. I think that they're a tremendous scientific achievement, and I'd be on board for fully legalizing their use.

You may have convinced me to get on them.

Been lifting naturally for years. Have a good physique, but I wonder what I would look like if I took that next step.

Try a low dose (like 10 or 20mg a day) of Oxandrolone (Anavar). It's so mild that you don't need to stress about sides or plummeting natural test or any of that. Won't make you a monster, but you'll notice a huge jump in gains, and you can most likely keep that extra muscle once you go off cycle.

I'm not training any longer, but I once gained 10 lean pounds in two months with that regimen. And I was able to keep that muscle as long as I kept training and kept my calories high. You lose the "pop" and hardness off cycle, but it's certainly possible to maintain the lean mass. And it's relatively very safe (YMMV)

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

The point is that some women can build muscle without steroids, albeit less if they were taking.

Uh, obviously? Is that a point? Apologies, I don't even know what the argument is anymore.

All I was saying is PED use is so prevalent in all sports especially in the fitness industry not to even mention bodybuilding.

I don't have actual statistics but I confidently say based on my personal experience that if you meet a bodybuilder there is an extremely high possibility they are taking PEDs. I guess this is upsetting people? Certainly that Cuckoos nest guy.

Personally I'd be more upset with the fake natty epidemic. There's sooooo many.

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

Uh, obviously? Is that a point? Apologies, I don't even know what the argument is anymore.

All I was saying is PED use is so prevalent in all sports especially in the fitness industry not to even mention bodybuilding.

I don't have actual statistics but I confidently say based on my personal experience that if you meet a bodybuilder there is an extremely high possibility they are taking PEDs. I guess this is upsetting people? Certainly that Cuckoos nest guy.

Personally I'd be more upset with the fake natty epidemic. There's sooooo many.

LOL I totally agree. Still blows my mind that fans of muscular women think that steroid use is somehow this rare thing, or that female athletes can get jacked and ripped naturally.. they just gotta REALLY work at it.

Seriously everyone.. steroids are to bodybuilding what helmets are to football. They are literally essential equipment for the VAST majority of men and women. And there's no shame in that, you still have to work really fucking hard for an elite physique. But you're never going to look like a pro if you're natural. Not even close.

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

LOL I totally agree. Still blows my mind that fans of muscular women think that steroid use is somehow this rare thing, or that female athletes can get jacked and ripped naturally.. they just gotta REALLY work at it.

Seriously everyone.. steroids are to bodybuilding what helmets are to football. They are literally essential equipment for the VAST majority of men and women. And there's no shame in that, you still have to work really fucking hard for an elite physique. But you're never going to look like a pro if you're natural. Not even close.

It doesn’t really blow my mind because think about it: instagram fitness culture is FLOODED with people who have insane bodies. When that’s all you see, it gets normalized in peoples’ brains where they think that it’s possible to get physiques like that naturally.

Meanwhile, the men and women who do lift naturally and, while still looking fit and strong, look unremarkable by comparison, they get pushed to the corner where they receive very little visibility and few followers.

[deleted]
Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

****> Me and my wife have both been taking steroids and hgh for several years now with me taking them since I was 21 when I was a few years into working at Gold's Gym and my wife for at least 6 years now. I take the gear that is administered by my family doctor carefully and my wife does her own injection of Anavar once in a long while but she does HGH, creatine, and protein. And plus my wife has pretty awesome genetics being of Russian and Bulgarian background.

We've never had any severe side effects that is associated when taking the gear. The only thing that my wife needed was breast enhancement, and jawline surgery due to steroids and hgh. Steroids and HGH have done wonders in our lives and honestly we are very supportive of people who made the choice to take them on a professional level or take them to feel better about themselves. Either way it's a win win in my opinion.****

Even so, your risk profile for some steroid induced affliction like stroke and cancer is greater than if you were not taking them. Have you read any of the many stories of bodybuilders who have met with untimely deaths? Some were taking for decades, some for several years, others for less.

Nevertheless, all the best to you and yours and I hope you never see a steroid related health issue. Take care.

Nov 30, 2021 - permalink

Jesus H. Christ.

This thread has turned into One Flew Over The Cuckoos Nest and you're Nurse Ratched.

Always seems to whenever steroids or dating fbb's is concerned.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Try a low dose (like 10 or 20mg a day) of Oxandrolone (Anavar). It's so mild that you don't need to stress about sides or plummeting natural test or any of that. Won't make you a monster, but you'll notice a huge jump in gains, and you can most likely keep that extra muscle once you go off cycle.

