Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Female muscle in the movies?

tamarok
Jan 25, 2021 - edited Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

I tend to find that the movies don't generally do well in putting muscular or strong looking women anywhere near a lead role. For example, Wonder Woman hasn't ever been a strong looking woman, but at least they did put Brook Ence and some other strong looking women in amongst the Amazons.

Are there any other movies which have given strong women a proper appearance?

PS no NSFW content or adult movie references.

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

The most obvious is Pearl, starring Julia Fory in the titural role.

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Among mainstream actresses, Angela Bassett as Tina Turner in "What's Love Got To Do With It?" If Tina had guns like that, she'd have kicked Ike's ass with ease. Cameron Diaz is another who's nicely muscled, too. Check out Jessica Biel in "Blade: Trinity", Hollywood just doesn't get hotter than that! Rachel McLish in "Iron Eagle 3" and "Ravenhawk" aren't exactly Oscar-winning performances, but does showcase her build nicely. Sharon Bruneau did a B-movie action flick "Tornado Run" and let's not forget Jeanette Goldstein in "Aliens" - all the female Marines in that one were slapped together.

On TV, here's one that probably escaped everyone else's notice: Israeli actress Noa Tishby in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Harbinger". She wasn't 'shredded' but displayed a stocky, muscular build.

Also, Spice Williams as a female Klingon warrior in "Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier".

Those are just some off the top of my head... I'll add more as I think of them.

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by myrrdin emrys
M76
Jan 26, 2021 - edited Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Sue Price and others in Nemesis 2-3-4

Since everyone has already listed the obvious ones, here are some lest knowns, all in their Z movie guilty plesaure.

Kathy Long in The Stranger, Knights

Kari Wuhrer in Malevolent, King of Ants

Chloe Henry - Amsterdam Heavy

Kristy Mitchell - Lake Placid 3, Triassic Attack, Barbarians Rising

Alicia Ziegler - Jurassic Attack

Stacy Haiduk - Attack of the Sabretooth

Rhonda Lundstead - Miami Supercops

Victoria Pratt - Mongolian Death Worm, House of the Dead 2, Tentacles of the Deep

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

I recommend that you watch Pumping Iron II : The Women and Getting Physical. There is a lot of female bodybuilding in that movies

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

On TV: Jolene Blalock in "Star Trek: Enterprise" was very toned and flashed her abs on more than one occasion.

M76
Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Melissa George in Hunted

Sadly this was about the only scene in the entire series where she flashed those muscles. But regardless it's one of the best tv series I've seen.

M76
Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Noomi Rapace Pecs in Prometheus (Open matte version, the theatrical version is cropped above the interesting bit)

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Jessica Biel in Blade: Trinity (2004)

[deleted]
Jan 26, 2021 - edited Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Sarah Connor in T2 is probably one of the most famous examples of an actress getting ripped for a movie role

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Evangeline Lilly in Antman. Naomi Harris in Skyfall.

Jan 26, 2021 - edited Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Cory Everson in Double Impact was solid.

Jan 26, 2021 - permalink

Madonna in Die Another Day. Cory Everson in the Hercules series. Brooke Shields in Suddenly Susan. Angela Bassett and Lori Fetrick in Strange Days. Thumper and Bam Bam in Diamonds Are Forever.

[deleted]
Jan 27, 2021 - permalink

I recall a scene in "The Cell" with Kim Chizevsky.

Jan 27, 2021 - permalink

Madonna in Die Another Day. Cory Everson in the Hercules series. Brooke Shields in Suddenly Susan. Angela Bassett and Lori Fetrick in Strange Days. Thumper and Bam Bam in Diamonds Are Forever.

Is Lori Fetrick the albino looking chick that she fought with in Strange Days?

M76
Jan 27, 2021 - permalink

Is Lori Fetrick the albino looking chick that she fought with in Strange Days?

No, that's Louise Decavalier. I don't think Lori Fetrick is in strange days.

Jan 27, 2021 - permalink

Rachel Mclish in Iron Eagle 3

Jan 27, 2021 - permalink

Yancy Butler was quite ripped in the 90's thriller The Ex https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpWFkGVhKls

Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

I don't go in for the movie in spite of her and Kathleen Kinmont, but there's Lori Fetrick in an action film called CIA: TARGET ALEXA. I'm not much of a gun person, including fiction, but there's a view of a gun holster against her right thigh that could almost make me one!

[deleted]
Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Vicky Pratt in Mutant X series 90's. Pretty face, gorgeous body and sexy biceps and abs

Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Cory Everson in Double Impact was solid.

Epic example. Got me started

Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Cory Everson Double Impact

Feb 07, 2021 - permalink
Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Rosamund Pike in Gone Girl ... ABS.

« first < prev Page 1 of 7 next > last »