Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

How old are you?

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

It really surprised me that my generation is the largest group. Do you think the under-20 group would become more than us in the last few years? Oh at that time they will be 20-25 too.

I think they will. I am 48. In our gym i am seeing more and more young girls lifting weights. Some of them better built than their male counter parts. I see them flexing in the mirror trying to build bigger muscles. I am lucky to have a wife that likes to lift. I always joke and say i was born in the wrong era 🤣. When i was in my 20's girls did not want to build muacle. I only got entroduced to flex magazine and so on after i started working. Even then everyone was against woman building muscle. One guy made a coment one day when i bougt a flex mag that i was buying it for the men, so, even then i had to wait till there was litle or none people in the shop before i bought🤣. Muscle girls are almost the norm now and the girls are bigger and more ripped than ever and, they love it....... so do we🤣

Nov 11, 2022 - permalink

I thought this site was mostly old men. since people always talk about the old days. and how they grew up a time when there where no fbbs. and they had to go to the circus to see strong women.

No, I think us old un's just have a lot more to say about the subject, as we have seen many changes, and continue to learn as well. Not sure why we chat about it more, but hopefully it is of interest to all ages. I would love to hear more from other age groups, what they think about how the sport is developing.

Until Newsgroups like alt.amazon-admirers came along, there was virtually no contact with other fans or the athletes, so we still have a lot of catching up to do.

Nov 12, 2022 - permalink

I’m 50 and this has been a great discussion - thanks folks :)

Jul 20, 2023 - permalink

It's way more younger people on here now than I ever expected pretty cool!

« first < prev Page 3 of 3 next > last »