Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why are negative comments permitted at all?

cgsweat
Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

this should be even less censored but at least the censorship is consistent and makes sense i think the one thing that i dislike is that they dont seem to allow for much off topic talk and unrealistic fantasies

That's true. "Unrealistic fantasies" aren't allowed in the "General/Nonfiction" section of the forum. There are other sections where it would be more appropriate.

Mar 12, 2024 - permalink

That's true. "Unrealistic fantasies" aren't allowed in the "General/Nonfiction" section of the forum. There are other sections where it would be more appropriate.

Even in the fantasy section a lot of stuff gets deleted when it's about things that are impossible in real life

Chainer
Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I do delete low-effort fantasizing everywhere on the forum, where the poster types out a sentence or two of something outlandish and then waits for other people to do all the work.

Generally speaking I don't censor based on the content of people's posts (i.e., what you say)* but I do censor on how you say it, so negative comments are fine as long as you're sufficiently civil about it, not spammy, etc.

* Other than extremes like pedo stuff or inflammatory political views out of nowhere that, left unchecked, derail the conversation.

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I think it's quite difficult to balance out freedom of expression while keeping some sort of order around.

I've been vocal of how much I despise schmoes who feel the need to shout their fetishization to the skies (which leads to a lot of girls being creeped out rightfully so), but I don't think every comment like that should be removed. Well maybe the ones that are obscene.

On the flip side, I've seen a few negative comments being removed calling out some girls as nazis because of some tattoos. On the hypothetical scenario that these are true allegations, I don't think it should be censored information.

This might be too niche of an example but the point is that if these sort of "negative comments" are to be allowed, then much less serious ones shouldn't be censored.

Honestly, I sort of miss the golden age of admiration for girls who lift where people would keep their dirty business to themselves. Y'all made it too easy for that guy who does podcasts to show a lot of girls the worst of the site and they left, rightfully so.

Mar 13, 2024 - permalink

I think it's quite difficult to balance out freedom of expression while keeping some sort of order around.

THAT. I mean ... you can't set a lot of rules to regulate "dumbness". Some people will always claim to have the freedom to post their offensive and unasked judgment, and I have seen a lot of comments from people who really believe it's important to bloat out their negative view about a pose, person, tattoo, whatever. And I guess they won't ever care if the person they judge would read it and get offended... yey virtual anonymity.

In my oppinion it should be a healthy and respectful behavior to be friendly, open and tolerant towards any people (yea this does have limits of course). That doesn't need to mean you love them or favor their art and dedication. It's just a normal way to behave while interacting. I doubt many of those bad comments would be given if they were facing the model on the image and talk to them. But I'm also sure SOME were so impolite and ignorant that they WOULD tell them they're ugly or whatever.

So it's all about the question: Why do people neeeeeed to judge others in a negative way? This isn't a site to "rate" the models or images that way. You can vote it up if it's your thing, you can leave it aside if it isn't. Isn't that hard, so why stick with models or content that you don't like and why even do the "effort" of commenting it then?

Surely you can't censor or regulate that, and I guess that's a haaaard work for the lovely mods to get this sorted. Maybe it would be easier to rate comments/accounts xD

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »