Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do you also lift/train?

Apr 25, 2023 - edited Apr 25, 2023 - permalink

@Chainer you would be correct if 2-3x days training were efficient and goal oriented. Most people who go to the gym do not train hard, effectively or have specific fitness goals. This is especially true for many members of big box gyms and those in the middle aged bracket. I have noticed many middle aged members go to the gym regularly, spend 30 minutes on the treadmill, 30 minutes stretching and sometimes 15 minutes or so talking or texting. Throw in an average diet and the fitness outcomes are unremarkable. Over a couple of years there is no improvement and similar outcomes to a sedentary lifestyle. I personally don’t buy into those articles that claim stuff like 15 minutes of walking a day or gardening etc have significant health benefits.

Apr 25, 2023 - permalink

I answered yes for the both of us. 5-6 times a week for about 5 years now, 3-4 times a week for 4 years before that. We both eat properly as well.

Apr 25, 2023 - permalink

'Fraid not. I started lifting again about two years ago. Then, my neck injury happened. I recovered but, I don't know the proper mechanics to prevent it happening again. So, yeah.

Jun 26, 2023 - permalink

I recently started training, haven't been consistent but hope to be

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »