Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Candy Canary is back

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Candy Canary is back in action after a years-long hiatus from bodybuilding. She placed 6th among heavyweights at the NPC USA CHAMPIONSHIPS on July 28, 2023.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Love Candy!

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

good to see her back, but not a good looking physique.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

I wouldn't her physique is the greatest because she has been out of bodybuilding for so many years. But she still works out her best. She placed 6th which is still in the top 10 so I will give her the benefit of the doubt.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

If I remember correctly when I first saw the results, she was last.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Great to see Candy is back. She was a powerhouse in the 2000's. Photos and videos of her in backstage prep are burned into my memory. She was very warm and charming so I wish her the absolute best and we'll see where it goes from here.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Yeah I saw that. I am glad she's back.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

I saw that. The other ladies were some very tough competition, though. Good to see her back!

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

I saw that. The other ladies were some very tough competition, though. Good to see her back!

They were. Candy definitely has the size; she just needs to dial in the conditioning.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Looks different. Vastly different.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

Well, yeah. Happens when you get older and have had a long layoff.

Aug 11, 2023 - permalink

She's obviously had some facial work done.

Aug 12, 2023 - permalink

Fantastic it's good to see her back after a long time

Aug 12, 2023 - permalink

Now we're getting somewhere.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Actually, I was placed 4th and I boycotted the finals because they changed up judging criteria at the show on the fly. The entire show was fluid. So because I didn’t show at the evening show; they bumped me to last. And…if you cared to look , you’d see I was only there for prejudging and there are no evening show photos.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Actually, I was placed 4th and I boycotted the finals because they changed up judging criteria at the show on the fly. The entire show was fluid. So because I didn’t show at the evening show; they bumped me to last. And…if you cared to look , you’d see I was only there for prejudging and there are no evening show photos.

Well whoever you are you shouldn't have been bumped to last.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I wasn’t last. I was placed fourth in prejudging and decided to skip finals. So I was bumped to last but it wasnt because of my physique.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Well whoever you are you shouldn't have been bumped to last.

Whoever I am lol my stage name is Candy Canary but my legal name is Tziporah Same person lol IG FBBCandyCanary

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Whoever I am lol my stage name is Candy Canary but my legal name is Tziporah Same person lol IG FBBCandyCanary

Lol my mistake. Sorry my dear. 💯

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

I’m not even going to address this foolishness other than to say, of course, I look different. It’s been 15 years since I’ve been on stage. 16 years…let that soak in a minute. I’m 49 now. And to be fair…what do you look like…hiding behind a computer screen critiquing athletes look?

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Candy Canary is back in action after a years-long hiatus from bodybuilding. She placed 6th among heavyweights at the NPC USA CHAMPIONSHIPS on July 28, 2023.

Correction: I, Candy Canary, actually didn’t place 6th. In Prejudging I was placed 4th. I boycotted finals because the judging criteria was changed in real time, as we were in line to go on stage. The show was poorly ran, not like any other USA’s I had been to previously. Anyway, I decided to leave and not continue, so they bumped me to last place for not showing at finals. Being 6th had nothing to do with my physique but rather pure circumstance. Since then, I have told all the competitors I coach to not attend the USA’s. There are plenty other shows to go to.

IG FBBCandyCanary

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Hi, Tziporah/Candy,

I was a huge fan of you back then, and I was very happy to see you've returned to the sport (which is why I made this thread's original post). You look fantastic! Frankly, I wish I looked like I did 16 years ago -- or, better yet, 40 years ago, when I was young and handsome. Don't let any mindless comments bother you. BTW, are you still pastoring a flock?

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Great to see you back Candy, and hope to see you at another contest soon. One contest run badly doesn't mean they all are.

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Correction: I, Candy Canary, actually didn’t place 6th. In Prejudging I was placed 4th. I boycotted finals because the judging criteria was changed in real time, as we were in line to go on stage. The show was poorly ran, not like any other USA’s I had been to previously. Anyway, I decided to leave and not continue, so they bumped me to last place for not showing at finals. Being 6th had nothing to do with my physique but rather pure circumstance. Since then, I have told all the competitors I coach to not attend the USA’s. There are plenty other shows to go to.

IG FBBCandyCanary

You still look amazing and I wish you the best in your next show ☺️

Sep 21, 2023 - permalink

Hello Candy

Keep up the great work. Looking forward to your gains.....

;-)

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »