Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Female muscle in the movies?

Jan 24, 2024 - permalink

Why didn't anyone tell me that I could watch it for free until last week

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

Anybody else spot the unexpected FBB in episode one of Masters of the Air ?

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

In a WWII show? Where?

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

Photograph of a B17 crewman’s girlfriend, a Rosie the Riveter type popping a double biceps.

fp909
Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

Yeah that was a photoshopped image

Editing has gotten so good but shopped photos in movies remain mediocre at best

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

Yeah that was a photoshopped image

Editing has gotten so good but shopped photos in movies remain mediocre at best

still would like to see

fp909
Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

still not too bad

Jan 28, 2024 - permalink

That’s what I thought. Mad to see in a 40’s setting.

Jan 29, 2024 - permalink

Just Googled, there is a character that will be in the show named “Alice”, played by Danielle Phillips. She debuts in episode 3. She looks a bit heavyset, so my guess this is just a postcard she sent the guy, this definitely isn’t the actress, lol

Jan 29, 2024 - permalink

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wZXoErL2124&a... around 40 second mark. Dave Chappelle special "Sticks and Stones" on Netflix.

Literally they only pan to the audience once, and when they do, they focus in on a super buffed, muscular woman.

We need names

fp909
Jan 29, 2024 - permalink

of random girls in a comedy crowd? lol

Feb 23, 2024 - permalink

Jessica Biel in a (terrible) movie called “London.” I recall two scenes where her amazing physique is featured. One shower scene where her back is ripped and a sex scene with Chris Evan’s where she’s on top and her shoulders and arms look fantastic.

Feb 23, 2024 - permalink

Dallas Malloy was the lead in a short film, "Worship" about an fbb. https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&source=web&rc...

Carla Haug in Arli$$ featured her as a sex symbol and had a sex scene with her on top and punching a hole in a wood headboard. Unfortunately, if I remember correctly,in the next scene,after having consensual sex with the guy she's dating, she comes out of the bathroom and rapes him with a strap-on.

Feb 23, 2024 - edited Feb 23, 2024 - permalink

Jayne Trcka aka Kasie Kavanaugh (who I once met) was in Scary Movie (2000) the slasher killer film parody, but the character she plays is the butt of a very gross unfunny joke playing on her supposed "manliness", She's also in Lady Gaga's Telephone music video.

Feb 23, 2024 - permalink

I don't hate every joke about FBBs, but yes, that's a pretty heavy-handed one.

Feb 24, 2024 - permalink
Feb 28, 2024 - permalink

It says "Coming Soon" back in 2019, did this ever come out?

Feb 28, 2024 - permalink

It did, but it's not easy to find. Your best bet is an illegal streaming site.

Mar 17, 2024 - permalink

From writer/director Rose Glass and starring Kristen Stewart, Katy O'Brian, Jena Malone, Anna Baryshnikov, with Dave Franco, and Ed Harris. LOVE LIES BLEEDING – In select theaters March 8, everywhere March 15.

Trailer https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AULR_GPteNQ

Apr 16, 2024 - edited Apr 16, 2024 - permalink

For anyone who is familiar with the House Party series you may or may not remember catching this. This series is a massive cult classic (mainly among Black Americans) that was started in the early 90s. In the first movie, there was a scene where Kid from the hip-hop duo Kid N' Play, and Tisha's character Sidney were about to get down to business but they couldn't do it because Kid had a super old, dried up condom in his wallet and on top of that she notices that her parents are arriving home. In a haste to beat them to the punch, she quickly gets up and starts undressing to change into her PJs and right when she slips her pants off, you get a nice but very quick glimpse of her flexed abs as she hunches over to get her pants off and once she fully disrobes you get a nice glimpse of her slender fit physique (I can't provide a screenshot because what is available is a very washed fuzzy image of that particular part. The screenshot I did provide is from that scene though). This is back when Tisha Campbell was in really good shape so almost any production she did in the 90s if she was wearing something that exposed her stomach, you would get a nice glimpse of her soft yet slightly pronounced abs.

This screenshot of her in a cropped sweatshirt from an episode of Martin highlights what I'm talking about.

Also co-starring alongside her was AJ Johnson (not to be confused with the AJ Johnson who was also an extra in the first House Party and had a minor role in the 3rd movie that later went on to play Ezell in the movie Friday) who played the character Sharane who during the time didn't particularly have any noticeable muscularity but as the years went on became involved in fitness and developed a very impressive physique. This is a shot of her in more recent times and she is 61 now.

For those familiar with the Wayans Family catalog may not mention this movie first when recalling the productions they've put out but this screenshot was from a Keenan Ivory Wayans film called "Low Down Dirty Shame" that very briefly featured the wildly obscure and ever elusive "Pillow" in a spa scene. And if you're looking at the screenshot thinking "wait, that's not the Pillow I remember" then allow me to explain. I know underrated retro GMWs are discussed on this site but in all honesty I believe this Pillow is probably the most least known or explored retro FBB especially to be one that has actually appeared on television and in film productions. She literally has no contest history, is only credited under the mononym "Pillow" in cast listings, and is completely overshadowed by the other Pillow that was prevalent during that same era. So much so that if you google "Pillow bodybuilder" the only thing that will come up with her on it is the video that Dr. Showbiz did literally explaining the dichotomy between the two of them. It's so bizarre! Pillow has also appeared on the High Noon episode of Martin (alongside Debbie Muggli), as well as a skit on In Living Color yet there's hardly a trace of her to be found even to this day.

And lastly, circling back around to the House Party series, in the 3rd movie there's a janky record label executive played by comedian Michael Colyar who is protected by an exclusively female bodyguard fleet that do his bidding for him. They are depicted as silent enforcers that use their strength and power to intimidate the likes of those who are indebted to his character. They are seen doing everything from crushing billiard balls to restraining Kid and Play while Michael's character Showboat explains his bottom line to them. I am most partial to the one on the far right for obvious reasons and I found her to be the most attractive one. This rare dynamic was a huge anomaly to see in movies in the 90s even if done for comedic purposes.

« first < prev Page 7 of 7 next > last »