Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why was this image merged?

May 28, 2024 - permalink

Hey, wait a minute, don't adopt an attitude that doesn't belong to you: don't scold me like an angry mother. You are making a mistake, since these are two different pics. I didn't reupload anything. Both pics, the previously merged one and this one were uploaded at the same time.

https://www.instagram.com/p/C7dJ6XBtU4p/?img_... first merged https://www.instagram.com/p/C7dJ6XBtU4p/?img_... second merged

tamarok
May 28, 2024 - edited May 28, 2024 - permalink

I took a look and they are different photos from the same shoot. I’ll check with the mod who took the action.

Edit: so I looked into it a bit more and I see they were both uploaded at the same time, with one being merged into the video and the other deleted with the message. Since they were both uploaded at the same time, I don’t see any evidence you were ignoring the explanation given earlier. I’ve converted the deletion into a merge, into:

May 28, 2024 - permalink

OK @tamarok Thank you

[deleted]
May 29, 2024 - permalink

Hi all and mods, my version of this got merged into this one. Any chance this can be looked at please?

I think (and thought at the time of uploading) that my version was a higher resolution

Thanks!🙏

May 29, 2024 - permalink

Hi all and mods, my version of this got merged into this one. Any chance this can be looked at please?

I think (and thought at the time of uploading) that my version was a higher resolution

Thanks!🙏

Your version was artifically upsized and has a weird sharpening/smoothing filter applied to it, possibly AI-based. Don't do any of that. If you can't find an actual better quality original, just leave the existing one.

[deleted]
May 29, 2024 - permalink

I didn’t do any of that tbh. I downloaded straight from her Twitter so I did nothing to it. Here it is for proof:

https://x.com/nataliyaamazon3/status/17954319...

So please don’t think I edited the image

[deleted]
May 29, 2024 - permalink

I didn’t do any of that tbh. I downloaded straight from her Twitter so I did nothing to it. Here it is for proof:

https://x.com/nataliyaamazon3/status/17954319...

So please don’t think I edited the image

Please don’t race to think we are accusing people of up scaling images when this comes up. Many times the women or their media handlers are doing it themselves. Either way the result is the same. So not one js pinning anything. On you becuase you are downstream of the changes made

Jun 12, 2024 - permalink

It's hard for me to understand this merge if it doesn't provide more resolution... quite the opposite.

[deleted]
Jun 12, 2024 - permalink

I hadn’t seen these but maybe it’s bc of the crotch area in the right one? Not sure

Jun 12, 2024 - permalink

I hadn’t seen these but maybe it’s bc of the crotch area in the right one? Not sure

This police way of suspecting that I may be rigging my appeal is insulting. Instead of making that cheap comment you could check since you have the pic that I uploaded. What I add in the attached image is a capture of the pic that I keep in my cloud to which I superimposed the image window in GWM at 100%

Jun 12, 2024 - permalink

This is the pic

[deleted]
Jun 12, 2024 - permalink

i reversed it considering i think the new one had a filter and the old one had a pretty significant score too. otherwise not really much diff

Jun 24, 2024 - permalink

Uploaded to original version right of Instagram at full resolution, uploaded shortly after it was posted. Now days later it gets merged into someone’s else’s image that wasn’t there when I uploaded it and I don’t even get credit anymore. This has happened multiple times recently.

Jun 24, 2024 - permalink

Dear Klaus, Are you making cash off of this in some way? Otherwise, I cannot see why you would be so profoundly offended by a simple merge.

[deleted]
Jun 24, 2024 - permalink

Uploaded to original version right of Instagram at full resolution, uploaded shortly after it was posted. Now days later it gets merged into someone’s else’s image that wasn’t there when I uploaded it and I don’t even get credit anymore. This has happened multiple times recently.

you uploaded an image, and it was merged into a video that contains the image.

tamarok
Jun 25, 2024 - permalink

The video was there before your upload. As for credits the logic works as follows:

• image was merged into older image: older image gets credit only
  • image was merged into new image: both images get credit
Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

So there is no incentive to add names because if you uploaded first without adding a name, then someone else’s uploads with name, after checking if the image is already uploaded (which can’t be found because lack of name), the person who lazyly uploaded without a name gets all the credit.

Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

you uploaded an image, and it was merged into a video that contains the image.

That wasn’t the post I was originally asking about. I’m just confused because there are loads of pictures here that are just screenshots from videos that are also uploaded. Did they just all slip through the cracks?

Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

That wasn’t the post I was originally asking about. I’m just confused because there are loads of pictures here that are just screenshots from videos that are also uploaded. Did they just all slip through the cracks?

Probably. If you see them , then report them. the Mods don't catch everything.

[deleted]
Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

Yep, and if they are just stills from the videos or the same as frames from a video, they get merged. And then they end up on this thread. I actually think there’s one on the previous page

tamarok
Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

Many of the images and videos get uploaded to the website without filtering by the mods. This means we catch them after the fact, either by us noticing them directly or via reports.

Also, some people will notice a batch of their uploads being merged or deleted. This is usually because one or two of their uploads suggests the profile needs a closer look. Some profiles go under the radar a while, with low quality uploads, before they get noticed.

Also do consider all the mods are volunteers, so are here when they have time to commit. We appreciate the reports. We aren’t looking to upset anyone, but when we are trying to keep the image collection interesting to everyone, while focusing on the intent of the site, then that is a risk.

Jun 26, 2024 - permalink

How come I can’t see images on my profile that have been merged as duplicates but still have my name as the uploader?

Jun 27, 2024 - permalink

So there is no incentive to add names because if you uploaded first without adding a name, then someone else’s uploads with name, after checking if the image is already uploaded (which can’t be found because lack of name), the person who lazyly uploaded without a name gets all the credit.

That's what burns me up... I try to check the girls images before I upload images so as not to duplicate an image... When can't find the image uploaded to the woman's page/pages I upload it. Then later I see all that time I took to check if the image was there already was wasted, because someone had uploaded it with no name or only the first name.

On a few occassions I've seen where my upload was deleted and/or merged but the name I provided wasn't give to the unnamed or first name only upload.

[deleted]
Jun 27, 2024 - permalink

How come I can’t see images on my profile that have been merged as duplicates but still have my name as the uploader?

Because it’s attributed to the uploader it’s merged to. But depending on the merge it may or may not count for your own score.

[deleted]
Jun 27, 2024 - permalink

That's what burns me up... I try to check the girls images before I upload images so as not to duplicate an image... When can't find the image uploaded to the woman's page/pages I upload it. Then later I see all that time I took to check if the image was there already was wasted, because someone had uploaded it with no name or only the first name.

On a few occassions I've seen where my upload was deleted and/or merged but the name I provided wasn't give to the unnamed or first name only upload.

Well it’s fake internet points so it’s important to remember that none of this really matters.

« first < prev Page 5 of 6 next > last »