Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

I'm interested in what the demographics are of the men on this site? That obviously find muscular women attractive.

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

Nothing political, I am just super interested in this topic. I would be willing to wager that a lot of users on this site are from western, english speaking countries, but what about south america, africa, and asia?

I'm curious about this, as one thing that is definite, is that the most popular women on this site are all unmistakably white. Check for yourself with the filter 'high score' this year and all time. Despite the fact that for e.g lots of black women win FBB competitions. And lots of other races of women do get posted on this site, however not many of them will get (and consistently get) high scores. Does this speak about the demographics of the men on this site or not? Once again, this is just something I'm curious about, I wonder (for example) if there are other sites in Japan/korea/china showing mostly women from those areas.

cgsweat
Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

A thread which you might find relevant:

On which continent do you live?

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

Really people from all over the world are into this .but in some regions it's more repressed. so that is why there are more westerners on here .people from Asia and Africa are also less likely to interact even if they are watching the website .because of language barriers and potential shame .if their friends or family finds out they are on here .some people are attracted to certain races for various reason. i personally don't care i think fbbs from all races are hot .

and i can speak many languages and i tried to find similar websites to this one in other languages. but it's rare i found a few minor blogs in Japanese .but most of it is in European languages like Russian Spanish German Italian .but on social media you can find Fbb related videos made by men from India Africa south east Asia and all over the world .these days most people don't bother with smaller websites .most fbbs only post on Instagram or tiktok .even YouTube and Reddit are not very popular among them. so the fans will be there too.

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

Statistics show that most bodybuilders, not just female, are white:

"The most common ethnicity among body builder apprentices is White, which makes up 66.3% of all body builder apprentices. Comparatively, there are 19.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 7.8% of the Black or African American ethnicity."

fp909
Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

"The most common ethnicity among body builder apprentices is White, which makes up 66.3% of all body builder apprentices. Comparatively, there are 19.3% of the Hispanic or Latino ethnicity and 7.8% of the Black or African American ethnicity."

pretty interesting if you consider that working out has been a bit of a "luxury" addition for a short time--like back in the day if you were fat it could very well mean you were well off since you didn't have to work the fields yourself to live, but then later on having a strong body was good because it showed you were a hard worker, especially in early America. Now you work out if you have time, and you bodybuild for most as a hobby, and for the competitors that are super serious about, a near full time thing, which takes financial support.

but also since "white" includes a lot of European subgroups that just get lumped together, it would be interesting to see if there was a further percentage, maybe people with strong Irish roots are less likely to bodybuild than someone with a strong German or French connection.

Jun 12, 2023 - permalink

There's your answer right there.

Strength sports, whether it's bodybuilding, powerlifting, CrossFit, Olympic weightlifting or strongman, are expensive. Let's break down the costs. Assuming you are training at a "big box gym," your gym membership is probably the lowest of your expenses. That price goes up significantly if you go to a smaller, more boutique or hardcore gym. As a bodybuilder you are probably eating more food, and with the price of chicken and other meats continuing to go up that adds up. You also have to hire a coach, or multiple coaches (one for your training program, one for your nutrition and one for your posing.) You have to buy a posing suit, and if you're a woman competitor you have to pay for hair, makeup and even nails and heels depending on the competition. PEDs also cost money, especially if you're looking into getting HGH. And of course, you have to pay a registration fee to compete, and hotel and transportation if it's away from your home city.

As a demographic, white people have the highest income. And while anybody can get relatively fit on a budget, to get a physique like you see from the ladies on this site, it's going to cost a lot of money.

Also, one thing to mention OP, you say that "lots of black women win competitions." How do you define "a lot"? If by a lot, you're thinking of Andrea Shaw, Shanique Grant and Iris Kyle, they may win a lot of competitions, but there are still a LOT more bodybuilders out there: not just the ones known for winning. And plus, in the realm of this site, this is a fetish site. People here don't really care about a bodybuilder winning a competition. They just like the physiques.

Jun 13, 2023 - permalink

I would say forget CrossFit - that is obviously a very white sport, which is probably a mixture of disposable income being a big and also just the type of culture it has. You do and others have mentioned very important points about money in this thread. But I feel there are more factors!

I am more talking about bodybuilding, since it is a sport that many different ethnicities enter, which I'd wager reasonably accurately reflects the demographics of the country they're in. "How do you define "a lot"? If by a lot, you're thinking of Andrea Shaw, Shanique Grant and Iris Kyle" If you take a look yourself at IFBB, NPC, UKBFF competitors, finalists and winners, you will see quite a lot of black females - not as much as black male ones. Often times black men make up half or more of the finalists in competitions across the US, UK and western europe.

And yes I understand that this is a fetish site, but these women do well and win competitions because of their amazing musculature and aesthetics. I just find it interesting.

Jun 13, 2023 - permalink

I am from South Asia. Was always a huge fan of bodybuilder girls. Ive not had ansingle guy friend who loved female muscle, and no girls i knew too.. that way its a wrong place to be ! Thers improvement now but we just dont see wide chest ans built shoulders on women on the street

Jun 13, 2023 - permalink

Most of the Asian FBB sites I’ve seen are almost pure fantasy — art and CG, not even photoshopping. Whether that’s a reflection on Asian men or on the comparatively small Asian FBBs, I don’t know.

Jun 14, 2023 - permalink

It's a reflection of culture. Fbb_best has hit the nail on the head. He is from South Asia, and he doesn't have a single friend who likes FBBs, and he doesn't see FBBs on the street. As he says of South Asia - "its a wrong place to be" for FBB popularity.

Most countries that are still rooted in tradition just see it as weird or plain wrong. They view it like homosexuality or trans. Women must be feminine with a traditional feminine shape.

In many countries, women are still viewed as the weaker sex or; stay at home child rearing or; the property of and controlled by their husband or; are not allowed to be educated or vote or; in the extreme countries sing or dance either.

How many of those countries will have a bodybuilding gym for men, let alone allow women to join?

And lets not forget how many countries expect women to be covered from head to toe, and often can only leave the home when accompanied by a male relative.

Those women are not free to bodybuild, even if they know what it is.

Jun 14, 2023 - permalink

And yet, and yet — muscular women are one of the biggest (no pun intended) fetishes I see on, for example, Pixiv. There’s a surprisingly large fandom among men for a sport that doesn’t have a lot of practitioners, at least from what I know. I’ve seen more FBB in Korea, but not so much of a fandom.

Jun 15, 2023 - permalink

In Asia at least, people are more adherent to culture. They take less individual liberty to deviate from the (beauty) norms.

Jun 15, 2023 - edited Jun 15, 2023 - permalink

Id like to add a nuance here.. now, there aee plenty of women going to the gym.. all of a sudden but most are tuned to weight loss.. and i guess girls themselves dont want to look muscly.. in large cities, women are free to pursue and many come from smaller towns to work and arent subject to family scrutiny, and ive seen trainers push the women to do hard workouts but i think, theres a mind block to actually be muscular with visible traps and shoulder chest development...then there are girls who bodybuild professionally .. theres nothing in between.. and ped availability and use is not rampant among girls and most guys also dont.. only full on gym guys get into it...

Jun 15, 2023 - permalink

But are the trainers pushing them to bodybuild? I really doubt it. Yes to lose weight as you say, and yes to tone up, but not to bodybuild. The fact is that most people of both sexes don't see it as a feminine thing to do, and that is unlikely to ever change. It will always be a niche market.

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

HollyJ, you are right ... not to bodybuild.. I didnt think of it that way !! So ya the fit toned look is pribably the thing in vogue here and not real noticable muscle gain !! I wonder if a genetic predispositiom also plays a role. Like if the same amount of work results in a lessser response from the body !!!

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

I doubt it. Some people say that some people can really gain muscle quickly, whereas others cannot. I don't really believe that. It's normally a cover for those who are using "supplements"!

Age and sex are the biggest factors. 2 people of the same age, doing the same routine for the same amount of time each week will build at pretty similar rates in my opinion.

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

HollyJ, you are right ... not to bodybuild.. I didnt think of it that way !! So ya the fit toned look is pribably the thing in vogue here and not real noticable muscle gain !! I wonder if a genetic predispositiom also plays a role. Like if the same amount of work results in a lessser response from the body !!!

Genetics absolutely play a factor in how much muscle you can built along with the shape of muscle bellies along with your general physical structure. That being said, the VAST majority of women here are using PEDs. And yes, genetics to influence how well a lifter responds to PED use.

The fit toned look is in vogue because, again, a “muscular” frame in the sense of what we see here, isn’t really sought after by most women who train, and also because you cannot get that kind of musculature without drugs.

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

Great insights, So then, is the crossfit physique sought after now by women? I mean the musculature of the top athletes who we see photographed often? ....Or even that look is too much for most?!!!

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

So yes, to the original topic. Yes there is an fbb fan here in asia and ive always been a follower.. but then, how common it is, outside the hardcore bbing community, i have no idea !!!

Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

Great insights, So then, is the crossfit physique sought after now by women? I mean the musculature of the top athletes who we see photographed often? ....Or even that look is too much for most?!!!

By CrossFit physique, are you talking about Games level athletes? Like Emily Rolfe, Brooke Wells and Dani Speegle?

Because if you are, you are looking at the elite of the elite of the elite. The vast majority of crossfitters don’t look anything close to that, and while a “fit” CrossFitter may look fit and strong, they’re not going to have the musculature of an athlete like them.

Furthermore, the top athletes rarely do “CrossFit” in the sense of people who go to group classes. And, again, elite competitors are more than likely on PEDs.

My suggestion is to join a CrossFit gym and actually see what non-Games level athletes look like. It honestly sounds like you have a very warped perspective on how many muscular women there are and what is achievable natty (I remember an early post from you claiming that “lots of women” were deadlifting five plates.)

fp909
Jun 16, 2023 - permalink

because your average crossfit girls (and I do mean average, not top athletes) are still cute, borderline natty depending on how seriously they take it, and in great shape. even my friend, who like me took it semi seriously for a period) was still JACKED (compared to the average woman). and this is someone what once started at 3x a week, started training with me for a couple of hours almost daily, and then dialed back to 1 hr 3-4x a week (which is when i thought she was in the best shape of her life).

fact is that the underlying competitive nature of crossfit attracts a lot of retired high school and collegiate athletes, and a lot of collegiate athletes are attractive, even if they had an average body. brynn kurlan is one of my fave recent examples. if she wasn't jacked she'd still be extremely cute, and her ph ysique enhances that (for me at least) but she's still conventionally attractive.

Jun 17, 2023 - permalink

Gatsby28, grt to have your take on the subject.. and yes probably my views are skewed because i watch strength sports and fbbs !! Larger population and niche are two dofderent worlds i agree....

Fp909,, that was interesting...and that clears up a lot about regular crossfit ans crossfit on Youtube !!!

Jun 18, 2023 - permalink

No straight statistics, but watching the scene over the decades it seems like there are really "hotspots" of interest:

• In Italy and Brazil there seems to be quite a good interest for fit and muscular girls in general
  • In South Korea there is some hype for perfection: lots of people there try to get a perfect body for a picture they can put on social media. And yes, that applies very much so for women
  • In Romania there is an old tradition for admiring women in sports. In previous years it was mostly centered around gymnasts and weightlifters, recently, the fitness industry has profited from it
  • When it comes to the "niche" womens bodybuilding, I think Czech Republic stands apart. The sport has some public reflection there, the women even appeared in magazines and TV shows. To my best knowledge, the only Ms Olympia outside of the USA took place in Prague.

Greetings from Austria - a country where womens bodybuilding experienced a hype in the 80s and 90s, and then unfortunately completely vanished.

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »