Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Confessions/unpopular opinions

« first < prev Page 3 of 20 next > last »
Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

I’m a thin guy and don’t live the bodybuilder lifestyle, so I can’t even imagine meeting an fbb in person unless I was a paying customer. None of these woman give a real shit about me even if I’ve gotten to know them on cam, and realistically I’m just a pathetic weak man who’s gawking over strong woman.

My question to you is: what's stopping you from actually getting into a gym and lifting? You don't have to live a strict bodybuilding lifestyle if you don't want to, but you should at least make an effort to get in shape and put yourself in environments where you can interact with those fit and strong women other than just being another cam customer.

Buff women are pissed off when weak, unattractive and socially awkward males fawn over them, it probably makes them feel insecure.

No, they're not, and they don't. Why would they get pissed if someone finds them attractive, even if they are "weak"? The vast majority of buff women that I know find it flattering when someone finds them attractive. What they don't like, as I have said many times before, is when dudes wear their fetish fully on their sleeve and basically reduce them to a fetish object when they interact with them.

I know I keep repeating this, but it's very frustrating as a guy who is attracted to muscular women and empathizes with other men who are also attracted to them but struggle with certain aspects of it to see so many steadfastly reject actually doing the things that will help them meet muscular women, like lifting and getting into the fitness community, and instead resign themselves to never putting themselves out there are expressing their sorrows in forums like this. Furthermore, I think it also perpetuates myths about those buff women that are not true: like the people who claim that strong women "hate" weak men (they don't and at worst are merely indifferent) and that they get pissed off when a guy weaker than them finds them attractive. From all the fit women I have met through my tenure as a strength athlete, not one of them gave a shit about being stronger than guys, nor did they look down on guys who couldn't squat or bench or whatever as much as them. Are there SOME women out there who hate and/or look down on weak men? Of course, but they are the vast exception and not the rule. And if you find that the majority of fit women have negative interactions with you, it honestly is probably more to do with the way that you are communication and presenting yourself as towards them, versus you being a "weak" guy.

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

I find BB competitions extremely boring as a process, even more so when I attend.

Sure, some routines among the lot may be interesting and whatnot but I can hardly be bothered.

And the smell of those tanning lotions drives me up the wall. It feels like I'm being force-fed Vicks cream.

I usually find myself doing the rounds at the expo part, actually checking out products and whatnot.

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

(maybe) unpopular opinion: I'm less into it in pics and vids when the woman has like, a bubbly friendly smile. I want to see some attitude, some 'unhh you like that dont you'

fp909
Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

I really dislike competitions in general. Don’t really like the final look. Wish the look was closer to 4-5 weeks out for a little health and more muscle fullness.

Also think it’s so funny when figure calls it a routine. You twirl in a slow circle that’s it

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

I really dislike competitions in general. Don’t really like the final look. Wish the look was closer to 4-5 weeks out for a little health and more muscle fullness.

Also think it’s so funny when figure calls it a routine. You twirl in a slow circle that’s it

Funny thing about figure girls, and I know quite a few, they all love to flex. In the gym, backstage, or just in public in general, they all love to show the muscle they've built... I don't understand how you can love the muscles you've built and then go on stage in a category where you can't flex them.

But then if I understood women, life would be much easier.......

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

I AM SO TIRED OF VIKINGS! Sure they were good warriors and all but... oh this is a female muscle thread... Well in that case, I'm personally tired of wondering why a guy sees a muscular woman and instantly wonders if she could or couldn't beat him up. Who cares?

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

Yeah.

On a semi-related note my personal confession/unpopular opinion would be my intense and utter hatred for the wellness division and their stupid poses. They look fucking ridiculous.

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

This may not be an unpopular opinion, but I don't think any tattoo makes any woman more attractive; has only the opposite effect. The number and size of tattoos on already beautiful girls vs 10 years ago is astonishing. Not sure who or what started this trend of so many people (guys and girls) getting tats, but I hope it eventually fades away.

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

The comically large implants some get are great. It adds to the fantasy element

Yes. Muscle or implants, go big or go home.

Chainer
Sep 10, 2023 - edited Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

Confession:

There are some few words/phrases/mannerisms that users do on here that really annoy me:

• "Mass monster"
  • "goddess", variations of "worship"
  • Most use of emojis in image comments, especially: 🥵 💦 🍆 😋 🤤 and similar
  • "I exploded"
  • "lick"
  • "throbbing"

Depending on the context I may not take moderator action for some of these alone, but they certainly make me lean in that direction if it's at all close.

Sep 10, 2023 - permalink

The figure posing hand motions all the girls seem to do now. I have an irrational hatred for this phenomenon.

example here, think she has one of the best bodies ever but I find the hand motions so distracting:

Sep 10, 2023 - edited Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

(maybe) unpopular opinion: I'm less into it in pics and vids when the woman has like, a bubbly friendly smile.

I'm into those that look calm, friendly or intelligent, but in a natural way. This excludes most intentional so-called nerdy poses. And I always thought that it is more normal and more "adult" to like a sexy, tempting, challenging or haughty attitude.

Not sure who or what started this trend of so many people (guys and girls) getting tats, but I hope it eventually fades away.

I doubt it is going away any time soon. It is because of what is commonly understood as constituting a personality nowadays. When people do not understand that a personality is a matter of interacting, not a matter of being seen, they think they can wear their personality on their skin, so to speak. You always see the tats but you really don't interact with anyone's tattoo.

Not only does it advertise to everyone, at least in their mind, what they think they are, as if some birds, skulls, Chinese characters, banners or hearts were somehow unequivocal, but it also reminds themselves of who they supposedly are.

Well in that case, I'm personally tired of wondering why a guy sees a muscular woman and instantly wonders if she could or couldn't beat him up.

This is because very few people understand that physical strength is only a very small part of coming on top in a physical altercation. Knives and guns beat bare hands almost every time. Surprise and morale and determination, also guts and willingness to escalate, not to mention experience and willingness to keep going. First problem is always that they don't want to fight. Then very few of them know how to fight. Then even fewer are willing to continue once hit a time or two. Everyone's got a plan until he gets punched in the face.

Also, average people often try to avoid physical conflict by posturing and threatening, which includes telegraphing one's moves. This is also why domestic violence and abusive relationships usually break a person mentally, which often saves a lot on physical violence. This is why trained fighters do their best to learn to avoid telegraphing their moves.

Yours is a popular opinion, though not many understand why. People who know how to fight or who have at least studied violence and martial arts academically don't ask those kinds of questions. To them that ask, violence is not about neutralizing a threat or achieving a goal but more about wanting to know if she could be a domineering and overpowering mother to them.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

Couple more opinions.

• It's annoying to see how many muscular athletes (men and women,) insist on captioning pictures of their physiques or downright thirst traps with an "inspirational" caption or post. The worst examples are when someone posts a caption of "I want to promote body positivity and you should feel good about your body!" while posting a picture of them ridiculously ripped under ideal lighting and posing, and when someone tries to virtue signal on their caption while posting another physique picture (I remember one bodybuilder who I immediately unfollowed use a tragedy of Ameriacan soldiers who got killed in Afghanistan and an excuse to "honor" them by posting pictures of her flexing in a Stars and Stripes bikini, and Dani Speegle posting about the wildfires in Maui accompanied by a thirst trap pic.) Posting physique pictures and thirst traps is no big deal, but people need to stop using them as vehicles for contrived and hollow "motivational" messages. While I do like and am attracted to strong, muscular women, I do believe and support true body positivity (read, not an excuse to let youself go, but honoring your body for what it can do and treating it with love and respect,) but posting a picture of a shredded and more than likely "enhanced" physique while promoting people to "love your body!" comes across as tone deaf.

• The music that is played in a lot of fitness reels is fucking terrible. It usually some awful EDM like dubstep or nightclub shit that has the exact same drops, or some mumble rap, or at worst a mashup of the two.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

Couple more opinions.

• It's annoying to see how many muscular athletes (men and women,) insist on captioning pictures of their physiques or downright thirst traps with an "inspirational" caption or post. The worst examples are when someone posts a caption of "I want to promote body positivity and you should feel good about your body!" while posting a picture of them ridiculously ripped under ideal lighting and posing, and when someone tries to virtue signal on their caption while posting another physique picture (I remember one bodybuilder who I immediately unfollowed use a tragedy of Ameriacan soldiers who got killed in Afghanistan and an excuse to "honor" them by posting pictures of her flexing in a Stars and Stripes bikini, and Dani Speegle posting about the wildfires in Maui accompanied by a thirst trap pic.) Posting physique pictures and thirst traps is no big deal, but people need to stop using them as vehicles for contrived and hollow "motivational" messages. While I do like and am attracted to strong, muscular women, I do believe and support true body positivity (read, not an excuse to let youself go, but honoring your body for what it can do and treating it with love and respect,) but posting a picture of a shredded and more than likely "enhanced" physique while promoting people to "love your body!" comes across as tone deaf.

• The music that is played in a lot of fitness reels is fucking terrible. It usually some awful EDM like dubstep or nightclub shit that has the exact same drops, or some mumble rap, or at worst a mashup of the two.

Oh, yeah. I forgot about the inspiration quotes. What a joke.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

My unpopular opinion is that tattoos are fine actually and don't diminish people's attractiveness.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

On a semi-related note my personal confession/unpopular opinion would be my intense and utter hatred for the wellness division and their stupid poses. They look fucking ridiculous.

I really can't understand the purpose behind their poses. Even the way they sache onto the stage looks super awkward and unnatural.

cgsweat
Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

I really can't understand the purpose behind their poses. Even the way they sache onto the stage looks super awkward and unnatural.

They're trying desperately to market the division to a broader audience while trying to maintain the pageantry of it. Yes, the result looks a bit ridiculous. Women with muscles that large should just flex them, in a much more creative routine that includes more poses.

I'm actually surprised I haven't heard anyone calling the division sexist for its current setup of mandatory poses. Turning your ass towards the judges, poking it out and bending forward just doesn't strike me as the most "empowering" look for a woman on stage. But I'm not a woman and maybe they actually like doing it... shrugs

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

Couple more opinions.

Yea i agree with both opinions its quite tasteless i think they are just are used to posting sexy pics they forgot when its not appropriate. and the background music in most videos these days is so bad it seems like a joke. its hard to believe someone is actually listening to it for fun and not just as a joke. i normally just mute everything. but sometimes you have videos were the sound can make it better .like the water melon crushing videos .but even they got really bad music and usually a dog will end up jumping in front of the camera. causing me to feel great cringe.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

Another thing i really don't like that some fbbs do on social media is posting pics of her family .and then the next post will be a seductive post about her onlyfans.

Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

> I thought a touch of info on background/history for Futa might be useful.

interestingly, while the genre name did stem from Japan, it was influenced by us. That may just be the anime in particular, because the word (futanari) was maybe already around and since they had males playing female parts in theater there was already a history of traditionally female characters with traditionally male characteristics.

looks like futa is pretty flexible and can be whatever you want it to be in whatever work. I've written it. Breasts or none, some kind of combo of penis, testicles, vagina, whatever the story requires really.

Thanks Fp! Futa is really nothing more than a form of Art. Everything goes and you are correct to note that the Futa Artform has been highly influenced from the USA...originally a Japanese artform. But reasonable people take exception to persons using Futa as a cudgel to stamp out other ideas. That is a Red Flag about something else entirely.

fp909
Sep 11, 2023 - permalink

On the walk:

It makes me immediately think of the fake woman/robot in Mars Attacks with the overly exaggerated “feminine” walk. I love the confident walk way more.

On tats:

Could not care less about non bodybuilders, an can excuse people who get tats and then turn to bodybuilding, but getting massive sleeves or whatever as an active bodybuilder where you’re judged on your image and covering up things. I loved Mandy squires but her sleeve was heartbreaking on those arms. Same with Natasha Aughey. Same with Vivian Roberge.

On captions:

It’s hilarious how early on Instagram and Facebook this started occurring. It was Pretty much immediate

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

They're trying desperately to market the division to a broader audience while trying to maintain the pageantry of it. Yes, the result looks a bit ridiculous. Women with muscles that large should just flex them, in a much more creative routine that includes more poses.

I'm actually surprised I haven't heard anyone calling the division sexist for its current setup of mandatory poses. Turning your ass towards the judges, poking it out and bending forward just doesn't strike me as the most "empowering" look for a woman on stage. But I'm not a woman and maybe they actually like doing it... shrugs

They should go back to the drawing board and implement poses that highlight their personality, poise, and most of all their muscularity. It's like they were being lazy and kept the bikini poses intact and made it look even more awkward than it already was.

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

They should go back to the drawing board and implement poses that highlight their personality, poise, and most of all their muscularity. It's like they were being lazy and kept the bikini poses intact and made it look even more awkward than it already was.

I've said it many times (and I'm probably gonna say it a few thousand more): Quarter Turns and high heels make no sense in the fbb world.

The women struggle to build muscle mass...just to pose like mannequins or cattle. Leave QTs fot the initial lineup presentation, but in the individual routines, allow for 1:00 of free posing and that's it. It's obvious from their social media pics they want to flex & pose like fbbs, so why not let them show their achievements the way they like it? It gets sillier with the bigger divisions, like Figure, Bodyfitness and Wellness: some competitors are basically pure muscle, and you see them struggling to walk in high heels and trying to look "graceful".

Oh, and here's my unpopular opinion: implants should be penalized.

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

Girls pinching the skin on their stomachs to show their low BF weirds me out. Flex your abs if you want to flaunt, dont stretch your skin

[deleted]
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

Eunhee Kang is overrated and ugly

Overrated? She’s not even that prominent on this site. Ugly? Come on buddy. You may not think she’s attractive but this woman would still be cute even if she wasn’t a beefcake.

« first < prev Page 3 of 20 next > last »