Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Your comment doesn't meet the minimum quality threshold.

Nov 03, 2022 - permalink

Thanks, Chainer.

Nov 03, 2022 - permalink

For science, I wrote a moronic comment. Unless it's been shadow-banned, it should appear now.

Lol - just saw that.

Nov 04, 2022 - permalink

Unless it's been shadow-banned...

I think Youtube does that a lot. More than half the comments I write there get that treatment. But it is a feature that does not happen accidentally and is also easy to check for. Just use a different account, different browser without logging in or a different IP address.

Not sure if Facebook or Reddit or Twitter do that too. But it's not something that could remain a secret for long.

Nov 04, 2022 - permalink

@reggieiv: What is mostly getting you is the repetitiveness of your comments.

I also get the feeling that you're padding out your comments with fluff because you perceive that this gets it past the filter more easily.

Also consider this comment, for example:

> Myngoodness. The abs are incredible. I don't think I have ever seen anything like them.

Why not just press "+1" and tag the image with "abs"? The comment doesn't add much on top of that.

The kinds of comments I'm looking to filter out are:

1. Comments a bot could have written without even processing the picture in any way ("hot!" "wow!" etc.) This is pretty easy for the filter to detect.
  2. Comments that fall in the category of "things you'd like to do to her", for example "I'd like to mount her". This is generally not too hard to detect but it requires maintaining a list of words it looks for and "mount" hasn't been on that list. However, this is probably working more effectively than you would think based on what you see on the site, because you only see the false negatives but not the cases where it correctly rejected a comment.
  3. Comments that are basically #1 but with fluff added. Example from your comments: "Count me as impressed. I can't wait to see more." This is just "wow" with more words. Just press the +1 button. This is pretty hard, but not impossible, for the filter to detect, and just because you managed to sneak it past the filter doesn't make it great.

That said, a lot of your comments are pretty decent (counting the weight they're lifting, responding to others, etc) so I don't want to come across as too hard on the comments. If you decreased the fluff you would get past the filter more often.

I agree that repetitive comments don't add much, and I apologize if my comments appear repetitive. I will try not to write so many, but the one you quote here, "Myngoodness. The abs are incredible. I don't think I have ever seen anything like them," obviously passed muster, whereas the one that i got dinged for was 1) the first comment on that page, so obviously not repetitive, 2) a comment on the quality of the work she was doing, based on the exercise she was doing and the form, and 3) a comment on how the final result reflected that hard work.

I don't see anything problematic with that comment.

cgsweat
Nov 04, 2022 - permalink

GWM isn't a "big tech" platform. We don't have shadow-banning capabilities, and it's already been disproven since:

Lol - just saw that.

Nov 04, 2022 - permalink

I don't see anything problematic with that comment.

Not about that particular comment, but two things I want to add:

First one is that people have it completely backwards if they think that the filter is a reliable test of a comment's worth. I think Chainer has already said multiple times what is a good comment and what isn't. The filter is supposed to approximate that as closely as possible, not the other way round.

Not getting caught by the filter is like not getting caught by the police. No guarantee that you haven't done something wrong.

Second one is that repetitive does not mean repetitive considering that particular picture only. It may mean repetitive considering your own history, that particular model or the entire site.

[deleted]
Nov 05, 2022 - edited Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

The MQT is arbitrary and dubious. It filters what offends the administration of this website, but leaves most of the comments bashing the women featured on here (comments insulting their appearance, especially regarding roids, tattoos, etc.). There are so many comments hating on tattoos and bashing women for steroids that you would think the repetition detecting algorithm in the MQT would catch them, but it does not.

If the MQT focused on enforcing respect towards the women featured on this website, then I would understand it. But it leaves those disrespectful, even mean, comments unfiltered.

If I was a FBB featured on this website, I would roll my eyes at "boing" and the like, but I would ask for myself to be removed from this website if I read comments like, for example (and this example is not one of the worst), the ones about Amber White's face and tattoos here:

If I was Amber, I'd blacklist myself from this website based solely on that.

cgsweat
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

The MQT is arbitrary and dubious. It filters what offends the administration of this website, but leaves most of the comments bashing the women featured on here (comments insulting their appearance, especially regarding roids, tattoos, etc.). There are so many comments hating on tattoos and bashing women for steroids that you would think the repetition detecting algorithm in the MQT would catch them, but it does not.

If the MQT focused on enforcing respect towards the women featured on this website, then I would understand it. But it leaves those disrespectful, even mean, comments unfiltered.

If I was a FBB featured on this website, I would roll my eyes at "boing" and the like, but I would ask for myself to be removed from this website if I read comments like, for example (and this example is not one of the worst), the ones about Amber White's face and tattoos here:

If I was Amber, I'd blacklist myself from this website based solely on that.

And is there a comment you would like to report?

[deleted]

And is there a comment you would like to report?

No, because I previously reported a comment -- one single report for one single comment -- for this and was read the riot act in a private message from a mod. He chewed me out, called me angry names, etc. I refuse to engage in that kind of playground bullying, so I just replied that I lost respect for him and left it at that. So, I don't report comments anymore.

Instead of reporting the comments, I gave a link to examples on a recent image (the Amber White one).

You don't care to address the substance of what I'm saying? In sum, I'm saying that the administration's use of the MQT does not care about respecting the women featured on this website; the MQT just seeks to amend the comments that offend the personal sensibilities of the administration. This is how it seems to me. Please tell me why I'm wrong.

Edit: I should note that I have never reported anything from "LectricBoogaloo." My report was done under my old name, Drakdale. I canceled that longstanding account when I decided to boycott commenting on images after what I view as the misguided MQT, even though my comments as Drakdale always made it past the filter because I always try to be respectful and thoughtful. I initially was going to name myself "Drak II: Electric Boogaloo," but that is too long, so I just went with LectricBoogaloo. I feel that I'm stepping out on a limb here by engaging in the forums. I expect that I will be disappointed here, too, and quit participating, but I'm gonna give engagement another shot before I make any final decision to bow out for good. I don't upload photos, so I won't be missed. LOL I'll become a fly on the wall, as it were. No big deal.

cgsweat
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

No, because I previously reported a comment -- one single report for one single comment -- for this and was read the riot act in a private message from a mod. He chewed me out, called me angry names, etc. I refuse to engage in that kind of playground bullying, so I just replied that I lost respect for him and left it at that. So, I don't report comments anymore.

That sounds like a serious accusation.

Do you have proof of this?

[deleted]
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

That sounds like a serious accusation.

Do you have proof of this?

Really? I didn't think it was serious, which is why I never reported it to Chainer. If you can pull up my old account, Drakdale, then there is proof there. I could even private message you the name of the mod who attacked me. But, I don't really care to. It's the past. I don't have any hard feelings, other than I don't care to report anything any more. And I lost respect for a mod whom I used to have a lot of respect for.

cgsweat
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

Really? I didn't think it was serious, which is why I never reported it to Chainer.

Yet you felt the need to bring it up here.

It's fine if you still feel strongly about it. I'm just looking for clarification, as this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

[deleted]
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

Yet you felt the need to bring it up here.

It's fine if you still feel strongly about it. I'm just looking for clarification, as this is the first time I'm hearing about it.

I only brought it up here to explain why I won't report comments anymore. I've already resigned myself to that. It's fine. It does not matter.

[deleted]

This is the best FBB website on the WWW. No doubt about that. For that, I'm very grateful. I visit the site everyday and have for many years. I just don't think the MQT does anything beyond amending trivial things, while leaving (mostly) untouched the problem with comments on this website, which is people being disrespectful and mean toward the women featured on GWM.

LectricBoogaloo: No, because I previously reported a comment -- one single report for one single comment -- for this and was read the riot act in a private message from a mod. He chewed me out, called me angry names, etc.

Lol, this was the entire extent of my DM to you (after you misused the reporting system to complain about fp909 pointing out you were being creepy in some thread or other):

Ok, don't participate in the forum then, if someone noting your weird behavior is weird is going to offend you so much. And don't make frivolous reports in the reporting system.

Also, fp909 is no longer a volunteer mod. So any whining you have to do on the subject will fall on even more deaf ears than before.

To which you wrote like 5 paragraphs in response about how much you didn't care.

[deleted]

Lol, this was the entire extent of my DM to you (after you misused the reporting system to complain about fp909 pointing out you were being creepy in some thread or other):

To which you wrote like 5 paragraphs in response about how much you didn't care.

That is not the entire DM you sent me. I used the report to point out that fp909, a mod at the time, was attacking me personally, and then you attacked me personally in a private message. I still stand by the fact that my comment was not weird or creepy, and would direct anyone to the "Real Encounters" thread where Wanda Moore is mentioned (my old name will now be "Deleted" instead of "Drakdale") to make their own judgment.

But mods attacking the visitors of this site is not something that I wish to discuss in this thread. I just don't respect you anymore. I didn't report you to Chainer or share your name with anyone else, though you just outed yourself. My entire reply consisted of me telling you why what I said wasn't creepy, why I had a lot of respect for you, and why you had completely lost my respect through your harsh and poor judgment. It was not about "how much [I] didn't care." LOL

Incidentally, the reason why I have not, until today, stated that my former name was Drakdale is because I wanted to avoid the kind of exchange that I just had with Chipperpip. Perhaps it was a mistake to mention who I am and I should have kept my anonymity. I would invite Chipperpip to ignore me in the future, as I would like to ignore him.

This is a tangent that I do not wish to carry on. I wrote Chipperpip off long ago. Let's get back to what this thread is about, the MQT.

[deleted]
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

I have been coming here many years and have cringed many times at people's comments, and even not commented at all because the other comments in an image thread were too over the top for me. So I get the MQT on some level. I think it is well-intended.

But the "boings" and repetition are just annoying; they don't really hurt anyone. They probably don't make people want to be removed from this website. But mean, disrespectful comments can hurt the people who they're about if they visit this website and read them. Those are the comments that bother me, the ones that I think should be weeded out. But I don't run this fantastic website.

[deleted]
Nov 05, 2022 - permalink

My last comment about Chipperpip was too harsh. I still respect your contributions to this website, what you upload. I can't deny that. I just don't appreciate being judged harshly for a split second thought that I admitted to having, when my intention was to spare someone else's (Wanda's) feelings. But I sounded too dramatic there in my last comment.

Anyway, back to MQT

Nov 05, 2022 - edited Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

LectricBoogaloo: That is not the entire DM you sent me.

YES, IT IS. That is the entire extent of my DM's to "drakdale". Why are you lying about this when I can see my own message history with you, as can the other mods? We can also see that I haven't edited or deleted any message in that exchange. I didn't respond any further because it was irrelevant as long as you stopped being annoying with the reporting system.

Anything beyond what I copied above only exists in your own imagination.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink
Deleted by damagecontrol
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

A speech in favor of the filter.

One day I stopped reading comments. I was hoping to find something interesting in it, something informative, or at least something funny or intelligent. But after going through the comments I realized I wasted my time again. As so often. I don't need a description of the picture, which everyone can see anyway, and blind people can't read the comments either. Or a stranger's opinion of a woman, tastes differ anyway (eg. Wow, nice biceps ..., I don't like the tattoos etc.) That's just incredibly boring for others, at least for me.

As Chainer mentioned somewhere, give the picture a +1 if you like it. The filter makes the page / comments more interesting for me again and I give the comments a new chance.

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - edited Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

YES, IT IS. That is the entire extent of my DM's to "drakdale". Why are you lying about this when I can see my own message history with you, as can the other mods? We can also see that I haven't edited or deleted any message in that exchange. I didn't respond any further because it was irrelevant as long as you stopped being annoying with the reporting system.

Anything beyond what I copied above only exists in your own imagination.

What you posted above is not the entire message. You left out the part where you berated me for sending reports (plural) when I had sent only one. Here's what happened:

I posted a message in Real Encounters thread about seeing Wanda Moore in public. I literally just walked by her. She saw me looking at her, gave me a dirty look. I looked away and kept walking. I mentioned in that thread that I thought she was offended by me looking at her and I figured she was judged poorly by the general public for being muscular, so I thought, for a split second, about saying "Miss Wanda" -- the moniker she went by online -- to her to let her know that I was a fan and not looking at her with negative judgment. I thought better of doing that because she could also take that the wrong way and, besides, she's certainly used to being looked at. So I said nothing to her and just walked on, leaving her alone.

FP909 and DamageControl (who also has a history of making unfair glib judgments about others) said that I was creepy. I objected because my intention was to spare her feelings. I thought that a mod shouldn't be making such harsh judgments about visitors, so I reported FP909. I forgot about it until a few days later when you berated me for making reports about Fp909. Having been attacked twice by two different mods for something that I merely thought of doing in order to spare someone's feelings, I explained to you why I thought you were wrong and why you should've just let it go and I wouldn't have said anything again about. You do recall that in my response, right? I mean, you have it right there in front of you. I do not have access to that exchange any longer and when I clicked on your message history link it takes me nowhere.

You essentially judged me as creepy because I wanted to spare someone from having hurt feelings. What kind of person are you?

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

Along with the MQT occurring at the same time as two mods accusing me of being creepy, it left me with the impression that the administration of this website doesn't care about how people are treated, neither the visitors or the women featured on here. What you care about is "boing."

That does not make sense to me. Glib judgments of others can be hurtful, though they usually say more about the person making the judgment than they do the target. "Boing" just makes people roll their eyes. But that's what the GWM administration cares about.

Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

You essentially judged me as creepy because I wanted to spare someone from having hurt feelings. What kind of person are you?

It's not your job to spare people from hurt feelings. What are you 14?

And stating a personal opinion about tats, especially ones that are overdone, is not "hate". It's someones opinion, and I will not stop sharing mine when I feel like sharing it, because you want everyone to walk around on egg shells.

But I will agree that 'damagecontrol' and 'fp909' comes across as jerks at times. But it's the internet, it's typing and not human interaction. In real life they are probably likeable guys.

You seem very sensitive and put off a huge millenial/xenial vibe.

[deleted]
Nov 06, 2022 - permalink

It's not your job to spare people from hurt feelings. What are you 14?

It's every human's job to treat others as you want to be treated. I thought that she misunderstood my glance as me looking at her like a freak and I wanted her to know that I did not think she was a freak. The general public does not seem to judge FBBs kindly, and I think that's unfortunate. I chose to just keep walking, though, because perhaps the look she gave me was meant to be interpreted as "stay away." So I stayed away.

And stating a personal opinion about tats, especially ones that are overdone, is not "hate". It's someones opinion, and I will not stop sharing mine when I feel like sharing it, because you want everyone to walk around on egg shells.

You're entitled to your opinion. The mention of tats in my previous comment was intended to reference the MQT's algorithm that detects repetitiveness, not the "hate" part so much. I don't think that you should have to walk on eggshells.

But I will agree that 'damagecontrol' and 'fp909' comes across as jerks at times. But it's the internet, it's typing and not human interaction. In real life they are probably likeable guys.

You're probably right.

You seem very sensitive and put off a huge millenial/xenial vibe.

I'll take that as a compliment. I'm much older. I am a sensitive person, but it's not personal. I really don't care if someone who I don't know thinks I'm creepy or unstable. I mean, the majority of the general public seems to think that liking FBBs is creepy, and I don't mind that either. My family, friends, and coworkers don't think I"m creepy or unstable at all. I'm the guy who settles disputes and who they come to with their problems, LOL. Seriously. What I care about is that people are treated with kindness and respect, and given the benefit of the doubt, unless they give you a damn good reason not to treat them that way.

« first < prev Page 5 of 6 next > last »