Forum > Paysite Reviews > Thread

Viewer privacy on HBC

Apr 06, 2023 - permalink

Hello boys and girls,

I thought it was necessary to share a recent experience I had just few mins ago. I received in my PM inboxes messages from a performer that I haven`t seen since months ( I'll keep her unamed ) with a touch of agressiveness :( The feeling is to feel unsafe especially when you realise that this performer can see the ammount of money you have, and with who you are in private show.

I`m wondering if this has happened to any of you ? Personnaly I prefer to have my privacy on HBC and just enjoy the time with my fave athlete, and not being the target of another model, able to know where I am and how much I have.

Apr 06, 2023 - permalink

I would report that to HBC. That's pretty clear harassment.

cgsweat
Apr 06, 2023 - permalink

Hello boys and girls,

I thought it was necessary to share a recent experience I had just few mins ago. I received in my PM inboxes messages from a performer that I haven`t seen since months ( I'll keep her unamed ) with a touch of agressiveness :( The feeling is to feel unsafe especially when you realise that this performer can see the ammount of money you have, and with who you are in private show.

I`m wondering if this has happened to any of you ? Personnaly I prefer to have my privacy on HBC and just enjoy the time with my fave athlete, and not being the target of another model, able to know where I am and how much I have.

I'm not sure why you chose to create a thread about this, other than to spark discussion, which is fine. I hope you have reported this to HBC because there's nothing that GWM can do about it.

Apr 06, 2023 - edited Apr 06, 2023 - permalink

Reporting it to HBC isn't going to do anything when the problem is that they've given the performers the ability to do this in the first place. I don't want to speak on someone else's behalf, but IMO, reprimanding the model doesn't solve the privacy issue. Just because they're not harassing you anymore doesn't mean they're no longer privy to information they shouldn't have.

Judging by the arrogance displayed in those messages... and your list of messages behind the one you have expanded, I'm pretty sure I know who this is. She has been banned from GWM for her behavior, so I'm not surprised she would do this.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Wouldn't surprise me if as I suspect on some other cam sites, Models accounts are actually set up so they have an indication of whether anyone entering the room has credits to spend -so they can concentrate on those in trying to persuade them to go "private" for the higher rate.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

I think it's ok if they can see who has money in their room. It's still annoying but understandable. However, there's no reason, NONE, for them to be able to see a user's credits while that user is not currently in their room. That's not something that should be part of general profile data.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

I think it’s been well known that performers can see how many credits you have. What’s not cool is when they can see where you’re spending your money.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Hi, OP -

I'm sorry you had this experience. Please email me at help@herbicepscam.com and we'll address this directly. Sometimes some models are in a certain way or are having a bad day, but regardless, that's inappropriate behavior.

All -

Models can see ONLY the number of credits a user has at the moment he is in her room. The ONLY ways she can know where he spends outside her room are:

1) he tells her

2) the other model tells her

3) she enters another models paid chat using a customer account and sees him in the paid chat at the same time

Putting it bluntly, a model saying "I know where you spent your credits" is phishing. For all she knows, you could have just gone on a VOD spree that did not involve her.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Hi, OP -

I'm sorry you had this experience. Please email me at help@herbicepscam.com and we'll address this directly. Sometimes some models are in a certain way or are having a bad day, but regardless, that's inappropriate behavior.

All -

Models can see ONLY the number of credits a user has at the moment he is in her room. The ONLY ways she can know where he spends outside her room are:

1) he tells her

3) she enters another models paid chat using a customer account and sees him in the paid chat at the same time

Putting it bluntly, a model saying "I know where you spent your credits" is phishing. For all she knows, you could have just gone on a VOD spree that did not involve her.

Is there a "user" rating that models also see? I imagine the various spending and status is exposed to models to understand who is wasting their time. Perhaps for those with good ratings have an option to choose to hide or approximate their credits with a low, medium, high option.

Apr 07, 2023 - edited Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Hi, OP -

All -

1) he tells her

I have had the exact same experience! In my case I don’t care about keeping her anonymous - her behavior is always pretty aggressive and unnecessary, especially if you actually have credits and do not take her private. Curvymusclesensation

Ever since that experience I decided not to load any credits at all but I’m disappointed in the page in general.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

There's a reason I've basically stuck to 1 model for the past 2 years. She's barely on anymore so it's ok more money in my bank account lol. But the rare time she does come on she let's me know and I go 1 on 1 with her.

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

Thank you for your returns gents, it helped me a lot. When I go on HBC all I want its to have a mutual good time Viewer/model, and not facing this kind of situations that I have before with an ex Bf. Mostly with a model that Ive not webcamming with her since a looong time. I`ll report this on the HBC site then.

Thank you again ^^

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

That model will probably only get a hand slap. Just like other complaints noted here, no accountability because the performer brings in the money. The more money, the less accountability

Apr 07, 2023 - permalink

That model will probably only get a hand slap. Just like other complaints noted here, no accountability because the performer brings in the money. The more money, the less accountability

What accountability would you suggest? Nobody was harmed. The model's behavior is inappropriate, but it comes off as desperate and sad rather than threatening. Just ignore her and engage with the models who don't act like that.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

What accountability would you suggest? Nobody was harmed. The model's behavior is inappropriate, but it comes off as desperate and sad rather than threatening. Just ignore her and engage with the models who don't act like that.

To start, site operators can make improvements around consumer privacy and security

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

Is there a "user" rating that models also see? I imagine the various spending and status is exposed to models to understand who is wasting their time. Perhaps for those with good ratings have an option to choose to hide or approximate their credits with a low, medium, high option.

There is not. Having user ratings is an idea that's come up before, but it has never gained serious traction. That is an interesting idea about giving qualified users the option to hide or approximate their available credits.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

I have had the exact same experience! In my case I don’t care about keeping her anonymous - her behavior is always pretty aggressive and unnecessary, especially if you actually have credits and do not take her private. Curvymusclesensation

Ever since that experience I decided not to load any credits at all but I’m disappointed in the page in general.

For obvious reasons, we cannot openly discuss specific personnel matters, but if you have an individual concern, please email us at help@herbicepscam.com as we're always keen to keep good customers interested in the site.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

Justice will always look different to different people. What is accountability to you? If a wrong is addressed, corrected, and the client receives back the credits he has lost, what is it - exactly - that you want "done" to the model? Do you want her publicly shamed on GWM because this is where the original complaint was lodged? Do you want an itemized list of the "things we did" to "hold accountable" any model? Are you suggesting you want someone fired over every incident?

That said, if you have a specific complaint about any performer, email us at help@herbicepscam.com and we will attempt to work out a resolution with you.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

To start, site operators can make improvements around consumer privacy and security

This is not a matter that has anything at all to do with privacy or security. This is a question of poor behavior, period.

The model sees the username and his available credits, that's it. She knows if he's a past client of hers, because his name appears in green. That's the extent of what models have access to regarding any user. Anything else she gleans or is privy to is because he somehow alluded to it or told her outright.

Apr 08, 2023 - edited Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

Maybe if as on other sites, models can ban users, perhaps there's a case for users to able to block models from contacting them (if not already possible) ?

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

I’ve recently had a similar experience with the same performer, including some really quite abusive language. Was originally planning to just vote with my wallet (although I second the oft-repeated request for an option to block individual performers), but it sounds like this is developing into a pattern for her and it should be reported.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink
  1. Personally I believe the contact option on HBC is a waste of time. I've sent a couple emails in the past and have never gotten any answer back. And I do know one of those emails I sent was a question of whether the models can see our credits.

2. Curvy most definitely makes a habit of talking down to the people in her chat. BUT I always felt the cocky attitude she puts on was on purpose because it's like a role she likes to play. Though I can't say for sure as I don't know her personally. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this scene who get off on that. I'm not one of those people which is why I've never done a 1on1 with her.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink
  1. Personally I believe the contact option on HBC is a waste of time. I've sent a couple emails in the past and have never gotten any answer back. And I do know one of those emails I sent was a question of whether the models can see our credits.

2. Curvy most definitely makes a habit of talking down to the people in her chat. BUT I always felt the cocky attitude she puts on was on purpose because it's like a role she likes to play. Though I can't say for sure as I don't know her personally. Unfortunately there are a lot of people in this scene who get off on that. I'm not one of those people which is why I've never done a 1on1 with her.

I can confirm the HBC help has not been responsive at all, even when my intention was suggesting them a necessary improvement regarding a few VR clips with crazy issues that needed to be fixed.

Apr 08, 2023 - edited Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

This is not a matter that has anything at all to do with privacy or security. This is a question of poor behavior, period.

The model sees the username and his available credits, that's it. She knows if he's a past client of hers, because his name appears in green. That's the extent of what models have access to regarding any user. Anything else she gleans or is privy to is because he somehow alluded to it or told her outright.

Is it the extent? I've seen a model get someone's IP address to find where they live. That was on the old platform. Can models still see users' IP addresses? I know they can ban by IP or account, so I imagine they probably still have access to it.

Apr 08, 2023 - permalink

For obvious reasons, we cannot openly discuss specific personnel matters, but if you have an individual concern, please email us at help@herbicepscam.com as we're always keen to keep good customers interested in the site.

Did exactly that months ago but didn’t get a reply after a few messages back and forth. Just disappointing in how you treated this matter.

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »