Forum > Paysite Reviews > Thread

Fitvids UK shutting down?

M76
Aug 25, 2023 - edited Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I got a curious message from their newsletter saying they are shutting down the site due to the ill health of the owner?!

This is out of the blue just a week ago they were promoting their biggest update yet with no mention of any problems.

They claim they don't want to deal with a transfer of ownership and licenses, which quite frankly seems unbelievable to me.

This all sounds awfully fishy, is there any truth to this or were they hacked or WTF is going on?

Because the whole you got 48 hours to buy clips before the archives go away, sounds awfully like something a hacker would post who gained access to their account.

I just posted about that as also got the email,

It does seem very sudden. but ill health can also take a sudden turn, and change of priorities. Assuming the PayPal links are still legit (you could try a test purchase) , you would get refunded it they didn't deliver.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Man you would think they would leave the site open for a stream of income like a Clips4Sale format. Wouldn't be ideal but at least the content will still exist to be collected. Sucks when the only options are illegitimate to preserve the videos because FitVids has/had some of my favorite videos all time

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

That was a legitimate email. Not good news because they were very good at what they did but yes shocking. I'm going to miss these guys for sure. They put out some incredible videos and this is one less stream of fbb content we won't have. Every year they had updates on Anastasia Leonova and access to other really big name girls. Hate to see these clips disappear into obscurity that would be a loss as well.

Well boys you have slightly less than 48 hours to pony up to the bar one last time and get some great great fbb content. Enter theend for a 50% off coupon.

Sorry to see fitvids go..........

sigh.............

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

The email also says they have unreleased content they're going to put up on their "new site". I wonder if this is James going down with the ship, and the freelancers splitting off and doing their own thing? Again, super weird the site just won't remain open to collect revenue. I wonder if besides James' health if there's something else here.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I've never been a customer, although I'm well aware of some of the outstanding muscle women they've featured. Very sad to think another one bites the dust.

I wonder if this helps explain some of the incredible women to pop on her biceps.com. It's almost a dream scenario when Anastasia Leonova, Gaby Hejna, Towanda Smith, Melissa Brodsky and others, appear almost overnight!!

I'm not comparing features, pricing, or formats, between the sites but good gracious!! Those are some women who are very special.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

So sad to hear.

They should sell their library to herbiceps or someone else.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I'm in contact with them a lot. I know James the web guy has been struggling to balance his health with the desire to maintain the website. Truly some of the best content out there. I think there's talk of preserving their best content through the new endeavour but there's also the matter of making sure all of the athletes know this will be happening too. I spoke to Nick (the guy that shoots most of their stuff) and he told me they already have filmed content that has to be re-edited and prepared for a new venture. Also, being in the UK there's a lot of paperwork to make sure the new site complies with all new post-brexit rules online content. Sounds like a nightmare to me but I trust their resilience!

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

It seems to have already gone - there's just a notice saying it's closing from Midnight on the 27th August but no links to any content.

fp909
Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

yeah, looks liek if you were a subscriber maybe at any point (or idk on the email list) you got that link and then that will give you store acces but nothing front facing anymore. too bad.

like it looks like they're pivoting to a different site/venture but the old stuff will mostly be gone.

It did go through a few format changes as it was initially subscription based, then went to a clip site. Parts of the site were vandalised in October 2021, so slightly hacked - I reported it to them, they hadn't been aware, at the time I had a brief email chat with Nicholas (who answered the emails) to suggest ways to scan and protect a WordPress site (as I work on Wordpress websites ), - which it is - such as security/firewall plug ins. I don't know how techy the actually person who did their site is , as Wordpress sites get attacked all the time - so you need to have some protection, otherwise it's only a matter of time. Hopefully the archive can be preserved to appear later - and we do seem to have a new site planned.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

That's a bummer. I was planning on buying the Anna Cicerelli and Anastasia Leonova videos - just missed the recent summer sale.

fp909
Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

damn. I hope the Anna stuff makes it to the new site I haven’t seen it

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I was a member of the email list and was able to make a purchase via the link provided, though, FYI the downloads aren't working. Will report back on whether that is resolved.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I was a member of the email list and was able to make a purchase via the link provided, though, FYI the downloads aren't working. Will report back on whether that is resolved.

Please do! I'd definitely buy a few clips but not interested in the hassle of download links not working properly.

People who weren't on the mailing list: You should be able to access the store by simply adding /shop to the site's main address. But probably better to hold back on purchases for now - until the issue jabra78 mentioned is resolved.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Is it just fitvids UK or fitvids as well

cgsweat
Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Apparently they remove you from their email list if you haven't purchased anything in x amount of time, since I never received any such email.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I just bought and downloaded a near 1gb file - maybe try again now? -

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

I just bought and downloaded a near 1gb file - maybe try again now? -

My attempts fail randomly (even with different browsers), I've been able to pull at most around 400 MB. They were responsive to my inquiry and they're not sure if it's a result of traffic. So I'll keep checking back.

Shoot! I can’t access the store. I wanted to try my hand at getting some Donna Murphy clips.

EDIT: I’m in. The link provided in their email is wonky, though.

Just spoke to Nick about the whole thing. He said it was fine to post here -

https://www.fitvids.co.uk/shop/

And the discount code is theend

Downloads may be disrupted during the busy times (here in the UK there's a bank holiday and my internet is absolute crap at the moment)

Edit. Also he'll be answering as many emails as possible.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

My attempts fail randomly (even with different browsers), I've been able to pull at most around 400 MB. They were responsive to my inquiry and they're not sure if it's a result of traffic. So I'll keep checking back.

I was able to successfully download with curl. Though sometimes I do get server errors.

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Second purchase of around 1GB downloaded Ok first time. I notice though, they are not sending out the usual acknowledgement/receipt email with the download link. Am just using the checkout completed page link, before I lose that!

Aug 25, 2023 - permalink

Such a shame their video quality was the best!

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »