Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

An Da-Jeong Heart Attack

Dec 23, 2022 - permalink

The translation on my instagram says she had 7 heart attacks and is on a ventilator.

cgsweat
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Source?

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

I don't know if she had 7 heart attacks or is on a ventilator, but she's definitely in a hospital. Given all the steroids and other PEDs bodybuilders take, this is no surprise.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

I wish her all the best in terms of a recovery but as @Calex1234 accurately states, the number of 'substances' ingested deems this to be no surprise.

Dec 24, 2022 - edited Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Here's wishing to her speedy recovery. BTW, is it me or is this hospitalization for bodybuilders becoming a new norm? Cause every once in a while someone is getting hospitalized and it turns out that they were all bodybuilders.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Here's wishing to her speedy recovery. BTW, is it me or is this hospitalization for bodybuilders becoming a new norm? Cause if once in a while someone is getting hospitalized and it turns out that they were all bodybuilders.

the amount of juice these girls are on now...especially cutting hard before shows takes a toll. surprised these things dont happen more often.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

She just posted on her Instagram about 45 minutes ago that she’s recovering well and apologized for not being able to contact anyone for the last several days. She’s at St Mary’s Hospital in Seoul.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Damm she is one of my favorites i hope she is going to be ok. the sport is too extreme they are reaching the limits of the human body.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

hospitalization for bodybuilders becoming a new norm?

Maybe I've been in this too long, but hasn't it always been like this? Unless earlier news reached the public more slowly. I have long come to the conclusion that if I do not want to experience cognitive dissonance, then I have to take three things for granted 1) steroids as an integral part of bodybuilding 2) silicone in the chest 3) sudden death.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

We wonder why this happens when these women are walking pharmacies? This “sport” needs a change

[deleted]
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

We wonder why this happens when these women are walking pharmacies? This “sport” needs a change

I mean if the women know the risks then it is on them. Some women will continue to use drugs even if the bodybuilding federations ban it but then maybe they will lose viewers since the women will not be as big.

[deleted]
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Lots of judgment and assumptions here with no facts

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Hoping for a speedy recovery.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Most likely the clot shot. Again.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Lots of judgment and assumptions here with no facts

Until there is a medical study done, we'll never know for sure. The perception is fairly accurate but the doubt lies in that we'll never know what drugs or enhancers are being used and in what doses, which types that will cause more harm, etc. There is a common denominator amongst the IFBB pros and the up and comers and maybe that's what we can agree on.

Deleted by Serotonin
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

A few months ago, in response to an FBB dying (I dont remember who), I saw some IFBB bigwigs or something like that saying some of the bodybuilding or female bodybuilding rules or requirements would be changed. Have there been any updates on that? Have the rules and requirements been changed?

Or am I misremembering and nobody said anything like that?

[deleted]
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Until there is a medical study done, we'll never know for sure. The perception is fairly accurate but the doubt lies in that we'll never know what drugs or enhancers are being used and in what doses, which types that will cause more harm, etc. There is a common denominator amongst the IFBB pros and the up and comers and maybe that's what we can agree on.

Until we hear what happened to An, you're making assumptions with no facts. Stop disrespecting her and the bodybuilding profession until we know if she's even in the hospital and for what. Otherwise, you're all gossiping like school children.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Until we hear what happened to An, you're making assumptions with no facts. Stop disrespecting her and the bodybuilding profession until we know if she's even in the hospital and for what. Otherwise, you're all gossiping like school children.

No disrespect to An! We're all entitled to our opinions. I am trying to be fair and did not assume anything about An's case or others. Chill out.

[deleted]

No disrespect to An! We're all entitled to our opinions. I am trying to be fair and did not assume anything about An's case or others. Chill out.

I'm not mad or even a little upset. I'm fine. Perhaps the cynical speculating above is accurate, but we don't know that. Think about if she was your loved one and strangers started publicly speculating about the nefariousness of her passion (bodybuilding) and assuming that that's why she's in the hospital, if she indeed is even in the hospital. We don't know anything and speculating with gossip is disrespectful.

Edit: You know what comes up when you google An's name with "heart attack" or "hospital?" This thread. That's it. I need to see more proof before I even believe she's hospitalized, let alone know the cause of it.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

I'm not mad or even a little upset. I'm fine. Perhaps the cynical speculating above is accurate, but we don't know that. Think about if she was your loved one and strangers started publicly speculating about the nefariousness of her passion (bodybuilding) and assuming that that's why she's in the hospital, if she indeed is even in the hospital. We don't know anything and speculating with gossip is disrespectful.

Edit: You know what comes up when you google An's name with "heart attack" or "hospital?" This thread. That's it. I need to see more proof before I even believe she's hospitalized, let alone know the cause of it.

To be fair to Sigma592, 'heart attack' is the term used by An when posting her update. Not to stir further controversy but I suspect that was what she was told by the medical staff to describe what she had been throught.

[deleted]
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

To be fair to Sigma592, 'heart attack' is the term used by An when posting her update. Not to stir further controversy but I suspect that was what she was told by the medical staff to describe what she had been throught.

Didn't mean to seem like I was attacking Sigma. I just think we should be wishing her well right now and waiting until we know more to speculate as to what happened.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Sorry if I came across aggressive, that wasn't my intention. I naturally agree with you about the speculations and the well-wishing. I should have refrained from adding the last sentence in retrospect.

[deleted]
Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

Sorry if I came across aggressive, that wasn't my intention. I naturally agree with you about the speculations and the well-wishing. I should have refrained from adding the last sentence in retrospect.

You're fine. I hope people don't see my comments as aggressive, either. They aren't intended that way.

Dec 24, 2022 - permalink

I wish An the very best and has a speedy recovery. My mistake was not not include this in my initial comment about this matter. May she fulfill all her goals in the future.

« first < prev Page 1 of 3 next > last »