Forum > Site Discussion > Thread

Why was this image merged?

[deleted]
Jul 04, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
Chainer
Jul 04, 2023 - permalink

I agree that this was merged incorrectly, and the larger resolution one (yours) is higher quality. I have reversed it.

[deleted]
Jul 05, 2023 - permalink
Deleted by [deleted]
[deleted]
Jul 10, 2023 - permalink

Can someone tell me why mine was merged into the other one, when i was the first person to not only post this video, but the first person to ever post her on this site? AND i was the one to report the other as a duplicate

Chainer
Jul 10, 2023 - permalink

I wasn't the one who did the merge, but probably because the one it was merged into doesn't have the tiktok watermark, nor the several second black tiktok screen at the end.

[deleted]
Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

Ahhh yeah but i mean come on, getting robbed over an original find for that?

Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

Yes, that's why. The versions without the Tiktok logos added are the higher-quality original video files. They can be downloaded using things like https://snaptik.app and a bunch of other websites and apps.

[deleted]
Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

Is a negligible quality difference worth taking a post away from the person who was the first person to post her here and reported the other as duplicate?

Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

They're telling you yes, so, uh...yeah lol

It's just a merge...not the end of the world, now

Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

the person who was the first person to post her here

That's actually what the "New Finds" stats on your profile page are for, separately. There was some discussion of potentially tying that to bonus upload slots and such down the line, but for now it's just something nice to look at.

Also, it would have been automatically detected or reported as a duplicate whether you reported it yourself or not. I think there were 3 separate reports for those clips in the queue, 2 manual and 1 automatic.

Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

I fail to understand why people get worked up if the 'first find' pic/vid is merged. All photo's/vids on the WWW are subject to copyright...just ask the people at ChatGPT who were so smug just a few days ago, but not now.

tamarok
Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

I fail to understand why people get worked up if the 'first find' pic/vid is merged. All photo's/vids on the WWW are subject to copyright...just ask the people at ChatGPT who were so smug just a few days ago, but not now.

Perceived standing matters to some, but sometimes the glory too. It can be a bit disheartening to lose a merge, but even mods can lose a merge too, so we’ve all lived it and just need to fixes on the next image.

It’s been mentioned before, but as you say every photo essentially has a copyright. This is why we try to stay in the good graces of the photographers and models who either tolerate us or accept us posting their photos here. There are many who have asked not to be here.

Anyhow this is now a little off-topic for here.

Jul 11, 2023 - permalink

I understand Tamarok. I thought I would just mention a tid-bit, which has drawn things off topic. Sorry about that.

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

I'm trying to post some screenshots of videos with very specific moments and they're merging, are you going to do this with all my content? I'm tired of seeing several screenshots on this site and nothing happens, I don't understand the criteria of this site

cgsweat
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

I'm tired of seeing several screenshots on this site and nothing happens, I don't understand the criteria of this site

Have you reported these?

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

Have you reported these?

what do you mean? i`m newbie here 2077215, 2077216, 2077217 are those posts

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

It's actually kinda frustrating, I just wanted to understand the criteria, my idea is to post specific moments of Kristen in videos, with screenshots

cgsweat
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

I just wanted to understand the criteria

A merge happens when you upload a duplicate of someone else's upload. The merge will favor the one of higher quality, which in this case is the video. If you do not want this to happen then you need to avoid screenshots and post the original video.

Chainer
Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

To add to this, Kristen Nun already has almost 1,400 uploads so while you may be a fan of hers, we don't really need more content of her that's been regurgitated from her existing stuff.

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

Okay, but good for me, this site is useless, so I hope they apply this type of conduct to other models here too

Sep 12, 2023 - permalink

I'm trying to post some screenshots of videos with very specific moments and they're merging, are you going to do this with all my content?

If you're posting a bunch of screenshots of videos that are already on the site? Yeah probably, don't do that.

The only time I make exceptions for that are for exceptionally good moments that only last for a few frames in the video version. If they're clearly visible in the video, then the screenshot is redundant and will likely be merged.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Can I know the reason behind my upload getting merged into this ? Thanks !

Chainer
Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Your version is higher resolution but not higher quality. It's basically a blown up version of the other one.

Sometimes in these cases I would still keep the higher-resolution/same quality version if it was uploaded significantly earlier, but in this case they are both uploaded on the same day.

Sep 17, 2023 - permalink

Your version is higher resolution but not higher quality. It's basically a blown up version of the other one.

Sometimes in these cases I would still keep the higher-resolution/same quality version if it was uploaded significantly earlier, but in this case they are both uploaded on the same day.

Yeah , ok Thanks Chainer for replying.

« first < prev Page 2 of 4 next > last »