Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Who is the Physique Queen?

Who is the Physique Queen? (314 total votes)

Juliana Malacarne (112, 35.7%)
Natalia Coelho (82, 26.1%)
Shanique Grant (62, 19.7%)
Dana Linn Bailey (30, 9.6%)
Sarah Villegas (28, 8.9%)
cgsweat
Feb 10, 2023 - edited Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

I'm listing five options and I'll explain why.

Dana Linn Bailey

She is the first ever Ms. Physique Olympia winner (2013).

Juliana Malacarne

She defeated DLB at the 2014 Olympia, and is a 4-time winner (more than any other physique champion).

Shanique Grant

She made shockwaves as the youngest winner ever. She also went on to win a total of 2 titles before retiring from competition.

Sarah Villegas

She dethroned Shanique Grant in 2020 and is now tied with her at 2 title reigns.

Natalia Coelho

The reigning Ms. Physique Olympia.

Feb 10, 2023 - edited Feb 10, 2023 - permalink

You made the right choice my friend thank you for the repost! 💪😎

Really hard to say

• Shanique has the best insertions, nobody can match her v shape and tiny waist no matter how much they try. She's the most genetically gifted

• Sarah Villegas smokes everyone when it comes to conditioning, vascularity, striations and low body fat, she's an anatomy chart, absolutely peeled and striated

• Coelho has the biggest lats, she's large and imposing

• Juliana is the sexiest of the bunch IMO, in her prime she had amazing delts and one of the best back double biceps pose

• Dana Linn Bailey on the other hand, with all due respect, isn't nowhere near the 4 others

Yes she's a pioneer in the female fitness community, she's almost mainstream, but she doesn't come close to Shanique, Juliana, Sarah or Natalia sorry

Really hard to say

• Shanique has the best insertions, nobody can match her v shape and tiny waist no matter how much they try. She's the most genetically gifted

• Sarah Villegas smokes everyone when it comes to conditioning, vascularity, striations and low body fat, she's an anatomy chart, absolutely peeled and striated

• Coelho has the biggest lats, she's large and imposing

• Juliana is the sexiest of the bunch IMO, in her prime she had amazing delts and one of the best back double biceps pose

• Dana Linn Bailey on the other hand, with all due respect, isn't nowhere near the 4 others

Yes she's a pioneer in the female fitness community, she's almost mainstream, but she doesn't come close to Shanique, Juliana, Sarah or Natalia sorry

I feel the same exact way as you about these girls except I like coelho more than Malacarne and I really wish Shanique hadn't quit her body really is unique. 😔

And dana is a perfect example of how being first doesn't always make you the best, she's not a bad looking girl she just isn't the best.

Feb 10, 2023 - permalink

Personal choice is Brooke Walker. From this list I'd go with Sarah. She has my fav physique out of the bunch and no bolt-ons.

Feb 10, 2023 - permalink

Natalia is a HUUUGE beautiful 😍 beast!!

All of them are 🔥, but for ME, Juliana all the way. She not only has the physique, but she just has "it". The face, the EVERYTHING.

DLB can be polarizing, but even my "mainstream" friends says "she's pretty hot!' They also like Brooke Ence a LOT. I know she's crossfit, just saying.

Feb 10, 2023 - permalink

Juliana, for sure!

Feb 10, 2023 - permalink

Its gotta be Natalia just look at her. Also she should be a 2x Ms Olympia since she got screwed in 2021

[deleted]
Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

She looks very muscular, no doubt, but Natalia Coelho is actually very small/petite.

fp909
Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

i think natalia is my fave of the winners. I think she should have won the previous year, tbh, i love the density of her physique.

DLB is one of those people that gets in by being first, and unless you're already truly GREAT it's hard to sustain being first once other people start showing up. i think the division has been more competitive than people would asume given all the repeat winners, it's just that many weren't ready to compete in physique when Julianna was tearing it up and couldn't hold a candle.

cgsweat
Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

It's interesting to see that DLB seems to rank the lowest of those who have commented, but she isn't actually the lowest in votes.

[deleted]
Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

Juliana for being very feminine (and sexy) and having the most shapely muscles of all five. The round bulging biceps... Her legs are miles ahead, as well as her glutes. The overall balance she has, IMO, just can't be beat.

Feb 11, 2023 - edited Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

I voted Shanique for having a unique build. Juliana would have been my second choice. She's like Lenda Murray in so far as she's the ideal Physique competitor - strong, beautiful, sensual, well-balanced.

EDIT: Typing all of that about Juliana made me realize she's the Physique Queen. Shanique is still great, though.

Feb 11, 2023 - permalink

Juliana by a mile...

Feb 13, 2023 - permalink

Juliana by a mile...

Exactly. No contest!

[deleted]
Feb 13, 2023 - permalink

Shanique

Feb 13, 2023 - permalink

Juliana. When she dominated, that category was the best. Now physique is just bodybuilding. It lacks that sexiness that Julianna brought back in the day.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Juliana. When she dominated, that category was the best. Now physique is just bodybuilding. It lacks that sexiness that Julianna brought back in the day.

I agree, it’s just the women’s lightweight bodybuilding division these days.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

I'll choose Juliana here

I think she's the sexiest and most feminine one among all. She also has great genetics, her muscles are round and proportionally perfectly balanced.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

IMO Shanique Grant has the greatest body of all of them hands down. Her Physique is so amazing. Wish she would have continued competing. One of the most incredible bodies of all time. Only wish she hadn’t gotten the tattoos.

Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Shanique without a doubt. By far the best proportions and most feminine look of above.

Natalia is great build wise. But she just do not reach quite the same pleasing looks as Shanique.

Sarah is the most shredded. But i dont think Physique division needs this level of hardness.

Juliana and Dana are both beautiful and amazing. But neither would be in top 10 now a days.

cgsweat
Feb 15, 2023 - permalink

Juliana and Dana are both beautiful and amazing. But neither would be in top 10 now a days.

Given that the Physique category has morphed into bodybuilding, just with different poses, I guess you're not technically wrong.

Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

If the physique class was still the physique class, and not a sub BB class, Juliana would be unbeatable.

Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

Shanique

cgsweat
Feb 16, 2023 - permalink

The top 3 are pretty clear, but Dana and Sarah are neck and neck for last place.

Interesting...

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »