Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why are negative comments permitted at all?

cgsweat
Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

this should be even less censored but at least the censorship is consistent and makes sense i think the one thing that i dislike is that they dont seem to allow for much off topic talk and unrealistic fantasies

That's true. "Unrealistic fantasies" aren't allowed in the "General/Nonfiction" section of the forum. There are other sections where it would be more appropriate.

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

That's true. "Unrealistic fantasies" aren't allowed in the "General/Nonfiction" section of the forum. There are other sections where it would be more appropriate.

Even in the fantasy section a lot of stuff gets deleted when it's about things that are impossible in real life

Chainer
Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I do delete low-effort fantasizing everywhere on the forum, where the poster types out a sentence or two of something outlandish and then waits for other people to do all the work.

Generally speaking I don't censor based on the content of people's posts (i.e., what you say)* but I do censor on how you say it, so negative comments are fine as long as you're sufficiently civil about it, not spammy, etc.

* Other than extremes like pedo stuff or inflammatory political views out of nowhere that, left unchecked, derail the conversation.

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I think it's quite difficult to balance out freedom of expression while keeping some sort of order around.

I've been vocal of how much I despise schmoes who feel the need to shout their fetishization to the skies (which leads to a lot of girls being creeped out rightfully so), but I don't think every comment like that should be removed. Well maybe the ones that are obscene.

On the flip side, I've seen a few negative comments being removed calling out some girls as nazis because of some tattoos. On the hypothetical scenario that these are true allegations, I don't think it should be censored information.

This might be too niche of an example but the point is that if these sort of "negative comments" are to be allowed, then much less serious ones shouldn't be censored.

Honestly, I sort of miss the golden age of admiration for girls who lift where people would keep their dirty business to themselves. Y'all made it too easy for that guy who does podcasts to show a lot of girls the worst of the site and they left, rightfully so.

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I think it's quite difficult to balance out freedom of expression while keeping some sort of order around.

THAT. I mean ... you can't set a lot of rules to regulate "dumbness". Some people will always claim to have the freedom to post their offensive and unasked judgment, and I have seen a lot of comments from people who really believe it's important to bloat out their negative view about a pose, person, tattoo, whatever. And I guess they won't ever care if the person they judge would read it and get offended... yey virtual anonymity.

In my oppinion it should be a healthy and respectful behavior to be friendly, open and tolerant towards any people (yea this does have limits of course). That doesn't need to mean you love them or favor their art and dedication. It's just a normal way to behave while interacting. I doubt many of those bad comments would be given if they were facing the model on the image and talk to them. But I'm also sure SOME were so impolite and ignorant that they WOULD tell them they're ugly or whatever.

So it's all about the question: Why do people neeeeeed to judge others in a negative way? This isn't a site to "rate" the models or images that way. You can vote it up if it's your thing, you can leave it aside if it isn't. Isn't that hard, so why stick with models or content that you don't like and why even do the "effort" of commenting it then?

Surely you can't censor or regulate that, and I guess that's a haaaard work for the lovely mods to get this sorted. Maybe it would be easier to rate comments/accounts xD

May 18, 2024 - permalink

what a stupid idea. i cant believe how many people actually enjoy existing in echo chambers

tamarok
May 22, 2024 - permalink

Websites should be treated as private venues, with house rules and a certain decorum. Even more so when a forum is involved. This means there is a limit to free speech, to fit the house rules. If someone is not happy with said house rules, then there are plenty of other sites to go to. Also, certain forms of free speech aren’t free of consenquence in the larger world.

As mods we generally try to be hands off, unless people start doing or saying uncivil stuff, or needing to deal with the other scenarios Chainer brought up.

May 22, 2024 - permalink

Websites should be treated as private venues, with house rules and a certain decorum. Even more so when a forum is involved. This means there is a limit to free speech, to fit the house rules. If someone is not happy with said house rules, then there are plenty of other sites to go to. Also, certain forms of free speech aren’t free of consenquence in the larger world.

As mods we generally try to be hands off, unless people start doing or saying uncivil stuff, or needing to deal with the other scenarios Chainer brought up.

Well yes, the owner or moderator or whatever you want to call it would and should make that decision. And that’s fine. The problem is when people that don’t fit that category think their opinion is correct and anyone that thinks differently than them is wrong and shouldn’t be allowed to speak.

[deleted]
May 22, 2024 - permalink

Tale as old as time. This is exactly why Reddit has been a disaster for years.

May 22, 2024 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

The problem with free speech is exactly that it allows speech that is free as in zero effort.

[deleted]
May 22, 2024 - permalink

To be succinct, just because everyone has a voice doesn’t mean that everyone should exercise the ability to propagate their voice at every turn

We used to have secrets and now people reveal anything and everything for various reasons. Also, some people are stupid. Also, some people think “free speech” means no consequences

May 22, 2024 - permalink

what a stupid idea. i cant believe how many people actually enjoy existing in echo chambers

10000000000% People have been banned for "negative" comments. I do not enjoy being in an echo chamber either.

May 22, 2024 - permalink

Negative can be subjective, especially in this type of context. I actually can’t stand when people think their opinions matter more than anyone else’s. Who gets to decide what’s negative? The OP? See, doesn’t work. This just says basically, “I think something so everyone else needs to think and say the same things I would or they shouldn’t be allowed to speak.”

1000000000%

[deleted]
May 22, 2024 - permalink

There’s a diff between saying:

“I don’t really think she came in her best for the show here” or “ I was pretty surprised that she decided to downsize or change her fitness goals”

And

“She looked terrible at the show, bloated, masculine etc.” and “man she really let herself go”

Too many of yall are levying criticisms that are Overly harsh or too critical and SOME of yall leave the same Kind of comments on socials and are confused when you get blocked.

May 22, 2024 - permalink

> Who cares what others think? Seeking to eliminate any criticism makes you seem like a simp.

Correct

100000000%

May 22, 2024 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

(I think an upvote/downvote system would be nice for the forums too)

Mob justice is always nice.

May 23, 2024 - permalink

@zarklephaser4 there is no such thing as hate speech. Well, not in a context that can be defined. Because it’s subjective, you could call ANYTHING you don’t like hate speech. Which means it doesn’t exist.

Saying you would ban any type of speech shows a real lack of intelligence. And it is disappointing. Both “nice” and “truth” can absolutely be subjective. Who’s going to decide that? You? Obviously in a private setting, it’s completely up to owner, etc. But just saying you’d like to only keep “nice” comments and “truths” shows me how narrow minded people can be. And how there’s a feeling that your opinion matters and that your opinion should be others’ opinions so therefore it is a truth.

May 23, 2024 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

there is no such thing as hate speech. Well, not in a context that can be defined.

You actually can construct an oddball philosophical definition for it.

May 23, 2024 - edited May 23, 2024 - permalink

I'm a great believer in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." We're all here to enjoy incredible physiques and beautiful women so why do we need negativity permeating this space? What purpose does it serve the people here?

Most the negativity seems to come from prejudices and cultural/political viewpoints that will, at best, only be shared by a subset of users here. Rest of us don't care or don't agree.

People getting upset about potential censorship and attacks on free speech are missing this l the point: if someone said what we see under comments to a person in real life, they'd really hurt the girl, or maybe find out with a punch in the face from a massive boyfriend.

So, just like IRL, don't hide behind anonymity, don't be an arse, don't hurt people just because you're angry for some reason. That's not to say no negativity at all, but there's certainly ways of saying things that don't cause more upset than is needed.

May 23, 2024 - permalink

I'm a great believer in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all." We're all here to enjoy incredible physiques and beautiful women so why do we need negativity permeating this space? What purpose does it serve the people here?

Most the negativity seems to come from prejudices and cultural/political viewpoints that will, at best, only be shared by a subset of users here. Rest of us don't care or don't agree.

People getting upset about potential censorship and attacks on free speech are missing this l the point: if someone said what we see under comments to a person in real life, they'd really hurt the girl, or maybe find out with a punch in the face from a massive boyfriend.

So, just like IRL, don't hide behind anonymity, don't be an arse, don't hurt people just because you're angry for some reason. That's not to say no negativity at all, but there's certainly ways of saying things that don't cause more upset than is needed.

Well said Blueglow!

May 27, 2024 - edited Jul 13, 2024 - permalink

I'm a great believer in "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all."

No matter how great you are, for any serious discussion it's a bad idea.

May 27, 2024 - permalink

I'm enjoying reading this thread every time there's an update.

It has everything. Misogyny. A total lack of education and understanding on the 1st Ammendment. Rambling textbook-length posts by Zarklephaser. Butthurt-ed-ness. Hell there's even transphobia and bigotry. This thread has it all!

Whenever anyone asks WHY DON'T MORE WOMEN WANT TO TALK ON THE FORUM?!? I'll just post a link to this discussion as Exhibit A.

« first < prev Page 3 of 5 next > last »