Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Do you also lift/train?

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

No but I do plan on changing that (for the long term, not the "brief couple of weeks then give up" routine I've been doing for years)

Don't have a desire to be supremely muscular or anything, just for health reasons.

Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

@nbunited...No, sadly my cinnamon binge isn't always on the healthy side. I was asked one time, if I was stuck on a deserted island and could only have one food, what would it be. I said, without hesitation...Cinnamon Rolls. 🤣😂

Hahahaha you’re a man of good taste

Jan 25, 2023 - edited Jan 25, 2023 - permalink

It's a little odd, but even when my lifestyle is "sedentary"... I work as peon of the department of Road Maintenance, can be a heavy work sometimes, using shovels, pickaxes, sometimes real axes, handcars, so in a weird twist, i dont pay to get into gym, they pay me for exercising... Plus, im from Mexico, so you can guess the weather and work conditions are not so easy.

Jan 26, 2023 - permalink

I do boxing and resistance band training. I keep nutrition mostly in check. I've dropped 50 lbs over the last year. Plan on another 15 and I'll hold right around 210

Congrats for losing that weight. I have been going through the same thing.

Jan 27, 2023 - permalink

Yes. As another thread like this I said yes! ;)

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

I'm strict about nutrition but only have time to train 2-3 days per week. In the summer I almost exclusively focus on cycling. In my 20s I would do bodybuilding exercises 5 days a week and was much bigger but I am so busy/tired from work now that I can really only find the time and energy to workout on the weekends and the very beginning of the work week.

fp909
Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

i usually train 4-5x a week with some kind of side of volleyball or another activity. i'm considering restarting BJJ after "quitting" after getting covid (is it really quitting if you only did it for a month?). i had some injuries in 2018/2019 (the onset of symptoms from hip dysplasia) that forced me to stop what i was doing at the time, and then covid hit and I got really out of shape. spent the last year doing a body recomposition and now its been mostly getting my diet in check to lose fat, nearly back in the 210s from a high of 222 and not too far from my preferred weight in the low 200s

Jan 29, 2023 - permalink

I lift pretty dedicated 4 times a week. Nutrition could be better. So not an option in the poll.

6 days ago - permalink

Yes - 2 days on, 1 off, else I don't recover sufficiently.

I'm older and not in the best of health so I do bodybuilding, because it emphasises effective exercise with proper technique rather than raw strength. I avoid injury that way.

Doing it partly for health, partly for vanity, though I'm never going to be jacked with a 6-pack - just not my goal.

2 days ago - permalink

I'm at the gym about 2-3 times a week. I do it just to look and feel good, though I wish I could be more discipled in the nutrition area.

« first < prev Page 2 of 2 next > last »