I'm not training any longer, but I once gained 10 lean pounds in two months with that regimen. And I was able to keep that muscle as long as I kept training and kept my calories high. You lose the "pop" and hardness off cycle, but it's certainly possible to maintain the lean mass. And it's relatively very safe (YMMV)

Yeah, Anavar is reputed to be one of, if not the safest option. Good advice bro, especially the diet/lifestyle part - which is something most casuals overlook.

I've known guys who did heavy cycles but with a shocking diet and they wondered why their gains were minimal. Living on burgers, doughnuts and fried chicken with no cardio and pathetic training can't be overcome even with 1,000megs of test. They'd end up as bloated, fat waterballs with minimal increases in strength.

Slight tangent...sorry. :-)

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Its not really a question of should they...since bodybuilding as you know it wouldnt exist without them. However i definitely think some of the ones mega juicing atm..if they continue for long will fuck their health and probably die younger than otherwise. And we know the ones... However.. thats their choice an their profession i spose.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Yeah, Anavar is reputed to be one of, if not the safest option. Good advice bro, especially the diet/lifestyle part - which is something most casuals overlook.

I've known guys who did heavy cycles but with a shocking diet and they wondered why their gains were minimal. Living on burgers, doughnuts and fried chicken with no cardio and pathetic training can't be overcome even with 1,000megs of test. They'd end up as bloated, fat waterballs with minimal increases in strength.

Slight tangent...sorry. :-)

Yup, you're totally right, and I think that it's important to point that out: Steroids are a necessary part of success in bodybuilding, but they are the lowest bar to achieve. Anyone can pop a pill or inject themselves with a syringe. It's the hard work, discipline, and diet that makes these physiques that we admire so much.

Obviously women like Amazonka are on a S**TLOAD of gear to look like they do. But 99.9% of humans couldn't achieve what she has even if they have all the drugs in the world. An incomprensible amount of time and effort is required to look like she does.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Yup, you're totally right, and I think that it's important to point that out: Steroids are a necessary part of success in bodybuilding, but they are the lowest bar to achieve. Anyone can pop a pill or inject themselves with a syringe. It's the hard work, discipline, and diet that makes these physiques that we admire so much.

Obviously women like Amazonka are on a S**TLOAD of gear to look like they do. But 99.9% of humans couldn't achieve what she has even if they have all the drugs in the world. An incomprensible amount of time and effort is required to look like she does.

You're forgetting some people naturally respond very well to steroids as well. People could very well match her work ethic in the gym - but she obviously responds very well to copious amounts of drugs.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

As I stated before in a previous thread on this forum is that me and my wife both take steroids and HGH. We take them safely and know the risks. Both of us respond very well to them and other supplements and we have little to no side effects. Yes my wife had to get surgery for her jaw and had her breasts enhanced to "Chyna" size due to taking HGH but this is very little compared to people who are having huge side effects to taking steroids and HGH. If you cannot handle the gear don't take them. Take creatine and protein instead and consult a family doctor for more medical advice.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

As I stated before in a previous thread on this forum is that me and my wife both take steroids and HGH. We take them safely and know the risks. Both of us respond very well to them and other supplements and we have little to no side effects. Yes my wife had to get surgery for her jaw and had her breasts enhanced to "Chyna" size due to taking HGH but this is very little compared to people who are having huge side effects to taking steroids and HGH. If you cannot handle the gear don't take them. Take creatine and protein instead and consult a family doctor for more medical advice.

Can you post a picture of yourself with your wife?

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Bodybuilding is a weird "sport". It's the only sport where steroids and PEDs are encouraged by its athletes. If we look at baseball guys like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Alex Rodriguez have their careers tarnished by being associated with or using steroids because it creates unfair competition. But in bodybuilding, it's necessary to achieve that perfect physique. Even with social media and fitness influencers, a lot of them are clearly on some type of steroid but some people are none the wiser and believe that they can look like The Rock if they just become the hardest worker in the room. I think because of the negative association with steroids, the public would rather sweep it under the rug when it comes to fitness influencers or movie stars preparing for roles.

I'll be honest. I'm 30 and I have been lifting since I was 15. The temptation is always there to use steroids since it is all around me not only through bodybuilding but through social media and movies. Once people acknowledge that reality, the better off we would be.

Dec 01, 2021 - permalink

Bodybuilding is a weird "sport". It's the only sport where steroids and PEDs are encouraged by its athletes. If we look at baseball guys like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Alex Rodriguez have their careers tarnished by being associated with or using steroids because it creates unfair competition. But in bodybuilding, it's necessary to achieve that perfect physique. Even with social media and fitness influencers, a lot of them are clearly on some type of steroid but some people are none the wiser and believe that they can look like The Rock if they just become the hardest worker in the room. I think because of the negative association with steroids, the public would rather sweep it under the rug when it comes to fitness influencers or movie stars preparing for roles.

I'll be honest. I'm 30 and I have been lifting since I was 15. The temptation is always there to use steroids since it is all around me not only through bodybuilding but through social media and movies. Once people acknowledge that reality, the better off we would be.

I feel you. Longtime lifter here, and it’s frustrating to see that there’s such a clear ceiling on how much you can progress naturally. It sucks I have to do something illegal in my country (U.S.) to progress.

Dec 02, 2021 - permalink

I feel you. Longtime lifter here, and it’s frustrating to see that there’s such a clear ceiling on how much you can progress naturally. It sucks I have to do something illegal in my country (U.S.) to progress.

I have dual citizenship status in both America and Russia due to my wife being Russian and all and everytime we go to Russia we always go see my wife's family doctor. Her family doctor always gives us steroids because we asked for them everytime. Now I know that Russia banned steroids but that's only for the news media of the world. Steroids and HGH are still very much legal there and the people know that. Steroids are not consider a health risk in Russia.

Dec 02, 2021 - permalink

I have dual citizenship status in both America and Russia due to my wife being Russian and all and everytime we go to Russia we always go see my wife's family doctor. Her family doctor always gives us steroids because we asked for them everytime. Now I know that Russia banned steroids but that's only for the news media of the world. Steroids and HGH are still very much legal there and the people know that. Steroids are not consider a health risk in Russia.

No kidding?! Makes sense why Russian athletes get regularly busted such as Maria Sharapova, Alexander Povetkin and why the entire Track and Field team was banned from the Olympics a few years ago.

Dec 02, 2021 - edited Dec 02, 2021 - permalink

If we look at baseball guys like Barry Bonds, Roger Clemens, and Alex Rodriguez have their careers tarnished by being associated with or using steroids because it creates unfair competition.

They were just the ones that MLB threw under the bus. You can't tell me that those 3 are the only ones using PED in baseball.

Marion Jones was one that really hurt because she had to apologize and give back her medals when every one of her opponents was likely on the same stuff.

Also Lance Armstrong, busted for cheating. But I think the top 10, the top 20 were all doping anyway?

I say just make em legal. Use at your own risk.

Dec 02, 2021 - permalink

They were just the ones that MLB threw under the bus. You can't tell me that those 3 are the only ones using PED in baseball.

Marion Jones was one that really hurt because she to apologize and give back her medals when every one of her opponents was likely on the same stuff.

Also Lance Armstrong, busted for cheating. But I think the top 10, the top 20 were all doping anyway?

Like the UFC a few years ago, when most of the pros seemed to be on steroids. Alistair Overeem suddenly when from barely making the maximum weight limit of 260lbs, beacause of carrying too much muscle to barely making the HW division a year later.

Dec 02, 2021 - permalink

This is making the perfect the enemy of the good. It also fails to appreciate the reality of marginal effects. There are laws against murder -- and lots of other things -- yet people still violate the law, so why not make murder legal? Testing for drugs reduces drug use. If Amazonka entered the Tour de France, in addition to looking like a bear on a bike, she'd quickly get popped for PEDs (probably because her urine caused the plastic cups to dissolve). In other words, athletes are taking drugs, yes, but they're not as heavily juiced. And that's a good thing (just as it's better to live in a society with 20,000 homicides a year rather than 50,000 homicides). Athletes who want to participate in professional sports face a kind of coercion when it comes to drugs: if they don't do them, they can't play. We want to foster healthy competition.

As noted before, PEDs are non-scalable. If drugs reduce each racer's time by 10 minutes, then Lance Armstrong wins tested and untested competitions. The best racer is still winning. (Though in the case of drugs, it's not a 1:1 effect as some respond better than others, in which case, some inferior racers compensate with chemistry.)

Unrestricted drug use elevates risk of injury (and death) for athletes participating in combat sports.

« first < prev Page 8 of 15 next > last »