Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What gender are you?

Can select more than one. (430 total votes)

Cis man (382, 88.8%)
Non-binary, genderqueer, gender nonconforming (13, 3.0%)
Cis woman (12, 2.8%)
Gender questioning (12, 2.8%)
Trans woman (9, 2.1%)
Trans man (2, 0.5%)
Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Curious to see what the gender makeup of GWM is! Keep it civil please.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

No option for "man"? Or "woman"? 🤔

Weird, but OK.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

@tre_sayer it's the top two options

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

What kind of shit is this?

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

delete this BS please

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Agree with the guys above, this gender ideology crap has no place in GWM.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

@tre_sayer it's the top two options

My browser is showing something different - I'm using Chrome.

Agree with the guys above, this gender ideology crap has no place in GWM.

I'm OK with asking the question, but why were "men" and "women" excluded from the possible responses?

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

My browser is showing something different - I'm using Chrome.

I'm OK with asking the question, but why were "men" and "women" excluded from the possible responses?

Cis means you identify as the gender you were assigned at birth. So it’s the top two. The reason I differentiated is I wanted to see if there were any non cis people using this site.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

For the rest of y’all easily triggered losers I recommend logging off. This poll does absolutely nothing to impede your ability to use the site.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

getridofthisshit

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

There's only 2 genders.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

yall are really making a big fuss abt this for no reason, if yall are triggered by someone simply listing more than just man and woman, then you should probably log off and go outside and do something more productive than being on this website.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

So now about 48 males, and maybe one woman. You know all of the "gender queer" are just men, and y'all know hardly any actual women are going to be in a site like this.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

So now about 48 males, and maybe one woman. You know all of the "gender queer" are just men, and y'all know hardly any actual women are going to be in a site like this.

I bet the toxic behavior exhibited on this thread and elsewhere makes women feel really welcome on here

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

I identify as a man, and while I am not “offended” by the deliberate exclusion of “men” and “women” from your poll options, I thought it was weird because, by excluding the majority of the human population, the results could be skewed (no biggie) and the post comes off as virtue-trolling. If that’s permitted in the site rules, then far be it for me to trample on your privileges here, but I did want to share the perception of one viewer. Good luck with your survey - I hope it confirms what you are seeking.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Lol more trans people than women.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Also looking at the op's user name he must be trolling.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Wait, what exactly do people think "cis" means? It's literally just "not trans" in this context.

Are people equally offended by the existence of cis molecules?

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Lol, come on man, everyone knows that there are no women on the internet!

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

In all seriousness, the addition of the term CIS bothers me. If trans people want to join the club then welcome. I don't even require someone to identify themselves as trans anything. Just be what you want to be, but don't go around adding subdivisions when it's not necessary.

Apr 17, 2023 - edited Apr 18, 2023 by Chainer - permalink

Note: User was banned for this comment - Chainer

heeere come the aggrieved, right on schedule as always with their requirements and wounded egos

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Wait, what exactly do people think "cis" means? It's literally just "not trans" in this context.

Are people equally offended by the existence of cis molecules?

Yes, I'm equally offended, because the level of offense = 0. 😉

In math and science, we tend to simplify terms. I don't know anyone else's experience, but it's been more than 30 years since I heard anyone refer to a human as Animalia-Chordata-Mammalia-Primates-Hominidae-Homo-sapiens-sapiens.

So, I'm not offended, but it is my position that people have the right to self-identify as "men" or "women" if they wish to use those simple terms.

Apr 17, 2023 - edited Apr 17, 2023 by Chainer - permalink

note: user was banned for this comment -chainer

I’d be curious how much of users here are MAGA trolls. Considering that they probably believe that a woman’s place is in the kitchen, how they feel when seeing women not conforming to their beliefs.

Apr 17, 2023 - permalink

Out here it is cold and raining and overcast...not great. But then this thread happened and brightened my day!!!

« first < prev Page 1 of 7 next > last »