Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

How old are you?

Nov 08, 2022 - permalink

I'm 27

Nov 08, 2022 - permalink

I'm one of the over 60s. For the younger guys and girls visiting this site...imagine what us older viewers actually experience, seeing all of this amazing female muscle!! When we were young, especially when we first discovered that we loved muscles on girls, a girl with muscle was very rare. When I did actually see a girl with muscles, I couldn't even gather the courage to talk to her. I put her on a pedestal...they were just way too hot for me. 🥴

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I think more younger people vote in polls and don't mind revealing their age. I think there are more older people on this site who wouldn't vote or reveal their true age.

tamarok
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I think more younger people vote in polls and don't mind revealing their age. I think there are more older people on this site who wouldn't vote or reveal their true age.

Probably, though we need to remind ourselves that outting our age here isn't going to diminish meeting any of the women on this site, socially. The likelihood is already near zero for many, unless you already know them.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I am 61yo thought more would be over 60. Maybe some are not telling the truth lol.😃

Exactly. Who is going to admit they are over 70?

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I don't know, I personally think it's fascinating, I view them as veterans.

I'm one of the over 60s. For the younger guys and girls visiting this site...imagine what us older viewers actually experience, seeing all of this amazing female muscle!! When we were young, especially when we first discovered that we loved muscles on girls, a girl with muscle was very rare. When I did actually see a girl with muscles, I couldn't even gather the courage to talk to her. I put her on a pedestal...they were just way too hot for me. 🥴

Well, they still feel like unicorns in real life. We just got an endless supply of digital content we can stare at.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Exactly. Who is going to admit they are over 70?

I'm 75. Is that incriminating in some way?

cgsweat
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

I didn't see the "over 60" category; I thought the categories stopped at 55–59.

There is a "60 or over" option.

cgsweat
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

My take on it is that the older fellas tend to be more vocal. Perhaps the younger crowd truly is much more numerous, it's just that they would rather do things other than comment.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Some assisted living centers might block this site.

cgsweat
Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Hey Kevin, welcome to the Old Farts Club. 🙂

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Hey Kevin, welcome to the Old Farts Club. 🙂

Lol, I pay my grandkids to smuggle a WiFi hotspot past the activities director.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

My take on it is that the older fellas tend to be more vocal. Perhaps the younger crowd truly is much more numerous, it's just that they would rather do things other than comment.

This feels right to me. A lot of the more vocal people on this site tend to have a writing style that I'd associate with being an old head. Just got a particular " flavor" to it lol

tamarok
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

There are assisted living centres that have site filters!? That must be depressing.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

Lol, I pay my grandkids to smuggle a WiFi hotspot past the activities director.

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I read what you say with total agreement, snap! I remember seeing a picture of Rachel McLish on the cover of Muscle and Fitness after she won the first Ms O. I stopped breathing, I had no idea women could build muscle, or would even consider trying! From then on I was hooked, buying every mag that covered FBB and reading all about how the women were discovering what worked for them. Joe Weider certainly filled a big gap in his market place. What was exclusively for men, slowly becoming OK for women too. Do you remember how much abuse women got when they went to the gym? Many male bodybuilders were not happy, it was an exclusive men's club. We waited up to 6 months to hear who won the next competition, no internet. Every competition there were new faces, bigger and better conditioning, every new mag was better than the last. Great times.

[deleted]
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

Where does it say age of those running this ?

It doesn't. I've been visiting this website for what seems like a decade now, so I'd guess that Chainer is in his 30s now if he started it in his 20s. I'm only guessing. Or maybe he started it in his teens. I have no idea. No idea how old the mods are. I think they fall on the younger side, though, judging from the way they comment and react to things. Again, just a guess.

[deleted]
Nov 10, 2022 - edited Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

I read what you say with total agreement, snap! I remember seeing a picture of Rachel McLish on the cover of Muscle and Fitness after she won the first Ms O. I stopped breathing, I had no idea women could build muscle, or would even consider trying! From then on I was hooked, buying every mag that covered FBB and reading all about how the women were discovering what worked for them. Joe Weider certainly filled a big gap in his market place. What was exclusively for men, slowly becoming OK for women too. Do you remember how much abuse women got when they went to the gym? Many male bodybuilders were not happy, it was an exclusive men's club. We waited up to 6 months to hear who won the next competition, no internet. Every competition there were new faces, bigger and better conditioning, every new mag was better than the last. Great times.

I'm 48. I remember when the only way to see muscular women was in magazines at the supermarket like Joe Weider's Muscle & Fitness. Then we got cable TV in the late 80s/early 90s and you could watch the ESPN morning workout shows (Kiana Tom, Cory Everson). Sometimes ESPN would air IFBB women's shows, but that was rare. Then came the Internet and Diana the Valkyrie's website and the rest is history.

I can't imagine how my younger self would've handled the overload of FBB material that we see on the WWW these days!

Nov 10, 2022 - edited Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

Every competition there were new faces, bigger and better conditioning, every new mag was better than the last. Great times*. *

This! Perfectly expressed.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

Great memories. I think there were times in my teenage years where I would have picked WPW or M&F over Playboy if forced to choose. Not that I didn't like Playboy, but the early FBBs fascinated me. The summer of 1985 had Krista Parr on the cover and it was the most sublime thing I had ever seen in my life. She was just so beautiful.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

> > Which category would that be?

I didn't see the "over 60" category; I thought the categories stopped at 55–59.

The "Show Results"screen stops at 55–59.

Nov 11, 2022 - edited Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

It really surprised me that my generation is the largest group. Do you think the under-20 group would become more than us in the last few years? Oh at that time they will be 20-25 too.

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I thought this site was mostly old men. since people always talk about the old days. and how they grew up a time when there where no fbbs. and they had to go to the circus to see strong women.

« first < prev Page 2 of 3 next > last »