Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why was this image merged?

Jan 03, 2024 - permalink

I see that my previous question hasn't been really answered, but here's a new one already: my older upload was merged into this one: https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/2158222/

I can see that my upload (which I downloaded from Denise's Instagram profile) is a slightly cropped version of the newer upload, but the resolution of my upload is much better.

Jan 04, 2024 - permalink
Deleted by hunter45
Chainer
Jan 05, 2024 - permalink

I agree ElsieGuen, I will reverse that.

Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/2168122/

I think I also uploaded the full video but still lost the merge against a 30 sec cropped one but how come the other person who uploaded the same full video can win it ?

Jan 12, 2024 - permalink

https://www.girlswithmuscle.com/2168122/

I think I also uploaded the full video but still lost the merge against a 30 sec cropped one but how come the other person who uploaded the same full video can win it ?

This was already fixed in terms of merging into one of the 1m13s full clips, but yours was the logoless version that's a little higher quality, so I've switched it to the primary one.

It didn't make a huge difference visually in this case, but I like to encourage people to upload those versions, and they're also just better generally from having less stuff covering the video.

Jan 19, 2024 - permalink
Deleted by Go_muscle
Jan 27, 2024 - permalink
Deleted by PATO83
Jan 27, 2024 - edited Jan 27, 2024 - permalink

If there's no apparent visual difference between images of different resolutions, then the one uploaded earlier usually wins the merge. A lot of times the 1440p versions just seem to be internal resizings by Instagram with no actual benefit.

In this case the 1440 one was actually sharper on a closer look so I reversed the merge order. None of us cares who uploaded what, the usernames aren't even something I look at when comparing duplicates.

(Also, wrong thread, I've moved these last two posts to a more fitting one)

[deleted]
Feb 05, 2024 - permalink

Honestly, I just wanted to understand why it was merged, since I had posted it before with better quality, if you could explain it to me

Chainer
Feb 05, 2024 - permalink

To me it didn't look like yours was higher quality. It has more pixels but not more detail.

Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

Why were the pics I uploaded of Ava merged with different/older images of her? Her pose and outfit are the same but the conditioning is clearly different..

My Uploads vs The "Duplicates"

fp909
Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

She’s starting to fall into “too many similar”

She doesn’t have a lot of uploads and recently this is the only thing that she’s been posting. I would wait for a more dramatic change.

tamarok
Apr 23, 2024 - permalink

The other reason is image reports. You get enough image reports, as mods, for the same thing and at some point merging a set of images like this is just best. I know its frustrating for you, but there are enough other photos needing attention that we can't spend too much time over one set of photos.

BTW If she had done the two pictures with a different coloured bikini then it would have been obvious enough to everyone, despite the matching pose.

« first < prev Page 4 of 4 next > last »