Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Harsh "low quality comment"-practice

Jun 21, 2023 - permalink

Like I said: One can't write a doctoral thesis under a muscle pic all the time.

cgsweat
Jun 21, 2023 - permalink

Long version: But only the moderators have the ability to determine what is and what is not a low quality comment.

The moderators in general act only on comment reports. Otherwise the filter itself is written and maintained by the site admin. However, in the examples you provided I believe that both comments are "low quality."

I would define a low quality comment as one that, when removed, is not missed. It is something that adds no value whatsoever to the thread it's posted under. "Dayam" is a perfect example of this. "Very sexy confident muscle girl beautiful glutes" has the potential to be a useful comment with the search filter in mind. However, "glutes" is already a searchable tag and the rest of the comment is subjective at best.

Jun 22, 2023 - permalink

Like I said: One can't write a doctoral thesis under a muscle pic all the time.

So that's the only standard you can imagine of? People just live their life blurting out stuff or writing doctoral theses.

In the English language there is an interesting word with an interesting meaning. Referring to 'literacy'.

It means the ability to produce text as a language, as opposed to a simple record or a transcript of spoken language. A person is functionally illiterate when he can only write and also prefers to read things the way they are spoken. Though spoken language is always primary to written language and writing is a skill learned separately.

Before anyone suggests it, I will say no, this is not about English as a second language. Many commenters are also illiterate in their first language. If they weren't, their English would be at least somewhat structured. Very sexy confident glutes? How does he know? Did he ask them? Which one? Or did he talk straight into between them?

Jun 22, 2023 - permalink

It's mostly a way to get users to come up with something more interesting (and less revolting/unappealing) than:

"🍆🍆🍆"

"i wanna marry her"

"she is worthy of my seed"

etc.

Those are eggplants.

Jun 22, 2023 - permalink

Before anyone suggests it, I will say no, this is not about English as a second language. Many commenters are also illiterate in their first language. If they weren't, their English would be at least somewhat structured. Very sexy confident glutes? How does he know? Did he ask them? Which one? Or did he talk straight into between them?

Yeah, reading is hard too. The quoted comment read: "Very sexy confident muscle girl beautiful glutes"

So not the glutes are confident, the muscle girl is. The comment is missing a comma or a stop. So what, that's the internet nowadays with all the messengers etc.

Jun 23, 2023 - permalink

Those are eggplants.

Yes, I don't know why internet people are obsessed with 🍆 and 🍑

Jul 03, 2023 - permalink

Yes, I don't know why internet people are obsessed with 🍆 and 🍑

Because it would not feel like anything if they said what they mean. But if they find a way to remotely suggest something, the suggestion contains an emotion and figuring out that emotion requires experiencing it. I think it's a kind of narcissistic display of emotion.

So not the glutes are confident, the muscle girl is.

If you have an ongoing list of nouns and adjectives, it's perfectly reasonable to assume that all the previous words modify the final one, as in very sexy confident wiggling furious upside-down beautiful glutes. Internet does not make anyone illiterate. It simply encourages illiteracy. It's up to the people to take in that encouragement and put it into action.

Chainer
Jul 04, 2023 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

(Locking this to have any discussion in that thread instead)

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »