Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Female muscle in the movies?

Feb 07, 2021 - permalink

Victoria Pratt in Cleopatra 2525

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink
Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

If we're including TV series, Renee O'Connor in the later seasons of Xena:Warrior Princess...

Although she bemoaned the fact that the longer the show ran, the skimpier her outfits became...

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink
Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

How did I miss those abs in Gone Girl? WTF??

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Teagan clive in Alienator

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGdU20WlCCl/?igsh...

Teagan was in a few B movie type things. She was an early amazon from the 80's. I wish she had more appearances.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

I don't go in for the movie in spite of her and Kathleen Kinmont, but there's Lori Fetrick in an action film called CIA: TARGET ALEXA. I'm not much of a gun person, including fiction, but there's a view of a gun holster against her right thigh that could almost make me one!

A good number of fight scenes for Lori without the gun in that movie. I wish they had her do more, but she was active in showing off her muscles in that one. She and Kinmont have the inevitable showdown.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Yes.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Among mainstream actresses, Angela Bassett as Tina Turner in "What's Love Got To Do With It?" If Tina had guns like that, she'd have kicked Ike's ass with ease. Cameron Diaz is another who's nicely muscled, too. Check out Jessica Biel in "Blade: Trinity", Hollywood just doesn't get hotter than that! Rachel McLish in "Iron Eagle 3" and "Ravenhawk" aren't exactly Oscar-winning performances, but does showcase her build nicely. Sharon Bruneau did a B-movie action flick "Tornado Run" and let's not forget Jeanette Goldstein in "Aliens" - all the female Marines in that one were slapped together.

On TV, here's one that probably escaped everyone else's notice: Israeli actress Noa Tishby in the Star Trek: Enterprise episode "Harbinger". She wasn't 'shredded' but displayed a stocky, muscular build.

Also, Spice Williams as a female Klingon warrior in "Star Trek 5: The Final Frontier".

Those are just some off the top of my head... I'll add more as I think of them.

They aren't two of the most respected sitcoms, but Spice Williams played likable comical wrestlers in episodes of MAMA'S FAMILY and OUT OF THIS WORLD.

Feb 08, 2021 - permalink

Don't forget Mandy Blank scaring the piss out of Charlie Sheen on Spin City

Feb 09, 2021 - permalink

There's Kris Murrell in GROWNUPS 2. Unfortunately for FBB fans, it turns into one of those "She's really a man" jokes, but it's still good to see her in it.

And Teagan Clive in the action comedy ARMED AND DANGEROUS.

Feb 09, 2021 - permalink

Noomi Rapace Pecs in Prometheus (Open matte version, the theatrical version is cropped above the interesting bit)

Such a nice GIF :)

There was a thread like this already. I can only add Angela Brasset in the Tina Turner movie once more. Such incredible definition there.

Feb 09, 2021 - permalink

Sharon Bruneau in Tornado Run. Terrible movie, but who cares. She poses, works out, practices karate, squeezes a guys hand, etc.

Feb 10, 2021 - permalink
Feb 10, 2021 - permalink

Kim Chizevsky in The Cell

https://youtu.be/z0Cwd6Su1es

Kim looked amazing in that fight. I wish she had done more than slam JLo into the wall and carry her away. It was a nice ko, but much more would have made that movie worth watching. Kim's role was too small. She was huge there....very nice.

May 31, 2021 - permalink
U-1
May 31, 2021 - permalink

Teagan clive in Alienator

https://www.instagram.com/p/CGdU20WlCCl/?igsh...

I snorted my beverage over the screen when I read the description. So funny! It reminded me of Loulogio's narration of "the best ninja movie of all time"

Jun 02, 2021 - permalink

There's a funny review of it on the YouTube channel "Brandon's Cult Movie Reviews." In spite of being a comedian, he doesn't go for a lot of very predictable FBB jokes when it comes to her.

[deleted]
Jun 02, 2021 - permalink

John Ritter lived all our fantasies in a film called Skin Deep. Where he picks up a random woman in a bar. Goes back to her place only to find out that she is a female bodybuilder. Played by the amazing Raye Hollit in her prime.

Jun 02, 2021 - permalink

More Athletic than Muscular, but there is a French film called Love a First Fight where Adèle Haenel joins the army. In the U.S. trailer for the movie, she does have a somewhat athletic body, and in the beginning of the trailer she even wrestles a guy.

Jun 08, 2021 - permalink

Should there be a separate thread for commercials? There aren't exactly enough with FBBs, but a decent number.

[deleted]
Jun 08, 2021 - permalink

John Ritter lived all our fantasies in a film called Skin Deep. Where he picks up a random woman in a bar. Goes back to her place only to find out that she is a female bodybuilder. Played by the amazing Raye Hollit in her prime.

ive seen that scene to many times hahahaha

« first < prev Page 2 of 7 next > last »