Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Who would be on the Mt. Rushmore of female bodybuilders?

cgsweat
Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Imagine an alternate reality where female bodybuilders weren't just mainstream, but revered in modern society. The Mt. Rushmore as we know it today would instead have 4 faces of the most popular and influential female bodybuilders of all time. Who would they be?

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Cory Everson, Bev Francis, Lenda Murray, and Iris Kyle, despite differing opinions about her.

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Rachel McLish, Corey Everson, Lensa Murray, and Andrea Shaw.

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Cory Everson, Lenda Murray, Andrea Shaw, and Christa Bauch

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Cory Everson, Lenda Murray, Andrea Shaw, and Christa Bauch

Agree with this, Christa might not have won an Olympia, but she's one of the most popular FBBs among us fans. Her WPW videos are very popular and iconic.

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

McLish, Everson, Murray, Kyle

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Cory, Lenda, Kim, Iris Bev and Andrea as close contenders

Apr 27, 2024 - permalink

Iris, Cory, Kim, Lenda

Andrea stands as heir-in-waiting.

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Cory, lenda, kim, dayana..I know iris should be there but I believe dayana and margie got shafted by judges. Margie should have atleast 2 Ms O titles

cgsweat
Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Everyone who is saying Kim is referring to Kim Chizevsky?

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Everyone who is saying Kim is referring to Kim Chizevsky?

I would assume so, she's a 4-time Ms. Olympia

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Yaxeni Betty Pariso

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

I mean this question pretty much devolves to who won the most Olympia's. Really this convo starts and ends with Lenda & Cory. There the only ones I've seen get any sort of acclaim inside and outside of the BB community.

Who was the first fbb to own her own website to push out content to her fans for a price? Idk.

Who was the first fbb to really take advantage of social media? Idk that answer either.

So take Cory & Lenda. Add the names to those 2 questions. And that would be the Mt. Rushmore.

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Who was the first fbb to really take advantage of social media? Idk that answer either.

Maybe Dana Linn Bailey? I considered her, but I felt not adding Iris would be a disservice, considering her number of Olympia wins. But Dana has been highly influential for a lot of current bodybuilders.

Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

Maybe Dana Linn Bailey? I considered her, but I felt not adding Iris would be a disservice, considering her number of Olympia wins. But Dana has been highly influential for a lot of current bodybuilders.

Yeah she was the first person I thought of as well. Seeing her success every other fbb with any sort of following to build has tried to model what she did. Hard not to see her influence.

Apr 28, 2024 - edited Apr 28, 2024 - permalink

McLish, Everson, Murray, Kyle

I agree with this list. Encapsulates the development of FBB over the years. Andrea is maybe a little too young to be placed on Mount Rushmore yet, but will clearly be worthy of addition later.

Apr 29, 2024 - edited Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

Rachel McLish, Corey Everson...

Interestingly enough, I actually prefer the original Ms Olympia contestants and their look. Back then, they weren't the huge all-muscle bound, roided up machines they are now. I wonder if women like McLish and Everson were natty or if they just kept it at light usage.

Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

Everson was definitely using. McLish did an interview criticizing drug abuse in the sport

Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

Rachel McLish, Corey Everson, and Lenda Murray, for sure. Not sure about #4.

Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

For me it would be Cory Everson, Betty Pariso, Lenda Murray and Andrea Shaw.

Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

For me it would be Cory Everson, Betty Pariso, Lenda Murray and Andrea Shaw.

Real talk, I always thought Betty was underrated. She's literally given her life to this!

Apr 29, 2024 - permalink

Christa Bauch and Alina Popa. Cory Everson and Bev Frances as pioneers

3 days ago - permalink

Rachel McLish, Cory Everson, Lenda Murray, and Kim Chizevsky. I need a Pantheon.

3 days ago - permalink

What? No Annie Rivecchio?

3 days ago - permalink

correct answer is: lockwood, bauch, hoshor, alves

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »