Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Is there anything about your favourite fbb that annoys you?

Dec 20, 2022 - permalink

Ivie Rhein is one of my favourites, but I am always disappointed that she never does a front lat spread on stage. The nearest I can find is this, which is a very half hearted effort. The thing is she has great lats, and could do an awesome front lat spread.

Dec 20, 2022 - permalink

she's not my fave but angela yeo with the worst hairstyle ever ?

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Worse than Virginia Macias?

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Tattoos! Very much a turnoff. I wonder how many regret getting them.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Kristina Nicole Mendoza. That she doesn't close her fists tightly when she poses. She could look bigger.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Back in the day, there were a bunch of videos of Tomoko Kanda doing curls and she would put insane amounts of body english on them.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Some of my faves are very right wing

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Holy roller = instant bonerkill.

Talks about "The Secret", law of attraction, etc. = also instant bonerkill.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Holy roller = instant bonerkill.

Talks about "The Secret", law of attraction, etc. = also instant bonerkill.

Ha Ha, so true. There is another name for this - dumb as hell. You can waive personality for a hot girl up to a point. I've tried to let this all slide as of late however and just change the subject.

I don't like he term Schmoes. I don't ridicule women for being attracted to me. I don't have a name for girls with obsessive fetishes.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

This is a minority opinion here, but I dislike it when girls vacuum their abs.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

I don’t mind some tattoos at all, but when a muscle girl gets an entire sleeve, or covers their whole neck, I’m just like, why??

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Tats and anything TikTok…..its not junior high

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Bodybuilding seems to be a magnet for that.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Bodybuilding seems to be a magnet for that.

Feels like that’s a all around athletic thing. Seems to be more conservative than not.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Feels like that’s a all around athletic thing. Seems to be more conservative than not.

If you ever find an FBB left -wing nerd girl, might as well apply for your unicorn hunting license.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Missy with those lips, she looks so beautiful when they were norm

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

If you ever find an FBB left -wing nerd girl, might as well apply for your unicorn hunting license.

They definitely exist, though I think that they're more in the amateur, fetish, or SW side of things.

When it comes to competitions and the industry, it's not really safe for a serious FBB to espouse those leanings. The organization is EXTREMELY patriarchal. It's all men in charge, and conservative men at that. Women who are more conservative themselves simply fit in better there. They're also more likely to accept the horrendous second-class status that they hold compared to the male competitors.

That said, I think that many women are left leaning or apolitical.. they're just not that open about it. Angela Yeo, Paige Sandgren, and Carla Maria have all expressed fairly progressive sentiments.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

It pains me to agree with this because I think she's f**king amazing. Awesome bodybuilder and an incredible person. But yeah... her hair isn't my favorite. I do appreciate that she's so counter-culture and comfortable being herself though.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Eh, they exist, but they're in the minority. I'm a Crossfitter, and the majority of athletes here are also pretty conservative.

It's mostly a socioeconomical thing. Bodybuilding is an expensive sport, and people who have a lot of money tend to skew more right wing.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Eh, they exist, but they're in the minority. I'm a Crossfitter, and the majority of athletes here are also pretty conservative.

It's mostly a socioeconomical thing. Bodybuilding is an expensive sport, and people who have a lot of money tend to skew more right wing.

Maybe... it seems like a lot of lower-level competitors are fairly moderate income though. Lots of nurses and such.

I don't know much about crossfit, but bodybuilding is an intensely patriarchal business. Not only do men run the show, but it seems that many women get into due to the influence of their boyfriends and husbands. And from the business perspective... women are treated less like athletes and more like a sexy distraction. It's more the "Lingerie Football League" than it is Women's Tennis. The prize money is a joke compared to mens. The amount of preparation and the importance of facial beauty is huge compared to mens. I think that conservative women are more likely to roll with and accept this harsh inequity.

I'm just commenting on the industry part though. Bodybuilding and fitness is a massive thing outside of the IFBB and the NPC, and I think that the overall world is a lot more diverse and inclusive.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

I understand I can’t get everyone in the world to agree with me, let alone random bodybuilder women I follow on Instagram. Not only was I done Clohe Sannito cuase she was done with lifting, it really became too much when she said she could get into politics, and defeat AOC.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

I’m a fan of Yenny P (I think she’s blacklisted) but back in the day she had an incredible physique with absolutely ridiculous biceps. But nowadays she talks about how she looked like a monster and bad talks bodybuilding a lot on her insta

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

I understand I can’t get everyone in the world to agree with me, let alone random bodybuilder women I follow on Instagram. Not only was I done Clohe Sannito cuase she was done with lifting, it really became too much when she said she could get into politics, and defeat AOC.

Same for me with Shannon Courtney. OMG she went totally off the deep end.

[deleted]
Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

Same for me with Shannon Courtney. OMG she went totally off the deep end.

Agree. Shannon Courtney, Nikki Fuller, a few others . . . When I find out how ugly they are inside, the outside isn't so attractive anymore. People who have a multi-demo fan base should just keep their politics to themselves.

Dec 21, 2022 - permalink

I agree with the sentiment that a lot of fbb's appear to be unbearable stupid. I used to follow the women I liked on instagram, but one after another they became so annoying I had to unfollow pretty much all of them. Most often they are quite right wing including being anti-vaxx and anti-mask without understanding even the first thing about these topics. Others are quacks that celebrate homeopathy and chiropractors. And last but not least are the ones who are incredible full of themselves because they do bodybuilding - they call themselves "wolves" and "lions" while other are "sheep".

« first < prev Page 1 of 4 next > last »