Forum > Bug Reports > Thread

search not showing all images

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

Hello, first bug report, hope i'm doing it right :/

Noticed that when doing search for model:

Melia Ashlyn Brown

only a handful (5) of results show up.

She has lots of other results (you can find them by just searching 'Ashlyn') and i'msure it was wroking fine a few days ago.

Example of old image that doesn't show up using full name:

Is it a problem on my end, or is the database borked in some weird way? :S

That is all! :)

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

I noticed the same with her content a couple days ago. When I clicked her name only 4-5 images were showing, drop Melia off her name and the rest show.

Jun 08, 2023 - permalink

that's really weird

Chainer
Jun 09, 2023 - permalink

This is indeed a bug, and I know what caused it (it's a change I made a few days ago). I am thinking of how best to fix it. Thanks for reporting it.

Chainer
Jun 09, 2023 - permalink

Should be fixed now.

Jun 09, 2023 - permalink

Thanks for the prompt reply and the quick fix. Looks like it's all working as intended now :)

Jun 09, 2023 - permalink

Should be fixed now.

There may be another issue here, because there is Melia Ashlyn Brown and another lady named Ashlyn Brown.

When you click on Melia Ashlyn Brown, you get some Ashlyn Brown content also. Likewise when you click on Ashlyn Brown there's mostly Melia content but the same either way. Subscriber number is shown at 413 currently for both names.

Jun 10, 2023 - permalink

I believe this "bug is a feature". If you take any girl with a name with 3+ words, such as "Melia Ashlyn Brown" you can find her pictures by searching for Melia Brown, Ashlyn Brown or even Melia Ashlyn... I believe it is a decision to make easier to find girls who are known by different names. (E.g. Monica Mollica was first known by another last name... wieck-something... sorry i can't remember it right).

I think one easy fix on this case is to make " significant on the search, and if you search for "Melia Ashlyn Brown" (with double quotes) you only get the pictures of Melia, and "Ashlyn Brown" would get the pictures of the other lady.

This would bring drawbacks, though. Some pictures have a suffix to indicate the position of the lady on the picture, such as "Melia Ashlyn Brown (l), Ashlyn Brown (r)". And searching for "Ashlyn Brown" would not find this girl. Sure it can be fixed, but things gets more and more complicated.

One other problem i've seen, with no easy fix, are ladies who have the same name. I can't really recall any right now, but i've seen it more than once. Two ladies who are known by the exact same two names...

To fix this, you'd have to change a lot of things probably.

Chainer
Jun 10, 2023 - permalink

Yeah, that's a feature, not a bug. One fix would be to give Ashlyn Brown an insagram handle (I don't know what it is) like "Ashlyn Brown (instagramhandle)". This would prevent both of them from appearing on a single search.

If someone can find her instagram, I will do the batch rename to handle it.

Jun 10, 2023 - permalink

I think one easy fix on this case is to make " significant on the search, and if you search for "Melia Ashlyn Brown" (with double quotes) you only get the pictures of Melia, and "Ashlyn Brown" would get the pictures of the other lady.

I have to fix my last message, the site already have this feature, or something close to it. Whenever you search for something, to the left of the searched name, there is a message "Showing all matches; Exact only". If you click the Exact only you get a search with only athletes of that precise name. So... you can get the list of pictures for both ladies with the urls below.

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/?name=...

I hope it helps you @bolen.

Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

Just noticed that the search for this model is not working again -

'Melia Ashlyn Brown' pics have all been renamed to 'Ashlyn Brown' (who, as mentioned earlier in this thread, is a different person)

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/images/1/?nam...

The only working one is a new image I uploaded yesterday:

Chainer
Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

When we switched over to the new naming system (https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...) some models with similar names got "merged" like this, because until then the site considered them to be the same person.

To fix this, the images currently under Ashlyn Brown need to be renamed manually to Melia Ashlyn Brown. Then from that point forward, the site will consider them to be separate profiles.

(This is similar to what happened to Jessica Martin in that thread.)

Chainer
Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

I went and renamed about half, the other half still need to be renamed.

Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

I didn't see that other fofrum post, as I was away for a couple of weeks, but thanks for clarifying.

I went and renamed about half, the other half still need to be renamed.

I think I've renamed the rest. :)

Chainer
Aug 26, 2023 - permalink

Thanks!

« first < prev Page 1 of 1 next > last »