Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Girls that were going to be great but QUIT!

« first < prev Page 7 of 20 next > last »
Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

Slava galagan was my favourite but i asked her don't stop bodybuilding & she replied she didn't stop bodybuilding but taking drugs & that reply made me unfollow her

fp909
Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

that's different--she no longer wanted to suffer the effects of the PED use (whatever she was taking). i'm not sure she will compete again, ever, so her training and nutrition has changed accordingly. also it seems like she's taking time to enjoy life right now, which is totally fine.

Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

Slava did the only smart thing, that decision actually made me fonder of her

fp909
Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

i agree, althouhg as a fan of her shape prior it's sad to know that particular look won't return, but i'm always glad to see people make positive changes for their lives

Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

Allison Frahn comes to mind. She was a superstar in the figure category and always placed top 5 or even winning her shows. Then 1 day she stopped posting workout videos and updates on her IG. Now she posts from time to time but rarely now. Sad because she was a knockout and was killing the competition. She hasn't competed in about 5 years.

Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

Yeah pretty amazing!

Mar 19, 2021 - permalink

I was a big fan of Allison Cote. She could have gone to the top in her class. She's still got an IG account but appears to have stopped competing in 2017. She's not the least bit jacked anymore.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

Slava did the only smart thing, that decision actually made me fonder of her

She could have worked harder in natural way but she seem to choose the easy way that made her quit

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

that's different--she no longer wanted to suffer the effects of the PED use (whatever she was taking). i'm not sure she will compete again, ever, so her training and nutrition has changed accordingly. also it seems like she's taking time to enjoy life right now, which is totally fine.

Ya, she was my favourite & she even did private videos i miss those, for example look at jesicca sestrem she's enjoying life & maintaining her body simultaneously

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

She could have worked harder in natural way but she seem to choose the easy way that made her quit

She can do what she likes, who are you to judge?

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

She can do what she likes, who are you to judge?

It's not called judging! She wouldn't be my fav if i judged her

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

It's not called judging! She wouldn't be my fav if i judged her

But you have judged her. You asserted she chose the easy way and quit.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

With women like Slava Galagan, Anastasia Papoutsaki, Yeon Woo Jhi, etc., just be glad that these beauties were willing to juice up and show it off for us in the first place. Most pretty women don't take up lifting weights, let alone taking steroids. Even if we only get to enjoy it for a little while, at least we get to enjoy it.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

With women like Slava Galagan, Anastasia Papoutsaki, Yeon Woo Jhi, etc., just be glad that these beauties were willing to juice up and show it off for us in the first place. Most pretty women don't take up lifting weights, let alone taking steroids. Even if we only get to enjoy it for a little while, at least we get to enjoy it.

Totally agree. Enjoy them while we can.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

True

Mar 20, 2021 - edited Jun 08, 2021 - permalink

Chantelle Pepin, a French-Canadian woman, competed for a time and got beautifully built up and very lean. She said working out so much and being so lean was hard on her body, and that she wasn't big enough to compete with great success. That's a shame, because I love her solid, lean, all-natural look! This pic was originally posted on the old Herbiceps website, and can be found elsewhere on this site. She actually saw it by chance and wrote that she was very glad not to miss it. Looks like this pic elsewhere on here was removed. I wonder why, as she really loved seeing it posted, and I think she looks fantastic.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

But you have judged her. You asserted she chose the easy way and quit.

Who cares? He can judge whatever he wants. What he did wrong was to assume that using PEDs is the "easy way". That means he doesn't know what he's talking about. Training with PEDs is actually harder on the body than training without anabolics. But because he's uninformed, he used a lazy, flippant remark in a way that was intended to insult her work.

Mar 20, 2021 - permalink

Just a few of my old time favs that seemingly has vanished (read quit - modelling and competing). Margo Napoli - she was more of a model, don´t think she even compete but she is my all time crush in the fitness world. Dina Al Sabah - I think she "quit" once and did a comeback. Now she seems to have quit completly? Danielle Edwards - Another fitness competitor and model who had all the right things to become a legend but she kind a dropped off back in 2006ish something. Samantha Baker - fitness. Is she still around? Jennifer Jewell - fitness whom was really impressive. Sara Picken-Brown - fitness. Huong Arcinas - fitness. so lovely to look at. Seems that she quit in 2012. Julie Ann Kulla - fitness. What a woman. Moorea Wolfe - came as a young talent and raised a few eyebrows, and more, then seemingly quit and is now an actress and stuntwoman.

fp909
Mar 27, 2021 - permalink

Amanda Lau is another big one for me that I had kind of forgotten about.

She was one of the first bodybuilders I was able to track progress using instagram, and she was a regular poster for a couple of years. In my eyes she was the Michaela Aycock before Michaela was around. Just absolutely massive.

I was lucky enough to do a skype session with her about ten years ago that I wish I still had the recording of. She had a very short lived cam "career" and IIRC this came after her shoot with herbiceps, so she was a bit larger than that. if anyone remembers the now-defunct AthleteHomePage site, it was the only true competitor to HBC at the time but never got much traction. that's where i connected with her and some others.

idk if anyone followed her at the time also but she competed a few times and then started making some body comp changes, also stopped being as active on social media. eventually she started blocking or removing people, myself included (this was long before i was DMing women about videos) and then made her account private sometime in 2014/2015.

i suspected for a while that she might be lesbian and may not have liked the attention from men, but who knows. the last "recent" of her updates was probably 2015. she also started getting into motocross more consistently and she downsized before her exit.

I haven't done an exhaustive search but it looks like she has long ago scrubbed her internet presence. Fortunately for us she never messaged the admins asking for photo take downs, so either she is unaware or doesn't care. I suspect she went through some massive life changes, might have gotten married or just changed her name. she's somewhere around 30-33 so she's not old.

semi-related but i found it funny that the only other woman I frequented on AHP (a black bodybuilder I can't, for the life of me, remember her name) came out maybe 2 years ago. Makes me wonder how many users on HBC are and tolerate that sort of attention from men because of the money.

i genuinely hope that she's ok. i recently found out about two amateur bodybuilders, Gen villenueve and another woman around the same age who both died around 2 years ago. No info on their deaths makes me think it was suicide and I know Gen had mental health concerns and had dabbled in drugs.

Mar 27, 2021 - permalink

Who cares? He can judge whatever he wants. What he did wrong was to assume that using PEDs is the "easy way". That means he doesn't know what he's talking about. Training with PEDs is actually harder on the body than training without anabolics. But because he's uninformed, he used a lazy, flippant remark in a way that was intended to insult her work.

LMAO, who doesn't know what they're talking about?!?!

[deleted]
Mar 27, 2021 - permalink

MOOREA WOLFE

Mar 29, 2021 - permalink

There was this woman named Fiona Mahjoor who had one of the greatest sets of wings I ever done seen but she never formally competed and as far as I know, no longer uses any public social media profiles to show off her progress.

Mar 29, 2021 - permalink

Georgina McConnell was a great FBB. Her look was awesome. Jennifer Broomfield the same thing.

Mar 29, 2021 - edited Mar 29, 2021 - permalink
Deleted by cgsweat
Mar 29, 2021 - permalink

I was going to say Jennifer Bloomfield as well. I so would have loved to see what would happen had she stayed with it as a bodybuilder.

« first < prev Page 7 of 20 next > last »