Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Rising Phoenix

Sep 30, 2023 - permalink

What about Sherry Priami? Not on a Top 5?

she looked great i thought she got robbed

Sep 30, 2023 - permalink

Gotta hand it to Melissa that she knows how to strike a pose.

When she stands in line might be overlooked, but she is there when it counts.

Sherry is in great condition, not as balanced though as Melissa. Bit shaky too at posing.

fp909
Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I think Melissa has great structure and density overall. Plus great presentation. I wouldn’t be surprised to see a more about working to make her waist seem smaller. Her biceps are the same as Aycocks calves, not much you can do there but they don’t make it a challenge for her to place well.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Andrea Shaw is competing in a league of her own. But I'm really happy that Angela Yeo has increased her size considerably this year and maintained her impeccable conditioning.

fp909
Oct 01, 2023 - permalink
  1. Shaw
  2. Yeo
  3. Aycock
  4. Ash
  5. Dion
  6. Teich

PRetty nice pot if Aycock is taking in $12.5k for 3rd

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink
  1. Shaw
  2. Yeo
  3. Aycock
  4. Ash
  5. Dion
  6. Teich

Nothing new in the top 2, I think we all are expecting Shaw and Yeo.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink
  1. Shaw
  2. Yeo
  3. Aycock
  4. Ash
  5. Dion
  6. Teich

How much is Yeo taking for 2nd?

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I see Yeo amd Aycock and think damn they brought it, then you glance over and see Andrea Shaw and realize that there are levels to this....

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

After seeing the 2, Angela looks thicker & more cut

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I didn't have Michaela getting in the top five. She really brought it.

Her intensity and pursuit of growth is a major turn on

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I see Yeo amd Aycock and think damn they brought it, then you glance over and see Andrea Shaw and realize that there are levels to this....

Incredible to see so much beautiful muscle all in one place.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

IMO, Yeo beat Shaw in everything except shoulders and arms.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I agree... Angela, at least at this comp has caught up to Andrea... Not sure Andrea was at her very best, but as far as muscular development, at this show, Angela could have won and I don't think there would be much of and argument.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Andrea looked amazing, I think she will win the Olympia this year.

Also, Jake Wood is a great dude. He helped keep women's bodybuilding alive.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Thanks for the up-to-the-minute reporting, guys. Looks like this was another awesome event.

Congratulations, Andrea!

Angela - you are RIGHT THERE - well done, ma'am!!

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Michaela placing 3rd was big and Teich at 6th. Priami might have been a little lower than expected but, this is the not only the big league but an all-star line up. This tells us the who's who names out there.

Ms Olympia is in early November so there's time for some moves up or down within the Top 6 or 7.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I'm wondering if it has to do with the "downsizing" feedback Andrea had received the year before and now Yeo has actually packed on the "mass" that the judges were discouraging becaise Shaw used to be bigger.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I accept Andrea Shaw as the winner. She didn't rip off any of the other ones, even if she isn't as clear winner as IFBB might think. They usually stick to the same winner (of the Olympia) until the contestant decides to retire. If I was a judge I would've judged down Michaela Aycock heavily. I don"t understand what's the thing with her. Wide waist that makes her legs look like sticks and her back wide, but not because of lats that spread out. The only one that according to me could threat Andrea Shaw at the moment is Anastasia Leonova. My favourite Kristina Mendoza needs to improve the conditioning and grow bigger. The world needs more mass monsters.

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

From the clips and photos I saw, I can't understand why Sherry Priami finished below Melissa Teich. I love them both, but that comparison doesn't even look close to me. Sherry harder and with better shape.

Oct 01, 2023 - edited Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

Angie got robbed. Also damn Michaela's glutes are so shredded. At this point idk what IS the criteria for being Ms. O. And why is Andrea being critiqued for being to big and shredded (cuz they told her to soften up and get a tad bit smaller)?

Oct 01, 2023 - permalink

I was wondering when the "such & such got robbed" narrative would start up. Always happens particularly with every multiple time Olympia winner. But let's be real. If you don't bring the clear superior physique or if you're just neck & neck with the favorite the top spot is more than likely going to go with the favorite. Like with boxing you gotta beat the champion to be the champion. By the end of the fight if people are saying it could go either way more than likely the champion will retain. You can't leave any doubt in anyone's mind. That's why Kim beat Lenda but Alina never beat Iris.

And at no point has the judging criteria for the women's division ever been concrete. Been an ongoing issue since the FBB division was created. Like all forms of sports you can't stall progress. But that is exactly what they actively try to do with the women's division. Maybe the judges should just brake out the tape and add measurement restrictions for every division. When it's weigh-in time check the measurements and if you exceed the limits you automatically move up a division.

Oct 02, 2023 - permalink

And at no point has the judging criteria for the women's division ever been concrete.

*Cory

*Lenda

*Kim

*Iris

*Andrea

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »