Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Harsh "low quality comment"-practice

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Hi community!

I find those "low quality comment hidden"-function a little rude. What is a quality comment under a muscle picture? One can't write a doctoral thesis there.

Maybe there is a function in my settings to have that "hidden comments" disabled, but I can't find it.

One example of the more harsher use of that "low quality"-thing:

janinegia wrote "Beautiful woman. Nice, lean, natural body. Cute muscles, especially abs. And a nice smile!"

That's low quality too? Seems like a random choice to me.

So is commenting not encouraged here? Why not? Can I have hidden comments displayed to me via a certain setting?

May 11, 2023 - permalink

It seems a bit random, but I guess it's pretty difficult to automatically distinguish between that type of comment and a creepy shitty comment. Only a few words can make the difference and unless you use some advanced natural language processing algorithm false positives might happen.

I don't mind to click that unhide button, I'm glad you are not denied from posting as it was before.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

That's another question: Is it manually or automatically selected.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

I can't speak to every single comment ever, but there was a time where many comments were overt or thinly veiled references to erections and ejaculation. We all understand that most of Earth's keyboards and touchscreens are sticky with semen, but it lessens the classiness of the site to point out how much of a boner X woman gives you or how big of a load you'd shoot over Y's (abs/quads/hamstrings/etc.)

Reddit is a great place to make such comments and there's a built in rating system so other guys who are also erect can +1 the comment. Some that I like are: r/NSFW_Hardbodies, r/offseasonthickness2, r/Death_by_SnuSnu, and r/deathbysnusnu

May 11, 2023 - permalink

I can't speak to every single comment ever, but there was a time where many comments were overt or thinly veiled references to erections and ejaculation.

Yeah, that's low quality, I agree.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Yeah, that's low quality, I agree.

I get your point though. Where is the line and when do you cross it is pretty vague.

I think they wanted to make it more comfortable for actual muscular women to come and interact with us. There are a few that still do, but I think there were more years ago. I'm not sure how much of that is due to the comments vs how much is due to them being able to make money chatting with guys online instead of here for free.

May 11, 2023 - edited May 11, 2023 - permalink

I get your point though. Where is the line and when do you cross it is pretty vague.

I think they wanted to make it more comfortable for actual muscular women to come and interact with us. There are a few that still do, but I think there were more years ago. I'm not sure how much of that is due to the comments vs how much is due to them being able to make money chatting with guys online instead of here for free.

I think it's more about not having them request their content to be removed from this site. A year or two ago comments were publicly visible and Chainer made them only visible to logged in users in order to "hide the problem" (in his own words if I recall well). I guess a lot of these women came across this site and then requested their names to be banned after seeing their content accompanied by thirsty comments.

Most of them probably don't bother to create an account, but some probably do and this filter is another barrier (or at least a way to show that the site does not approve such comments)

Edit: Here's the full discussion: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Hi community!

I find those "low quality comment hidden"-function a little rude. What is a quality comment under a muscle picture? One can't write a doctoral thesis there.

Maybe there is a function in my settings to have that "hidden comments" disabled, but I can't find it.

janinegia wrote "Beautiful woman. Nice, lean, natural body. Cute muscles, especially abs. And a nice smile!"

That's low quality too? Seems like a random choice to me.

So is commenting not encouraged here? Why not? Can I have hidden comments displayed to me via a certain setting?

It's a feature I've never seen on any other website, but I almost never get dinged by it so...whatever.

I do have to admit, most of the comments that I see it tagging at this point are generally worthless, like "wow nice muscles!". That's a pointless comment that contributes nothing, so I can sort of see the point of the feature. But I think it's unnecessary.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

I can't speak to every single comment ever, but there was a time where many comments were overt or thinly veiled references to erections and ejaculation.

Yeah, I agree 100% with this actually. Maybe the "low quality" filter isn't such a bad idea in retrospect... I don't care to read creepy comments or dudes describing their erections. Does anyone really?

cgsweat
May 11, 2023 - permalink

It's mostly a way to get users to come up with something more interesting (and less revolting/unappealing) than:

"🍆🍆🍆"

"i wanna marry her"

"she is worthy of my seed"

etc.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

I do have to admit, most of the comments that I see it tagging at this point are generally worthless, like "wow nice muscles!".

Well, sometimes there's not much more to write about and one has the urge to tell the world that this is a nice muscle. ^^ I can skip those same old comments very easily while browsing.

Maybe GWM needs a reddit-system of up- and downvoting?

I don't know.

This "low quality"-thing just seems pretty random to me.

May 11, 2023 - permalink

Edit: Here's the full discussion: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Ok, I read through that thread and the former one too. Let's pretend I didn't say anything. I can live with the hidden low quality comments as long as they keep away these hardcore creeps.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

A comment someone wrote under a recent Kristina Mendoza video. Yeah, sometimes this filter is a bit out of hand.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

Sorry, but honestly speaking- this filter is ridiculous and useless! Some comments are filtered because of obviously no reason other comments who are almost a harassment are not filtered?

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

other comments who are almost a harassment are not filtered?

Which ones? You can report these.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

I’ve seen plenty of non-filtered comments go into great ad nauseum detail about the commenter’s sexual preferences and fantasies, like who exactly he’d like to see Gina Davis, for example, punch out. I can quickly scroll past, but it’s embarrassing to think of an actual FBB coming here and seeing these losers, and thinking we’re all like that.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

Which ones? You can report these.

Is it also possible to report wrong filtert comments?

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

I’ve seen plenty of non-filtered comments go into great ad nauseum detail about the commenter’s sexual preferences and fantasies, like who exactly he’d like to see Gina Davis, for example, punch out. I can quickly scroll past, but it’s embarrassing to think of an actual FBB coming here and seeing these losers, and thinking we’re all like that.

I don't think they have to actually come here to see that. I think unfortunately they get tons of DMs from losers foisting their fantasies onto them.

I know quite a few buff women through my gym and competitions I have attended as a competitor and spectators. A couple of them showed me their IG inboxes and holy shit, some of you dudes need a remedial class on how to talk to women.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

I’ve seen plenty of non-filtered comments go into great ad nauseum detail about the commenter’s sexual preferences and fantasies, like who exactly he’d like to see Gina Davis, for example, punch out.

I'd love to see Gina Davis punch out low quality commenters all day.

Seems like we need a stricter filter. Or we need some instructions on what kind of comments can and should be reported.

I can quickly scroll past, but it’s embarrassing to think of an actual FBB coming here and seeing these losers, and thinking we’re all like that.

It is indeed lamentable how 90 % ruin the reputation of the well-behaved 10 %. I'm joking here, but barely.

Some of that 90 % clearly think that there's a "force" or principle in the universe that's called "liberty" or "freedom" that idealizes the ability to say whatever you please and whatever you feel like, and that all limits to this force or principle are on the side of evil or mediocrity or imperfection. And some others simply think that the comment feature exists for announcing private emotional reactions.

I recently watched some video on Youtube that explained this neatly. It's the gnostic idea that humans contain captive, fallen sparks of divinity that seek to liberate themselves from the fetters of rules and matter. One method for doing this or one sign of this liberation is unbridled expression of emotions and sexuality. So because this idea is often held quite religiously and without thought, it can be hard to get through to some. In their mind they're not just getting off on pics of muscular women but channeling their divine spark and some probably even feel that somehow these pictures are inviting their true self forward. So this is not a site but a shrine.

Maybe the first rule of commenting should be "do not say anything that is or even sounds obvious", such as "she must be strong" or "her biceps are incredible". And second rule could be "do not talk to yourself or to the woman in the picture, but to other users about the woman or the image, keeping in mind the first rule".

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

A comment someone wrote under a recent Kristina Mendoza video. Yeah, sometimes this filter is a bit out of hand.

I think that's exactly the kind of comment the filter should stop: A private exclamation or an emotional reaction with zero information content that can equally be said about thousands of other pictures.

fp909
Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

they get deleted if we come across them or they are report. there are 2 million photos on the site, we honestly cannot look at every one with comments

personally, if i see someone with an EGREGIOUS comment i will go into their history and see if this a repeat thing, remove the offending comments, and then issue a warning.

Jun 20, 2023 - permalink

Is it also possible to report wrong filtert comments?

Not that I know.

Jun 20, 2023 - permalink

is a good example.

"Very sexy confident muscle girl beautiful glutes" is low quality.

"Dayam!" is good.

Jun 21, 2023 - permalink

is a good example.

Very hard to know what you're trying to say. I think both comments are low quality. Both are made by habitual low quality commenters and the filter catches them maybe half the time. The latter probably should be caught by the filter, especially because the person has made many others that are almost or exactly similar. I am surprised that the filter did catch the first one.

Jun 21, 2023 - permalink

Very hard to know what you're trying to say.

Short version: The filter does not work. Long version: I think both comments are low quality too. But only the moderators have the ability to determine what is and what is not a low quality comment. But in case of doubt, Dayam! is unequivocally low quality. Well, that is the one that the filter let go.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »