Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

What is a schmoe?

cgsweat
Jan 20, 2023 - permalink

There seems to be differing opinions/perceptions on what a schmoe is, judging by how the word is used in various threads.

How would you define it?

Jan 20, 2023 - permalink

A man who is sexually attracted to muscular women. they are usually submissive and into bdsm but not always.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

A man who is equal parts creeper/stalker/white knight that is obsessive over being dominated by a muscular woman and can't even find one remotely attractive unless she has some semblance of strength superiority over him.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

can't stand that word.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

In my opinion, a "Schmoe" is someone who takes their love for muscular women a bit too far i.e. considering any woman who's not muscular as somehow "inferior" or not as beautiful, think muscular women deserve everything simply because they workout, or will defend their actions even if detrimental.

Jan 21, 2023 - edited May 14, 2023 - permalink

I always thought that a "schmoe" is any man that finds muscular women physically/ sexually attractive but that ISN"T particularly fit or muscular and that isn't into the fitness/bodybuilding lifestyle himself. Basically, any guy a typical female bodybuilder would NOT BE genuinely romantically or sexually attracted to and that has a zero chance of anything genuine actually happening without money being a part of the equation is a schmoe.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

I always thought that a "schmoe" is any man that finds muscular women physically/ sexually attractive but that ISN"T particularly fit or muscular and that isn't into the fitness/bodybuilding lifestyle himself. Basically, any guy a typical female bodybuilder would NOT BE genuinely romantically or sexually attracted to and has a zero chance of anything actually happening without money being a part of the equation is a schmoe.

Yeah this is exactly what I always thought too, going back to the Joe Schmoe type of everyday guy

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

A dork with a fetish for muscular women who refuses to get into shape himself

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

A dork with a fetish for muscular women who refuses to get into shape himself

I feel personally attacked here lol

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

A schmoe is a creepy male with a fetish. I, on the other hand, am a connoisseur of powerful feminine beauty. With a fetish, lol.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

The word “Schmoe” was coined in the late 70s by Kay Baxter…. Instead of calling a guy “Joe” she used Schmoe…. It includes but not limited to any guy that has a deep appreciation for muscular women This includes going to bodybuilding shows….buying pictures and video tapes …..paying for sessions …… It is independent of age…..looks ….or body type… It should not be taken as a negative….. It’s a term used between FBB(s)

Jan 21, 2023 - edited Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

I always thought of a Schmoe as someone who seeks sessions of all kinds from muscular women, wants muscular women to pose for him / her personally and pays her for that, in other words engages with muscular women for sexual reasons.

Until I read the views above , anyway, and as I do not do these things, never considered myself a schmoe as I am a fan of the sport, and have / had respect for women who train hard since the late 1970's / Rachel McLish days. My contrubution to the sport was to buy contest tapes and Muscle and Fitness etc where I read about the women, how they train, why they enjoy the sport etc. I have been to only around 4 contests, the first with friends to see one of their boy friends compete, twice on my own to see athletes i follow compete, and once with an FBB who was a friend at the time. During our visit, no schmoe like activity was asked for by me, we just went to the event together as friends and had a good time meeting some of the officials she knew and the athletes.

Now, reading the views above, I guess anyone visiting this forum and others is a schmoe. Period. Actually a difficult pill for me, and many others I guess to swallow, as I am a fan in my view.

I miss the old days when the athletes were subject to strict rules re nudity or prostitution and incorrect contest wear, and were subject to a ban if they did not follow the rules and discredited the organisation that they represented. Now anything goes, and the sport has set it's standards, so schmoes do a lot to finance the athletes so they can compete. I know that many FBB husbands and boyfriends are in fact schmoes, and, by the way, you don't have to be a gym buff to have an FBB wife. Many prefer non bodybuilding relationships because they like to talk about other things other than training and diet with their partners. Just because Schmoes like female muscle does not always follow that male muscle is essential, especially if the muscular partner does not really have a brain as well.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

The word “Schmoe” was coined in the late 70s by Kay Baxter…. Instead of calling a guy “Joe” she used Schmoe…. It includes but not limited to any guy that has a deep appreciation for muscular women This includes going to bodybuilding shows….buying pictures and video tapes …..paying for sessions …… It is independent of age…..looks ….or body type… It should not be taken as a negative….. It’s a term used between FBB(s)

I think this sums it up.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

@ luvembuff……Thanks ……I’m proud to be a Schmoe

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

@ luvembuff……Thanks ……I’m proud to be a Schmoe

@lpc...I agree. I'll never apologize for loving muscular females

fp909
Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

In my estimation because of the way more men seem to like fit kr muscular women than when I was growing up, the term schmoe is leaning towards the pejorative

The influencer culture does not seem to lend itself as much to winding up on all of our favorite paysites, and I don’t blame them. Beyond having more control over how they are seen it gives them control over their image. Ones that haven’t ended up on sites I’ve still managed to get personal content from.

It’s difficult to maybe see your rather vanilla video next to a topless one in a VOD store, maybe not exactly what you’d want someone to see if they googled you, even if you haven’t done anything like that yourself. And of course we are “guilty” of it because it caters to us.

However, it’s an older term now, and even though we might use it intergenerationally I don’t think younger bodybuilders or fitness fanatics are aware of the word unless they wind up seeing stuff like this thread

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

The big fat guy who licks his lips and fondles Michelle Maroldo's massive veiny bicep on the old WPW video is the prototype schmoe. He's physically repellant, super creepy, but rich enough to pay the woman to overcome her distaste. The schmoe uses money in place of genuine attraction, and does it so often that he becomes a connoisseur of the various muscle women and their attributes. He objectivizes the women and their muscles. It has to be done in person; one can't be a schmoe just by pursing this fetish online or through magazines.

[deleted]
Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

It's why I don't give my money to FBBs in real life, because I don't want to be a schmoe just because I'm incredibly attracted to muscular women.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

It's why I don't give my money to FBBs in real life, because I don't want to be a schmoe just because I'm incredibly attracted to muscular women.

@Corleone...I've never had a muscle worship session but have had some nice conversations with a few FBBs, through emails over the years. The thing that struck me was how appreciative, a few of them were towards the men who did worship them. Whether it was through a session or supporting their websites. They felt flattered that someone would actually pay money just to look at them or hundreds to touch them. You or no one else, should ever feel shame in either supporting them or just sitting back in awe of the rare female beauty they bring to the world. The few muscular women that I've been intimate with, felt like the sexiest woman alive because of how I appreciated their hard work and muscular development. If that makes me a schmoe....then so be it.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

@luvem………Well said….As you know, I’ve had many sessions and have paid a fortune in the process….I might add worth every penny…Being able to afford my muscle lust has been a blessing….I would trade places with Mike Bogen of WPW in a heartbeat…. It is apparent to me that most guys that have a negative opinion on what a Schmoe is has never been with a muscular woman……Shut up Pay up have a session and experience real muscle lust…..

[deleted]
Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

@luvem………Well said….As you know, I’ve had many sessions and have paid a fortune in the process….I might add worth every penny…Being able to afford my muscle lust has been a blessing….I would trade places with Mike Bogen of WPW in a heartbeat…. It is apparent to me that most guys that have a negative opinion on what a Schmoe is has never been with a muscular woman……Shut up Pay up have a session and experience real muscle lust…..

I've been with muscular women. I just didn't have to pay for it.

I have given money to websites of muscular women like HerBiceps and I've given money to individual websites ran by the FBB that was featured on the site. I just haven't done sessions or engaged an FBB in person in exchange for money because I'm not a schmoe to be disrespected after you (i.e., the FBB) take my money. That's how I feel about it. Maybe I've heard too many FBBs diss their fans too much. I'm sure that not all FBBs are disparaging of their fans, as Luvem said.

Jan 21, 2023 - permalink

The big fat guy who licks his lips and fondles Michelle Maroldo's massive veiny bicep on the old WPW video is the prototype schmoe. He's physically repellant, super creepy, but rich enough to pay the woman to overcome her distaste.

@untergr8... That's unnecessarily cruel. Mike Bogen, the lucky guy in the Michele Maroldo video, was a very cool dude. Chatted with him multiple times in the old Diana the Valkyrie days. Was he the best actor, no. Was he in shape, no. Was the muscle worship plot goofy, absolutely. I'm sure myself and many others could have perhaps done a more realistic muscle worship video presentation. Still, if I was in his shoes, dealing with Michele and probably the best biceps ever developed by a female. I'm not sure how I could even breathe...much less act. By the way...Mike is no longer with us. He's worshipping biceps in heaven. 💪👍

[deleted]
Jan 22, 2023 - permalink

@untergr8... That's unnecessarily cruel. Mike Bogen, the lucky guy in the Michele Maroldo video, was a very cool dude. Chatted with him multiple times in the old Diana the Valkyrie days. Was he the best actor, no. Was he in shape, no. Was the muscle worship plot goofy, absolutely. I'm sure myself and many others could have perhaps done a more realistic muscle worship video presentation. Still, if I was in his shoes, dealing with Michele and probably the best biceps ever developed by a female. I'm not sure how I could even breathe...much less act. By the way...Mike is no longer with us. He's worshipping biceps in heaven. 💪👍

I'm sorry to hear he's gone. I didn't think that Michelle was put off by him at all. Though he made me cringe a lot with some of the stuff he said, he did make incredible videos with Michelle. Legendary, even.

Jan 22, 2023 - permalink

I'm sorry to hear he's gone. I didn't think that Michelle was put off by him at all. Though he made me cringe a lot with some of the stuff he said, he did make incredible videos with Michelle. Legendary, even.

those oldschool videos where cringe as hell from time to time, still they had awesome flexing shots

Jan 22, 2023 - edited Jan 22, 2023 - permalink

In my opinion, a "Schmoe" is someone who takes their love for muscular women a bit too far i.e. considering any woman who's not muscular as somehow "inferior" or not as beautiful, think muscular women deserve everything simply because they workout, or will defend their actions even if detrimental.

This is what I lean toward as well in defining "schmoe." It's one thing to be attracted to buff women, but the way some dudes literally worship the ground they walk on, call them goddesses and think they are the most superior beings in the known universe come across as really creepy. I also think a "schmoe" is someone who has no social skills with buff women (or any women for that matter,) and can't seem to communicate with them other than to ask them fetish-filled questions. Like, to give you all hope, talking to buff women is actually pretty easy, and it's easy because the bar is set so incredibly low. Like, if you actually message her or talk to her like a person and not a fetish object, you'll usually go a long way.

You don't have to be a gym buff to have an FBB wife

Don't kid yourself. Yeah, you don't need to a bodybuilder yourself, but there's a reason why fit women usually get with fit men. It's about sharing a similar lifestyle. When you're that dedicated in the gym, in your diet, and in your recovery, having a partner who doesn't share in those things can lead to an enormous amount of strain (I've heard stories from fit and muscular women who have tried dating non-fit guys, but usually they complain about how much time they spend at the gym, or what they have in the house for meals, or that they can't always go out for drinks and crappy food, etc.) And yes, while there are couples out there where the guy is significantly less fit than his partner, they are the exception, not the norm. Want a fit woman? Get involved in your fitness community.

Plus, I find it just odd and ironic when admirers get mad or jealous when their favorite muscular women are with a muscular guy. Like, you want your partner to put in the massive amount of work it takes to be muscular and have that body type that you find so attractive...without you yourself putting in that same effort?

« first < prev Page 1 of 2 next > last »