Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

How muscular are you?

(543 total votes)

Athletic: Well muscled, but far from your genetic limit (214, 39.4%)
Untrained/detrained: You have little muscle mass (157, 28.9%)
Beginner: New to the gym, beginner gains only (108, 19.9%)
Jacked: You are close to or at your natural limit (46, 8.5%)
Huge: You use steroids and are beyond your natural limit (18, 3.3%)
Sep 16, 2023 - permalink

There was a poll a while back about training and I wanted to see how muscular fans of GWM were! This is crude and imprecise but please select the answer that best describes you.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Untrained I suppose. I'm not noticeably muscular and I don't work out consistently (will hopefully change) but I'm quite strong believe it or not.

I could probably get really big if I pursued it, but I'm not really interested in being muscular myself despite finding it attractive on others. I would rather just be "in shape", much more athletic than I am currently, but not quite jacked.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Skinny fat

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Pretty muscular, above average but I got room to grow

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Very weak thin arms hands that don't look like a grown man's hands. I have been trying to get a little fitter by doing pushups against the wall and walking every day. but even things like jogging and proper pushups are too exhausting. and the workouts I do make no difference. I used to work out because I was forced to. but I kept getting fatter but then I stopped. and I also stopped getting fatter despite doing nothing.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Thanks for all the info! I will probably make a second poll later to get a little more precise on what athletic means and what bodyfat percentage people are at.

[deleted]
Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

I started training seriously 3 years ago, and built and pretty solid powerlifting like build. Even before this, muscular women were my type but just after training it's just increased my taste in them 10 fold

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Surprised at the amount of people on the poll describing themselves as athletic.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Probably not too close to my natural limit, but I'm still juicing because I have a demanding full time job and I want muscle growth as fast as possible. Plus being on gear gives me better conditioning and pumps.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Definitely a very athletic person. Not insanely muscular but I don’t want to be. I think mobility is important, and my line of work requires endurance on top of strength. There’s a point where too much muscle starts to inhibit mobility and endurance

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

I'm naturally skinny ectomorph at 5'6 started 117lbs. Lift regularly for about 9 years. Now around 158-162lbs. 15 inch arms. Maybe 15 to 18% bodyfat I don't take supplements nor juice.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

6'1 205. Been lifting regularly almost 10 years after work. Run 2-3x days a week in spring through fall. former college athlete.

Sep 17, 2023 - edited Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

6'1 195 currently an athlete in college (age 20). Been lifting seriously for the past 3 years, but grew up active and lifting. My prs are 250 bench, 335 squat, 400 deadlift. A few of my teammates have ran some cycles. So maybe in a year I might run one to see how it goes.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

6'2 220-230 depending on the season. SBD PR's are 350, 300, 530, my best OHP was 210 and I am a competitive armwrestler and within the top 5 of my weight class/country.

Hasn't helped me getting a jacked gf and more often than not I still feel like a dyel when I look in the mirror lol

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

8 years ago I was a total wimp - which was awesome for my muscle girl fetish 😁 but not very healthy. So I started working out at home (I don't like gyms). Now I have a decent physique, especially for a guy in his early fourties. 1.84 m, 92 kg, 46 cm biceps, 68 cm quads. But my problem now is that only the very rare muscle girls who are bigger than me are able to give me a fetish boner, lol.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

I am 36 y/o, 5’6” and weigh 160 with a body fat percentage usually between 10-12%. Pretty lean and I have a six pack and am strong, but I can’t get too shredded or else it’ll affect my performance in CrossFit.

Sep 18, 2023 - edited Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

I can't say that I am athletic and definitely not in shape but I have always been pretty strong which helps with the places I have worked have all been hard physical labor constantly moving heavy stuff. I would like to go back to a gym. It has been a long time since I have gone. Do I want to be jacked and shredded? Not really, and I don't have the discipline to obtain that. The main reason is to regain my strength and improve my health with a dash of I need stress relievers and hobbies. Currently, I work in healthcare and five years of 12 hour shifts have taken their toll. And no, I am not a medical professional.

Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

NPC men’s physique competitor. PED user.

Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

I'm 5'10", 210 lbs, BF about 10%. I lift 6 days a week and have been lifting for over 9 years now. Arms are about 17.75". I'd say I'm between jacked and huge. I chose huge but I'm probably more in between.

Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

I’m 6’1”, 180lbs. Been lifting on and off for a long time but never made really good progress. I started lifting more consistently about two and a half years ago and have seen some good progress but still nowhere near my goal. Currently, I’m going HAM for huge gains. I lift 7 days a week, climb 3x a week, and bike around 10 miles a day at minimum. My nutrition has been great and I’m sleeping a ton. Very excited to see how this pays off.

Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

I have been bigger but currently I’m 240 and 6’4. I don’t do heavy lifting as much because I now compete in Jiu Jitsu. I did a classic bodybuilding show and got down to 218 on stage completely dehydrated. When I did strongman I was sitting 260-270 and was deadlifting a little over 700

Sep 18, 2023 - permalink

5'10", 210 lbs, Functionally strong for my job, muscles don't really show other than my arms.

[deleted]
Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

5'10, 200lbs. Not as strong as I was a few years ago. Definitely have room to lean out and get stronger, but I have a lot going on right now so that isn't happening soon.

Sep 22, 2023 - permalink

5'11 200lbs. I'm "skinny-fat".

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »