Forum > General / Nonfiction > Thread

Washington Post article on FBB exploitation in the IFBB/NPC

Chainer
Oct 27, 2022 - permalink

I don't want to get too far off subject,

Then don't post. No "let me bash the right/left just this one time."

Oct 27, 2022 - permalink

I see more athletes agreeing with Goob. Plus does anyone find it weird that WaPo turned OFF the comments on their video? They probably didn't want people pointing out they have a convicted felon as their star witness.

Except that it's mentioned in the Post's article. That comment from Goob about conducting his own research was such a colossal face-plant. Again, if people want to claim "rag" journalism, then the Post never would have mentioned it at all. From the article:

Henderson’s law enforcement career later ended in scandal after she was accused of faking an injury and improperly collecting workers’ compensation benefits. In 2019, she pleaded no contest to a felony count of making a false or fraudulent claim or statement and was sentenced to six months of house arrest.

fp909
Oct 28, 2022 - permalink

a reddit dicussion:

https://www.reddit.com/r/bodybuilding/comment...

Also i need to check out what lobliner has said on this. the story is now growing so it's going to be intresting to see if any bigger active competitors say anything about it

cgsweat
Nov 02, 2022 - permalink

Derek from "More Plates More Dates" talks about this for about 20 mins, if case anyone has time to kill:

https://youtu.be/85ZqrRza1bA?t=32

Nov 03, 2022 - permalink

Lets be honest sex sells. girls get recruited for these shoots to get exposure and obtain sponsors in the industry at the npc/ifbb level. maybe some goin in think $500 for contest pics after the show helps with expenses. always that photographer who wants his "subjects" outta their comfort zone to show more skin and to make more profit. whats his website anyway? these girls seem willing in the shoots and have second thought later. its too late and they cant erase the internet which is sad.

fp909
Nov 03, 2022 - permalink

apparently Lisa Bloom, the lawyer who defended Harvey Weinstein, is now on the case

lmao talk about maybe the wrong person you want to defend your personhood. I get as a lawyer shes just taking a job but based on what i've heard i'm not sure i'm willing to be defended by someone who was willing to go to the lengths she did to get Weinstein off

pun intended

Nov 03, 2022 - permalink

Lisa Bloom is Gloria Allred's daughter. Gloria Allred is one of the most annoying people on the planet.

« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »