Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

The Spirit of Geek Will Not Avail You

Apr 23, 2023 - edited Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

Word of advice, gentlemen. Don't get your hopes too high if a sexy, muscular pritty kitty is a geek just like you. Because geek or no geek, she is still going to demand your power (both physical and non-physical) and, quite possibly, your height, be greater than her own. And, should you fail to meet her expectations, well. Don't be surprised if she treats you and your little geek hobbies with the same contempt as the glamour girls in high school do. "Oh my God, what a loser, what a nerd, LOLOL!"

Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

My girlfriend and I are both muscular crossfitters who also like geeky things, and she’s the same height as me: maybe a little bit taller.

Methinks you need to chill.

Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

My girlfriend and I are both muscular crossfitters who also like geeky things, and she’s the same height as me: maybe a little bit taller.

Word

Chainer
Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

OP needs more detail, namely, what specifically led you to make this particular post at this particular time.

Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

Word of advice, gentlemen. Don't get your hopes too high if a sexy, muscular pritty kitty is a geek just like you. Because geek or no geek, she is still going to demand your power (both physical and non-physical) and, quite possibly, your height, be greater than her own. And, should you fail to meet her expectations, well. Don't be surprised if she treats you and your little geek hobbies with the same contempt as the glamour girls in high school do. "Oh my God, what a loser, what a nerd, LOLOL!"

OP needs more detail, namely, what specifically led you to make this particular post at this particular time.

There is always that guy who has convinced himself he's a genius and he'll mock the courageous person who is shooting his shot, while he himself is merely a cowardly jester in the crowd who will never attempt anything worthwhile.

Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

You're absolutely allowed to live in your truth, my friend. But your reality is yours. No one else should endeavor to squeeze their own inside your box.

There are nice people and there are not-nice people with a whole lot of variety in-between. But more importantly, the best romantic-partner relationships tend to be between like-minded persons with respect to how they perceive the other treating people, in general. Ultimately, most people want compatible partners.

Apr 23, 2023 - permalink

Seems to me someone got rejected and is now making generalizations

Apr 24, 2023 - permalink

Most women these days are more tolerant of geek hobbies. as long as the man is attractive. i mean good luck finding a man under 40 who is not a casual gamer and watches anime. This is not a 90s highschool anymore. but fbbs tend to be in a high testosteron dude bro culture. so they tend to have high standards in therms of manlyness. but everyone is different. and if you are extremely lucky you can maybe find an Fbb with different tastes. and doesn't mind weaker men.

Apr 24, 2023 - permalink

How DARE you?!! A girlfriend?? 🤣

Apr 25, 2023 - edited Apr 26, 2023 - permalink

How DARE you?!! A girlfriend?? 🤣

I never said having a girlfriend is a bad thing. My main point is this: if you're a geek and the muscle pritty kitty of your desires is also a geek, that's wonderful. It means you two have something in common. But, that is all it means. It does not mean you have defeated the final boss. Hell, you may not even gotten past level one yet so, doing a victory dance this early in the game will only get you killed. Painfully and messily.

May 16, 2023 - permalink

i don't know what inspired the thread's creation, but i second this as the best guess in circulation.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

i don't know what inspired the thread's creation, but i second this as the best guess in circulation.

Read my last comment. Should be easy, it's right above yours.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

You know, you would go a long way with the muscular ladies if you stopped referring to them as “pritty kitties.”

And maybe instead of being so bitter, look at the people who get into relationships with buff women and emulate what they do.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

Women care about your looks, not your geeky hobbies. Look at someone like Henry Cavill. Huge nerd but it's fine because he's hot.

Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

Women care about your looks, not your geeky hobbies. Look at someone like Henry Cavill. Huge nerd but it's fine because he's hot.

Looks do matter, but not as much as I think a lot of guys think.

When it comes to looks, a lot of what women care about are things that can be implemented by almost any guy. Practice proper hygiene and grooming, dress well and in a way that flatters your body, and take care of your body with diet and exercise and you'll go a long, long way towards being attractive. A couple of my women friends have shown me their dating profiles and the guys that show up on their feed, and you would not believe how many frumpy looking dudes there are with awful pictures and terribly written profiles.

And again, looks are only one part of the equation. There are women who find geeky hobbies endearing and would be happy to participate in them with you, so long as you are socially competent and not a complete inept weirdo.

cgsweat
Jun 19, 2023 - permalink

I think a lot of dudes give up too easily. Some don't try at all, and I guess they expect the girls to put in all the effort. Others will make one or two attempts, get rejected, and scorn all females for the rest of time.

Jun 21, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by legLover232
Jun 21, 2023 - edited Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

Looks do matter, but not as much as I think a lot of guys think.

When it comes to looks, a lot of what women care about are things that can be implemented by almost any guy. Practice proper hygiene and grooming, dress well and in a way that flatters your body, and take care of your body with diet and exercise and you'll go a long, long way towards being attractive. A couple of my women friends have shown me their dating profiles and the guys that show up on their feed, and you would not believe how many frumpy looking dudes there are with awful pictures and terribly written profiles.

And again, looks are only one part of the equation. There are women who find geeky hobbies endearing and would be happy to participate in them with you, so long as you are socially competent and not a complete inept weirdo.

I’ve seen men out there who do the opposite (or the barest of the barest minimum) of what you advise and, they still get sexy ladies flocking to them like bees to a hive. I have also seen men who follow these steps to the letter and are still walking home by themselves every night.

The awful truth is, you can dress the part and talk the talk and do the dance without missing a beat but, in the end, you either got it.

Or you don’t.

Jun 21, 2023 - permalink

I’ve seen men out there who do the opposite (or the barest of the barest minimum) of what you advise and, they still get sexy ladies flocking to them like bees to a hive. I have also seen men who follow these steps to the letter and are still walking home by themselves every night.

The awful truth is, you can dress the part and talk the talk and do the dance but, in the end, you either got it.

Or you don’t.

I'm a geek, I've got it, and that's a whole problem. And I'm OK with that.

You've got to define and find YOUR happy place, regardless of where/what anyone else's is.

[deleted]
Jun 24, 2023 - permalink

Ok I'll bite because this post is an obvious troll. I've noticed that fit girls come in all shapes, sizes and walks of life. I've met some who are nerdy themselves and others who are more like your stereotypical girly girls. Women are not all the same just like men aren't since we are all on a muscular girl forum. I'm sorry if you've been burned by women in the past, but don't take it personally. Just be genuinely interested when you speak with them and don't have any expectations and things will work out. 👍

Jun 24, 2023 - edited Jul 02, 2023 - permalink

Ok I'll bite because this post is an obvious troll. I've noticed that fit girls come in all shapes, sizes and walks of life. I've met some who are nerdy themselves and others who are more like your stereotypical girly girls. Women are not all the same just like men aren't since we are all on a muscular girl forum. I'm sorry if you've been burned by women in the past, but don't take it personally. Just be genuinely interested when you speak with them and don't have any expectations and things will work out. 👍

Uh-huh. Yeah. I can just see myself now, there at the gym, dazzling the sexy, muscular lady in my sights with my manga volumes, my knowledge of various anime lore, my vast collection of video game soundtracks and my mad skills on Snake.IO

And, of course, no lady can resist a man who beat the original ‘Quake’ on Difficult! Man, that one gets the ladies goin' every time, brother XD

Aug 08, 2023 - permalink

this is still the best guess in circulation.

now i'm just curious to find out how much longer his sour-grapes clowntrip will continue for.

Aug 08, 2023 - edited Aug 08, 2023 - permalink

Two things bud.

Highschool never ends. Many posts in this thread prove it. Don't expect different out there.

Secondly, don't you think most girls that gym are emulating what they want? The truth is these clowns and those girls don't mind being material but empathy would expose it. My advice, if you can't beat em join em.

Aug 08, 2023 - permalink

this is still the best guess in circulation.

now i'm just curious to find out how much longer his sour-grapes clowntrip will continue for.

He either got rejected once and had an existential crisis that he never recovered from or he's got a humiliation fetish and this is the venue for him to act it out, perhaps both are true.

What I find particularly amusing are the weird, boomer-esque catchphrases he uses over and over like "pritty kitty". It's like you mixed a 15 year old incel's ideology with his grandfather's colloquialisms.

Aug 09, 2023 - permalink

Word of advice, gentlemen. Don't get your hopes too high if a sexy, muscular pritty kitty is a geek just like you.

“Hopes too high” bro I would love a woman to be a “geek” like me that’s like a dream of mine muscular or not lol

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »