Powerlifter (37, 8.5%)
Weightlifter (30, 6.9%)
Calisthenics (27, 6.2%)
Strongwoman (2, 0.5%)
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Bodybuilding not included, but feel free to say your favorite category

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Track and field: sprinting, with pole vaulting a close second.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I would say CrossFit. However so much depends on training, diet and genetics that it really is hard to decide.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I chose "other" because of swimming, since broad shoulders & back are my favorite muscle groups on women, but there's also Running...and Hockey...

And Long Jump...

cgsweat
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I think a more apt title might be "Which sport produces your favorite physique?"

"Best" physique is arguable since it could be intended as either objective or subjective, depending upon the OP.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I think a more apt title might be "Which sport produces your favorite physique?"

"Best" physique is arguable since it could be intended as either objective or subjective, depending upon the OP.

"The best (muscle group)"

"Show me the best (muscle group)"

"Which lady has the best (muscle group)?"

Yeah, we are used to that subjectivity here XD

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

No one understands calisthenics apparantly.. :(

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I’m going to take a wild guess by saying bowling?

Chainer
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

10 years ago I would have said gymnast, but now I'm on Powerlifter

[deleted]
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I think weightlifting because it gives you bottom heavy physique and great muscle mass.

fp909
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

i think the old thinking aboutwhat a powerlifter looks like has to be thrown out the window now. there are plenty of IMO high-quality physiques as well as ones that are actually pro physiques and not that kind of "fat" look that is easiest to conjure up. A list, not in any order, of powerlifters who's bodies i love:

Hunter Henderson

Robyn Machado

Audrey Miller

Lystus Ebosele

Mandy Ogoe

Jessica Desatnick

Marina Maxwell

Jan 15, 2023 - edited Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Track and field: sprinting, with pole vaulting a close second.

That. Long jump is same as sprinting. Plus heptathlon. Beach volley too.

All other options produce bulky blocky bodies, heavy upper body muscles, bad aesthetics.

Some gymnasts look good but not many, bodytype is very specific.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Besides powerlifting?

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

CrossFit

Jan 15, 2023 - edited Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Well, for functionality, its definetly gymnastics, doesnt look like it but its really damn hard. Besides that I'd say swimming. (but yes its subjective)

[deleted]
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I have to vote gymnastics from personal experience only.

Growing up, the only girl who could beat the boys in the class at strength contests was a pretty gymnast, and as a grown up the strongest, most muscular women that I've dated have been former gymnasts.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Not commending on physique.

Swimmers are some of the worst athletes on land. No coordination. Good only in water.

Gymnast are the most versatile all around athletes. Pound for pound they can crush most competition and do well on any sport. Even crossfitters are way below gymnasts.

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Swimmers are some of the worst athletes on land. No coordination. Good only in water.

Yes but earth is 75% water so swimmers have the advantage

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Not commending on physique.

Gymnast are the most versatile all around athletes. Pound for pound they can crush most competition and do well on any sport. Even crossfitters are way below gymnasts.

Yeaaaah but, the whole point in swimming that you are in water,what are you talking about?

Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

Speedskaters legs are Phantastic

[deleted]
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I’ve thinking about beach volleyball players, how they have so developer physique compared to classic volleyball players?

fp909
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I’ve seen plenty of gymnasts who are terrible athletes. Cannot throw. Cannot run anything other than metered sprints. Ok to terrible hand eye for things like basketball.

On the other hand i and many others watched a bunch of crossfitter and complain about a softball toss even when we discovered these adults didn’t know how to throw a ball. All except 2 or 3. It was incredible.

All of these you can get away with being a non athletic person and be an elite athlete

fp909
Jan 15, 2023 - permalink

I’ve thinking about beach volleyball players, how they have so developer physique compared to classic volleyball players?

They’re leaner and they have to be. I’ve dabbled in both indoor and beach and comparatively indoor conditioning is very different. I’ve been to countless ncaa women’s matches at this point and maybe one ke two of them I would say were lean. A lot of them switched to beach and shed a lot of fluff

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »