Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Should bodybuilders use steroids?

« first < prev Page 15 of 15 next > last »
Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

Women are not able to garner huge muscle mass just by taking creatine and protein alone and eating this and that. Compared to men they have to work more harder in the gym to develop a certain amount of muscle in order to be satisfied with their look. So yes I'm for women taking steroids and hgh so they get to their desired level.

Oct 05, 2022 - permalink

If you listen to the interview, she talks about having done some periods on steroids and others without.

I subscribed to Herbiceps until they destroyed it with the new format. There were plenty of bikini, figure and fitness competitors that didn't use steroids yet were great looking. Think about Kelly Lynn. She was natural and sexy when she started. She took a 10 year break and came back looking way too huge because she used steroids. Rebekkah Willich was and is a stunner who clearly is natural. Maybe it's all about my tastes but I'll take natural over enhanced any day. > > This again 🤦‍♂️ > > Jodi Miller isn't natural > > Legal or not PEDs are rampant in all professional sports with the possible exception of billiards. > > BODYBUILDING DOESN'T EXIST WITHOUT DRUGS. How many times do we have to say it?

You think Rebekah Willich is natural? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

Yes, they should. Actually, they should all be as muscular and huge as they would like to be (and I would be smilling all day long with that).

Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

What exactly does creatine do anyway? Does it have any androgenic effects?

Oct 06, 2022 - permalink

In an ideal world, no due to the negative health effects. However, since steroids are already so widespread in bodybuilding, it would probably be difficult to clamp down it, so saying no to the question is mostly pointless.

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

What exactly does creatine do anyway? Does it have any androgenic effects?

It allows you to train a bit longer/harder. It doesn't have any androgenic effects, nor does it directly impact your muscle. Some people think it makes them bigger right away, but that's just increased water retention. I don't find it to be worthwhile, but ymmv.

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

It allows you to train a bit longer/harder. It doesn't have any androgenic effects, nor does it directly impact your muscle. Some people think it makes them bigger right away, but that's just increased water retention. I don't find it to be worthwhile, but ymmv.

Creatine definitely works and is worth it. But it works as it's supposed to. It's not hormonal. It increases ATP which in turn allows you to lift more weight with more volume without burning out. This is definitely directly related to muscular growth just not in the same way exactly as something hormonal. It has also been studied for a very long time and isn't just snake oil like all the "test boosters" and some other herbs and stuff.

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

Creatine definitely works and is worth it. But it works as it's supposed to. It's not hormonal. It increases ATP which in turn allows you to lift more weight with more volume without burning out. This is definitely directly related to muscular growth just not in the same way exactly as something hormonal. It has also been studied for a very long time and isn't just snake oil like all the "test boosters" and some other herbs and stuff.

Nah.

First, some people are creatine non-responders. It's a minority of people, but they exist. Second, some people get sufficient creatine from their diet/natural production and supplementing it does literally nothing for them because they're already at their reserves. Third, some people have severe stomach discomfort that isn't linked to diet and/or dosage.

It's a safe and generally well tolerated supplement so there's no harm in trying it for yourself to see if you like it, but a blanket statement that it's worth it is factually incorrect.

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

Second, some people get sufficient creatine from their diet/natural production and supplementing it does literally nothing for them > because they're already at their reserves.

Basically my experience. I find creatine useless personally, but that's just me.

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

No ones getting enough creatine from their diet less they're eatimg humungous amounts of food. Think 1kg-2kg meats + per day. Lol

Oct 07, 2022 - permalink

It’s not a blanket statement to say creatine works. Obviously there’s exceptions. Plenty of exceptions. But compared to most supplements, it does do something. What you’re saying is anecdotal. What I’m saying is evidence based from studies over the last 20-30 years

Oct 08, 2022 - permalink

Dietary creatine gets absorbed by skeletal muscles and converted to creatine phosphate. This provides extra energy to muscles during training and recovery. Creatine is also reported to suppress myostatin. Taking about 5g per day orally is a typical amount. A person would need to eat a whole lot of leafy greens daily to ingest 5g. Creatine does help build muscle and enhance performance but you need to be actively training to get the benefits. All of this is well documented in medical and scientific sources for more than 50 years. Creatine won’t give you the degree of muscle growth compared to anabolic steroids but it is far healthier. The average male or female gym goer who regularly works out will see a visible benefit from using creatine.

Oct 08, 2022 - permalink

It’s not a blanket statement to say creatine works. Obviously there’s exceptions. Plenty of exceptions. But compared to most supplements, it does do something. What you’re saying is anecdotal. What I’m saying is evidence based from studies over the last 20-30 years

So what is the actual evidence on creatine, and natural testosterone boosters too, for that matter?

Oct 16, 2022 - edited Oct 16, 2022 - permalink

I'm not sure about "should" but in the bodybuilding world, you practically have to just to even have a tiny bit of success. So many bodybuilders actually admitted to steroid use lol (notably Schwarzenegger, Coleman, and Wheeler)

Oct 16, 2022 - permalink

So what is the actual evidence on creatine, and natural testosterone boosters too, for that matter?

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC...

There’s literally 10 million articles discussing the increase in ATP causing better recovery, more energy (in the scientific sense, not just feeling), inhibiting muscle wasting. It’s no where near something hormonal. Obviously there is no evidence that shows that every single person that uses it will see great benefits. That’s not how data works. But what it does to the body gives the body the ability to gain more muscle and strength quicker than without it. You’d have to eat a ridiculous amount of red meat every single day to get close to the recommended 5 grams.

As for natural testosterone boosters, there’s way less data on the thousand different herbs and minerals and all that claim to boost test naturally. I personally believe that some definitely help when lower than normal. Or de-stresses the body so it can produce the right amount of testosterone. But there isn’t data, especially nothing significant, that I’m aware of that shows natural test boosters can increase test beyond your normal production.

I think the problem with a lot of people is thinking that anecdotes work as data. It doesn’t. I mean it’s data for that person. It’s evidence for that person. But it’s not scientific data.

« first < prev Page 15 of 15 next > last »