Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Suggestion: Unsubscribe from all image threads button

Nov 27, 2023 - edited Nov 27, 2023 - permalink

A quote from this thread:

This subscription system works similarly with Image threads. You may have noticed that every image on the main site provides the option to leave comments. Many images already have comments under them. If you wish to subscribe to a certain image, you will receive notifications each time a user leaves a new comment. The blue subscribe button is located in the bottom right corner of every image page (under the image, above the comment section). This is useful for following an interesting discussion, or tracking the name of an unnamed image (sometimes users will comment the correct name for an image, which you will only receive a notification for if you are subscribed to that image).

Is there an option to unsubscribe from all comment threads simultaneously, or would it be difficult to implement a one-click option to do so? I'm finding quite often I get notifications for thread updates that I commented on years ago and couldn't care less about anymore. I'd just as soon remove myself from all subscriptions on occasion, but there doesn't seem to be a way to unsubscribe from them until you visit the image itself, and that's only for that one particular image.

Alternatively I suppose setting the default reaction to a comment to not subscribe and then just let people choose what they're interested in following by clicking the button would accomplish the same thing, but it seems it would cater to more people with something like the first suggestion.

Sorry for the bold huge text, it's doing that on its own.

Nov 28, 2023 - permalink

I'd rather have the ability to search for all the images you're currently subscribed to.

The huge text is there because those lines begin with hashes (#). That's the wrong way to quote here. The closing angle bracket (>) is what you should use.

Nov 28, 2023 - permalink

Got it.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »