Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Your comment doesn't meet the minimum quality threshold.

Nov 06, 2022 - edited Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

What you posted above is not the entire message.

YES.

IT.

IS.

Here is a screenshot of the entire thing:

Note the new message field at the bottom showing the end of the thread, and the lack of any "edited" marks on the messages.

Stop berating people for shit that only exists inside your own head.

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

I'm sorry that you felt like I was berating you. Thank you for posting the entire message.

I think that the reason why I thought that you had made a bigger deal about the single report that I made was because I did not understand why you had sent me a private message at all. Why didn't you just ignore the single report? I would not have made another report. As Drakdale, I very rarely reported anyone for anything in the (what seems like) decade that I was that username on GWM. I have not made a single report as LectricBoogaloo. I don't frivolously report people. I did not report DamageControl for calling me creepy. I made the report because I thought that the mods should be held to a higher standard.

Why did you feel the need to send me an angry private message reiterating that I was weird? It seemed like you wanted to take a personal shot, like I had offended you in some way by making a single report about unfortunate behavior by a mod and so you had to private message me. Othewise, why not just ignore me? We wouldn't be having this exchange if you would have just ignored me.

At any rate, it was one of a number of things that happened around the same time that made me lose some respect in the administration of this website. More specifically, it seems that how we treat others here doesn't matter as long as we don't say boing.

So, are you finally going to stop publicly lying about it now? Ignoring you is what I was trying to do after my original DM to stop misuing the reporting system.

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

So, are you finally going to stop publicly lying about it now? Ignoring you is what I was trying to do after my original DM to stop misuing the reporting system.

What am I lying about? Do you mean because I thought you had said more about how many reports I made (one)? That's my big "lie?"

I made one report about a mod harshly judging someone (in this case, me) because I thought that mods should be held to a higher standard ... and that's misusing the reporting system so badly that you felt the need to private message me and reiterate that I'm weird. Okay.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

Why didn't you just ignore the single report?

Because you needed to be told that your behavior is creepy and weird. One could easily call it a consensus by now. Almost every sentence in your message contains a red flag or an attempt at manipulating someone's perception of you or falsely portraying either you or someone else. The few things missing are that you always wipe your butt properly and change your underwear daily.

I'm sorry that you felt like I was berating you.

You should be sorry for falsely accusing someone. That is, for something you did. Not for something only you are saying someone else felt.

[deleted]

Because you needed to be told that your behavior is creepy and weird. One could easily call it a consensus by now. Almost every sentence in your message contains a red flag or an attempt at manipulating someone's perception of you or falsely portraying either you or someone else. The few things missing are that you always wipe your butt properly and change your underwear daily.

You should be sorry for falsely accusing someone. That is, for something you did. Not for something only you are saying someone else felt.

If that's what you really think, then your reading comprehension is suspect and I'm wasting my time beating my head against the proverbial wall. But I was talking to Chipperpip, not you, and you do not speak for anyone but yourself.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

What am I lying about?

This, obviously:

was read the riot act in a private message from a mod. He chewed me out, called me angry names, etc. I refuse to engage in that kind of playground bullying

And this, repeatedly:

That is not the entire DM you sent me.

I'm going to say we can drop this here to not derail the thread any further, it's obviously pointless trying to get you to admit any wrongdoing. Don't make up shit to accuse people of in the future.

[deleted]

This, obviously:

And this, repeatedly:

I'm going to say we can drop this here to not derail the thread any further, it's obviously pointless trying to get you to admit any wrongdoing. Don't make up shit to accuse people of in the future.

I don't understand why you would say that it's pointless trying to get me to admit to any wrongdoing when I already said that I had misremembered you being a bit harsher in your DM and explained why. I even apologized to you. What more do you want? Are you using this error that I admitted to as a way to deflect against everything else I said? Seems like it.

I have nothing to hide and I've been consistent. That's why I thanked you for posting the entire DM. That's why I directed people to the Real Encounters thread. I would not want these things to be available for people to read if I was being obtuse or disingenuous.

If this comes to nothing, then I will wish that I had not said what my original, long-time username was (Drakdale). I don't want to waste people's time. But this does relate to the MQT in that it gets to the heart of my problem with it, namely that it curbs the trivial while leaving alone what really might deter visitors and women from this website (being disrespectful and mean to one another). I've been consistent about that being the issue for me from the beginning. It isn't about me being personally hurt. It's about how we judge each other here.

Again, I apologize for thinking that there was more to the DM and thank you for posting it in its entirety. I explained why I thought that you had said more. My criticisms otherwise still stand as stated above.

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
Nov 07, 2022 - edited Nov 07, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
[deleted]
Nov 07, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by chipperpip
Nov 07, 2022 - permalink

Most of the comments on here are, frankly, pretty worthless. I don't mean that disparagingly, it's just that if you leave a comment that says " excellent form 👍" and it doesnt get allowed, it doesn't really add anything even if it did get allowed. TBH most of my comments were pointless like that as well so I actually just deleted them.

Honestly I think that if there's going to be comments at all, the MQT should be exceedingly strict and people should be on a very short leash, and alot of the discussion should be pushed to the forum where it's more effort to post and can weed out the people just quickly commenting because their h*rny. Let's face it, this is borderline a fetish website of pictures of women that were ( as far as I can tell) mostly uploaded here without their prior approval. I agree with some of the opinions above, if you like the pic +1 it and move on. It's not like you have a constitutional right to comment on women's picture on this website unmolested by a quality filter. Have something you think is important to say and it's being blocked by the filter, head to the forum. It's not worth making a forum post or comment, maybe just +1 and quickly close the page so your boss doesn't see.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

so i tried to make this comment : "wow she's got some really massive boulder shoulders"

and got the quality threshold error message.

what should i have said instead ?

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

so i tried to make this comment : "wow she's got some really massive boulder shoulders"

and got the quality threshold error message.

what should i have said instead ?

"Good heavens, this woman has got some incredibly well developed shoulders, that are so good that I am obliged to make a compliment of some description". Or something equally ridiculous!

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Someone said "Good morning" to me yesterday. What a pointless, insipid comment. I wish that organism could have been stopped from talking with an MQT.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Most of the comments on here are, frankly, pretty worthless. I don't mean that disparagingly, it's just that if you leave a comment that says " excellent form 👍" and it doesnt get allowed, it doesn't really add anything even if it did get allowed. TBH most of my comments were pointless like that as well so I actually just deleted them.

Honestly I think that if there's going to be comments at all, the MQT should be exceedingly strict and people should be on a very short leash, and alot of the discussion should be pushed to the forum where it's more effort to post and can weed out the people just quickly commenting because their h*rny. Let's face it, this is borderline a fetish website of pictures of women that were ( as far as I can tell) mostly uploaded here without their prior approval. I agree with some of the opinions above, if you like the pic +1 it and move on. It's not like you have a constitutional right to comment on women's picture on this website unmolested by a quality filter. Have something you think is important to say and it's being blocked by the filter, head to the forum. It's not worth making a forum post or comment, maybe just +1 and quickly close the page so your boss doesn't see.

Then what would you say is an example of a comment worth staying posted and why? There seems to be more people agreeing with the way it's being run; turning their nose up at short comments, but then provide no examples of acceptable comments. There's just sanctions without lessons to be learned from them.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

Then what would you say is an example of a comment worth staying posted and why?

People have the mistaken idea that they can either do whatever they please or obey one rule at a time. Some think that the one single rule is that the comment can't be too short. Some think that lewd comments are the problem. But when an overstated compliment (not lewd) with lots of extra verbiage (not short) gets rejected, they're at their wit's end.

Some seem to have a raging urge to comment and need to be guided quickly to do it lest they explode all over the Internet.

I have an idea. Let's compare this with the publishing industry. You will get your paper or book published if you manage to convince them that you have something marketable to say. There is no such thing as a right to get one's book or paper published.

The third rule that everyone seems to miss constantly and the proponents of the filter keep repeating is that if your comment is a variation on "whoa" or "wow" then don't.

The rule that stands now is that if it's lewd, if it's very short or just an exclamation, if it is a variation on "whoa" or "wow", also known as compliment, or it has lots of extra verbiage to get around an earlier rejection, then stop.

If not, then try to post it. If you are caught by the filter, then come here and ask about it. But if it's any of the reasons in the previous paragraph then don't waste anyone's time. And if it's just an urge to comment, without giving anyone any useful information or serving any other person or purpose, then just drop it.

Nov 09, 2022 - permalink

People have the mistaken idea that they can either do whatever they please or obey one rule at a time. Some think that the one single rule is that the comment can't be too short. Some think that lewd comments are the problem. But when an overstated compliment (not lewd) with lots of extra verbiage (not short) gets rejected, they're at their wit's end.

Some seem to have a raging urge to comment and need to be guided quickly to do it lest they explode all over the Internet.

I have an idea. Let's compare this with the publishing industry. You will get your paper or book published if you manage to convince them that you have something marketable to say. There is no such thing as a right to get one's book or paper published.

The third rule that everyone seems to miss constantly and the proponents of the filter keep repeating is that if your comment is a variation on "whoa" or "wow" then don't.

The rule that stands now is that if it's lewd, if it's very short or just an exclamation, if it is a variation on "whoa" or "wow", also known as compliment, or it has lots of extra verbiage to get around an earlier rejection, then stop.

If not, then try to post it. If you are caught by the filter, then come here and ask about it. But if it's any of the reasons in the previous paragraph then don't waste anyone's time. And if it's just an urge to comment, without giving anyone any useful information or serving any other person or purpose, then just drop it.

There are two problems with this off the bat; not everyone is a wordsmith with the ability or desire to express their admiration in a poetic or substantial statement. To be fair, as an artist, I agree that one word phrases like "woah" when having your work admired is useless and weightless. But the admins aren't the "artists" in these posts, they're admins. They dictate what can and can't be said on a platform they happen to run, which leads to my second point.

The admin's idea of what is considered "lewd", as you put it, is completely subjective. Which also means that whatever is considered lewd by the admins is subject to change, making it difficult to determine what is acceptable and what isn't. What if they continuously fold to the pressure of more sensitive women who feature on this site? Eventually, chances are we'll only be able to post 1 word comments as anything more will be inappropriate or "lewd". Even if that doesn't happen, the point is it's a slippery slope.

Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

My four-year-old niece drew a "picture" of me with the sun in the background. It looked nothing like me. She also said, "I love you," AKA the most cliched, hack comment. Why bother wasting my time? In fairness, my drawings were no different, but I recently destroyed all of them -- what with having now seen the light and introducing quality control to the world. Why would someone say "I love you" when they can create a unique, quality remark: "Yer titties are perfection and perfect for mounting. Ron Paul 2012!!"

Chainer
Nov 10, 2022 - permalink

At this point this is just unproductive bitching about the filter, so allow me to redirect it in a more productive direction: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/forum/thread/...

Thread locked by Chainer.
« first < prev Page 6 of 6 next > last »