Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Site Features You May Not Have Been Aware Of

cgsweat
Oct 03, 2021 - permalink

This thread is to highlight site features that users seem to underutilize. This is my opinion formed from observation, and so you're welcome to agree or disagree with me. However this thread will be more about providing information rather than discussing, and answering questions anyone might have.

The Messaging System

The site has a messaging system where you can send private messages (only readable by yourself and whoever you include in the message) to other users or site staff. This is good for keeping in touch with someone you met in chat, or perhaps continue a discussion you started with someone in the image or forum comments, or for getting help from the staff with a personal issue.

To access this feature, simply go to the top right corner of the screen to your username, and click the dropdown arrow to the right of your name. Click "Messages" at the top of the list and you can form your message from there.

The Chat Room

This can be found in the blue link bar at the top of the page, or by using this link. Here you can share your favorite site images with other users, using the same method in the forum (just copy the image page link and paste it into the text box, your thumbnail will appear when you send the message). But you can talk about anything in the chat, as long as you remain civil and respectful of each other.

Similar rules apply here as in the forum and the rest of the site. This should be obvious to everyone but for those who need to be told:

• No bigotry.
  • No minors. This includes users who are under 18 and sexual fantasies involving people under 18.
  • No spam. Do not send the same message (or type of message) repeatedly.
  • No harassment. If someone does not want to talk to you, do not persist. And do not berate other users in chat. This leads to heated arguments and ruins the experience for everyone else.

Moderators are not always in the chat room, however users can report messages that break any of these rules. If you'd like to report someone from the chat room, simply copy what they sent and paste it into a message to Site Staff. At that point we review what was said and determine if that user should be warned/banned.

There is a private messaging system where you can PM other users individually. Simply click the blue "PM" link next to their name and type your message. Some users do not have the PM link, and that just means they have disabled the PM feature. If you'd like to do the same (to prevent others from PM'ing you), just uncheck the "Enable personal messaging" box at the top of the list.

Girl of the Week

I'm sure most users see the image of the winner each week, although I'm not sure everyone knows about the voting process. Starting on Sunday each week (today as I post this to the forum), users can go to this link and submit an image of their favorite woman. However, submissions must follow this criteria:

• The image has to be on the site. This eliminates the possibility of submitting someone on the blacklist, or an image that doesn't follow the upload rules.
  • The woman needs to have never won GotW before. You may or may not know every woman who has ever won, but you can check by clicking the blue "Show previous Girls of the Week" text at the bottom of the list (above the comment section). Submissions still make it through where she has already won, however users are good at pointing them out and those submissions will be deleted at some point before the voting process is over.

Voting ends on Saturday night (or Sunday morning, depending on your time zone). You can vote on as many women as you'd like, but you can only submit one vote per woman.

Again, this was mostly for informing those who may have been unaware. If you have any questions, you're welcome to ask them here.

Oct 04, 2021 - permalink

Advanced search

The site has powerful advanced search options, which you can access by going to Images and clicking 'Advanced Search' below the search bar.

This way, you can not only search for the name of a girl, but also

Or a combination thereof: just pictures with 'dutch' in the comments, with the 'bodybuilder' tag, and sorted by the number of favorites.

cgsweat
Oct 04, 2021 - permalink

Thanks for that Elsie! 👍

I was debating whether to include this but I also ran out of time while writing it so I put it on hold.

Oct 04, 2021 - permalink

Maybe it's better to include my post in yours? I'm okay with that. You may want to change one of the examples.

Oct 08, 2021 - permalink

Since so many members ask name? name? name?, try checking the "Source" on the image page. Sometimes, you may find the answer to your question there. :)

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »